fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

No way I start him again until he is fully healthy. 

And when will that be smh 

• Like 1

Well I learned my lesson about drafting guys with injury prone label in the early rounds. Not sure what I was thinking even if he stays healthy its not like his upside is miles ahead of other guys and the downside is this purgatory we are in now where you can't confidently start him or sit him. 

At this point who would people rather own Cook or Fournette? 

15 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Well I learned my lesson about drafting guys with injury prone label in the early rounds. Not sure what I was thinking even if he stays healthy its not like his upside is miles ahead of other guys and the downside is this purgatory we are in now where you can't confidently start him or sit him. 

At this point who would people rather own Cook or Fournette? 

Cook for me. He should be good next week.

If you draft Fournette you better draft every RB that's on their roster lol

Where is the LF pep squad to tell everyone they are not worried, he doesn’t have much of an injury history and they are simply licking their chops for when he comes back to lead their teams to glory?? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Where is the LF pep squad to tell everyone they are not worried, he doesn’t have much of an injury history and they are simply licking their chops for when he comes back to lead their teams to glory?? 

They’re out with hamstring injuries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

In the same boat as you.

What does the next few weeks look out? Are we right back to Week 3/4 where he sits a few weeks again to try and get healthy? Or is this looking more long term? 

So what's the real story here? Did he re-injure his hamstring or was he never really healthy enough to play in the first place? I think this information is way more important than letting us all know about how Fournette is the reason your team is 1-3. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

So what's the real story here? Did he re-injure his hamstring or was he never really healthy enough to play in the first place? I think this information is way more important than letting us all know about how Fournette is the reason your team is 1-3. 

You tell us.

Nobody quite knows yet.

At this point I hope they just place him on IR with eligibility to return week 13. Come back fresh and rested. I'm just glad I have Marky Mark Ingram making his return.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

brutal spot to be in.

He's likely impossible to trade away unless you're getting like 30-40 cents on the dollar in return. 

I'd have no confidence in starting for fear of re-aggravation 

Seems like a wasted year 

• Like 1

Glad I didn't drop Yeldon in the league I own Fournette in.  I thought last year may have been a fluke, but with this BS going on this year this may be the last time I ever draft this guy.

5 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

brutal spot to be in.

He's likely impossible to trade away unless you're getting like 30-40 cents on the dollar in return. 

I'd have no confidence in starting for fear of re-aggravation 

Seems like a wasted year 

Luckily he's only cost me one game. This week he almost did. I'll be at 3-1 and will not put him in my lineup again unless he makes it through a full game this season. Even then I may hesitate.

• Like 1

As someone who drafted him I can obviously understand the frustration but without any knowledge of whether this was another pull or tightness it's foolish to say when he will or won't play in absolute terms.  

Other RBs taken near him - Cook, Howard, Hunt, Freeman, etc have all brought frustration too.  Just gotta stay patient.  Until we learn any facts, we're arguing about perceptions

• Like 5

I was a super bullish on Fournette, but time to change course. Pity Melvin Gordon got taken one pick before me.... anyways, I'll be looking to move Lenny ASAP. This is looking like a lost year, I don't see him fully recovering for a few weeks at the least. 

The only insight or advice I have for my fellow LF owners is, if you don't have Yeldon, trade one of your spare pieces for a  RB like AP, James white, aaron jones, asap to hold you over till fournette ever comes back. 

49 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

As someone who drafted him I can obviously understand the frustration but without any knowledge of whether this was another pull or tightness it's foolish to say when he will or won't play in absolute terms.  

Other RBs taken near him - Cook, Howard, Hunt, Freeman, etc have all brought frustration too.  Just gotta stay patient.  Until we learn any facts, we're arguing about perceptions

Please continue, Ive still got one foot over the ledge....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

The only insight or advice I have for my fellow LF owners is, if you don't have Yeldon, trade one of your spare pieces for a  RB like AP, James white, aaron jones, asap to hold you over till fournette ever comes back. 

I don't see AP maintaining his numbers through a full season, White is an OK flex at best, Jones would be great if GB would ever commit (they won't).

I still like Fournette's upside over these guys.

15 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I don't see AP maintaining his numbers through a full season, White is an OK flex at best, Jones would be great if GB would ever commit (they won't).

I still like Fournette's upside over these guys.

He's not advocating selling Fournette for those players, just listing off potential targets that could fill in while Fournette is out. 

• Like 1

Just now, JSA2422 said:

He's not advocating selling Fournette for those players, just listing off potential targets that could fill in while Fournette is out. 

Thanks - my bad I was skimming multiple threads.

1 hour ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Yup, and I managed to draft Fournette, Howard AND Drake. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why I'm 0-4 :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In a season long points league this guy has literally killed my season. Down 4 weeks of RB1 production, there's no coming back from that.

At least when other players are injured you know for sure they're out and don't have to suffer a 3 or 5 point game where they're supposedly healthy and only play one quarter. Then you lose because if the guy was simply "Out" to begin with, you could've started someone worthwhile on your bench. 

Never again. 

• Sad 1

I’m starting to think I loved the idea of Fournette and what he could be more than the reality. Probably because the playoff games were the freshest thing in my mind, especially the Pittsburgh game where the size, speed, and agility was on full display. Not the end of the world it’s early enough to figure out another plan but I’m not expecting him back or to provide any meaningful contributions at this point.

• Like 1

This would be every Fournette owner's worst nightmare:

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/10/1/17923046/leonard-fournette-injury-jaguars-injured-reserve

If this happened, I don't think any of us that were still able to make the playoffs without him could really even trust to put him back in the lineup at that point. I do agree with one part though, I don't expect him back until after their bye at the earliest.

• Like 1