fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

8 minutes ago, poