fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

I fell like my entire season is riding on Fournette and it’s not pleasant. Losing sleep, waking up in cold sweats. One night I woke up grabbing my hammy, the next night it was my ancle, it never ends! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

After owning Fournette last year it was easy to avoid drafting him this year especially where he was going.

The potential for LF is very high but his injury history doesn't seemed to be factored in draft position.

I would suggest to everyone in here to hold on to him because his trade value is probably pretty low. Make a trade for Yeldon and that would be your best bet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So is there any kind if timetable being floated out there for a return?

trying to determine how much I should give up to trade for him

2 minutes ago, jccouger said:

So is there any kind if timetable being floated out there for a return?

trying to determine how much I should give up to trade for him

No. I think most here are assuming week 10 at this point.

Edited by MJJ28

LOL... Just sit out until healthy.  Hope everyone has Yeldon.

Rap’s Twitter:

#Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette is, in fact, going to miss Sunday’s game against the #Cowboys with a hamstring injury, sources say. Not a surprise, it was headed that way. So he’s out two in a row after his setback.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1049358423232565248

Can’t say I’m surprised by this, but damn unless this guy comes back week 10 and rips it up the second half of the season, what a wasted pick.

Edited by Tyler Durden

I actually prefer Fournette to sit out. I have both him and Yeldon, last scenario I need is for Fournette to suit up and pull his hammy in the game. Would make it really hard to start him or Yeldon if he was active. While Yeldon won't produce what Fournette normall does, it is close. The great part of Yeldon without Fournette is he see's more snaps than Fournette would if he were healthy. I believe when Fournette was healthy he was only playing about 60% of the snaps. Yeldon should be seeing around 80% of the snaps now without Fournette and Grant. Yeldon should be in the RB1/RB2 area as long as Fournette isn't playing.

• Like 1

Fournette and Yeldon owner.  If Fournette never returned I would not be upset about it.  Additionally, even if he is healthy enough to return he WILL NOT be in my lineup whenever he has his first big game.  I just do not trust him, I need some bankable history to convince me he is safe to play.  There is nothing worse in fantasy than a questionable dude playing through an injury and leaving in the 1st quarter.  Those are week killers.  Give me Yeldon's low floor on the ground, and high ceiling in the pass game every single time.

Like Bill Belicheck says, the best ability is AVAILIBILITY.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Fournette and Yeldon owner.  If Fournette never returned I would not be upset about it.  Additionally, even if he is healthy enough to return he WILL NOT be in my lineup whenever he has his first big game.  I just do not trust him, I need some bankable history to convince me he is safe to play.  There is nothing worse in fantasy than a questionable dude playing through an injury and leaving in the 1st quarter.  Those are week killers.  Give me Yeldon's low floor on the ground, and high ceiling in the pass game every single time.

Like Bill Belicheck says, the best ability is AVAILIBILITY.

Completely agree, trusted this dude with his Q tag last week and barely escaped with a W. I just traded Yeldon in a package deal for DHop so I’m kinda still holding out hope for Fournette to come back healthy. But I will not be starting this dude until he can actually play a full game. Man that’s a tough pill to swallow for a guy most of us spent some high draft capital on.

Can we please stop with 'I hope he sits I have yeldon blah blah blah'. Not all of us were lucky enough to get yeldon and its annoying to hear the same comments posted every week that don't add to the discussion

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Can we please stop with 'I hope he sits I have yeldon blah blah blah'. Not all of us were lucky enough to get yeldon and its annoying to hear the same comments posted every week that don't add to the discussion

I hope he sits since he isn't doing himself, the Jaguars or my fantasy team any help coming back and getting injured again. Yeldon's solid performance even in light of Jags losing Grant gives me more confidence they'll be conservative with Fournette and I doubt we see him until after the BYE at the earliest. At this point all we really have to discuss though is speculation. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 1

Do running backs lift weights during the regular season to maintain strength?

Everyone keeps assuming he will be back to his old ways once he is cleared (maybe week 10??).....but is there any concern that a lot of his strength will be lost due to no leg conditioning while he is out?

24 minutes ago, Bob69024 said:

Completely agree, trusted this dude with his Q tag last week and barely escaped with a W. I just traded Yeldon in a package deal for DHop so I’m kinda still holding out hope for Fournette to come back healthy. But I will not be starting this dude until he can actually play a full game. Man that’s a tough pill to swallow for a guy most of us spent some high draft capital on.

Bad move...Yeldon will be getting RB1 volume with Grant out and Fournette is likely done for this year ( how can you miss the entire year with a hamstring injury and come back effective? )

Source:

Fournette owner with 5-0 record

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Do running backs lift weights during the regular season to maintain strength?

Everyone keeps assuming he will be back to his old ways once he is cleared (maybe week 10??).....but is there any concern that a lot of his strength will be lost due to no leg conditioning while he is out?

While they aren't aiming to PR during the regular season I'm sure RBs do exercises to maintain strength, flexibility and durability during the regular season. I can't say I've ever heard of this really being a concern outside of the first week a guy comes back which usually has more to do with the team easing him in and him needing to get back in "game shape". I'm sure the rehab process will have Fournette still doing leg conditioning, stretching and some lifts, just because they want him to rest and heal doesn't necessarily mean he'll be sitting on the couch with his leg up the whole time. Additionally, a lot of hamstring injuries have to do with a muscular imbalances so he could potentially be trying to strengthen his quads and related muscle groups through lifts or simply stretching to improve flexibility. 

1 minute ago, Jaw1 said:

While they aren't aiming to PR during the regular season I'm sure RBs do exercises to maintain strength, flexibility and durability during the regular season. I can't say I've ever heard of this really being a concern outside of the first week a guy comes back which usually has more to do with the team easing him in and him needing to get back in "game shape". I'm sure the rehab process will have Fournette still doing leg conditioning, stretching and some lifts, just because they want him to rest and heal doesn't necessarily mean he'll be sitting on the couch with his leg up the whole time. Additionally, a lot of hamstring injuries have to do with a muscular imbalances so he could potentially be trying to strengthen his quads and related muscle groups through lifts or simply stretching to improve flexibility. 

In my head I assume starting RBs (especially Fournette) are dead lifting and squatting ridiculous amount of weight during the off season and then finding creative ways to maintain that strength during the regular season.

W/out a solid core and lower body strength, not sure how effective they can be? I know he will be rehabbing the injury, but not sure how long it will take for him to rebuild core/leg strength.....

4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Bad move...Yeldon will be getting RB1 volume with Grant out and Fournette is likely done for this year ( how can you miss the entire year with a hamstring injury and come back effective? )

Source:

Fournette owner with 5-0 record

You know nothing about my team I’m also 5-0 and have the depth to make bold moves like this .

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

In my head I assume starting RBs (especially Fournette) are dead lifting and squatting ridiculous amount of weight during the off season and then finding creative ways to maintain that strength during the regular season.

W/out a solid core and lower body strength, not sure how effective they can be? I know he will be rehabbing the injury, but not sure how long it will take for him to rebuild core/leg strength.....

That wouldn't really be a concern of mine. If he can come back healthy and not reinjure himself I don't think his leg strength will be an issue.

1 minute ago, Bob69024 said:

You know nothing about my team I’m also 5-0 and have the depth to make bold moves like this .

Fair enough...D-Hop looked great last night

I have both Fournette and Yeldon and agree the best thing is for Fournette to rest and (hopefully) be 100 percent for the second half of the season. I disagree, though, that Yeldon is producing the same as Fournette. Yeldon is averaging 81 yards a game as a starter--Fournette averaged 101 last year.  

The difference between the two is Yeldon is much less likely to have monster games where he can carry you on a given week.  

49 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

The takeaway, for people who do not have Yeldon, is you can't trust Fournette.  So whenever he comes back, add 1 week to it when you could actually play him without risking another goose-egg because he leaves in the 1st Quarter.  And in the best case scenario, you leave a 30 on your bench that week.  But worst case, you roll him out there, and he gives you a 2.  That's not the type of volatility you really look for out of a guy drafted with your top 15 pick.  If I did not have his cuff, I'd trade him for $0.50 on the dollar.  I'd say a guy like James White, but the James White owner might laugh in my face.

26 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

The takeaway, for people who do not have Yeldon, is you can't trust Fournette.  So whenever he comes back, add 1 week to it when you could actually play him without risking another goose-egg because he leaves in the 1st Quarter.  And in the best case scenario, you leave a 30 on your bench that week.  But worst case, you roll him out there, and he gives you a 2.  That's not the type of volatility you really look for out of a guy drafted with your top 15 pick.  If I did not have his cuff, I'd trade him for $0.50 on the dollar.  I'd say a guy like James White, but the James White owner might laugh in my face.

I was able to unload him for Thielen and D. Cook. The other owner is 5-0 and can afford to wait. I don't have the cuff so I couldn't.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Chase Money said:

I was able to unload him for Thielen and D. Cook. The other owner is 5-0 and can afford to wait. I don't have the cuff so I couldn't.

I don't think that's a reasonable return in any competitive league.  Great that you got it, but you'd be lucky to get Dalvin Cook for him alone at this point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Fournette is likely done for this year

You know something the rest of us don’t?

2 hours ago, Bob69024 said:

As a Fournette owner, I actually just traded FOR Yeldon in a 3-for-1 deal giving away Michael Thomas (the "1" part). Possibly facing 1-4 if Thomas sucks tonight (trade processes Wednesday) and I cannot get any production out of my RB2 slot with Fournette out. While I'm not high on Yeldon at all, I must admit he has looked pretty decent and is good in the passing game. 

Conversely, in my other two leagues with good RB depth and better records, I'll be keeping him in the IR spot as long as he has a shot of playing down the line.

Basically, I think if your team is living and dying by Fournette you can probably still get Yeldon for relatively cheap right now and at least have a playable RB for the next few weeks. If Fournette somehow ends up on IR, Yeldon is a possible RB1 ROS on volume and schedule. If you have a strong team and got lucky with late round/WW RBs might as well keep him.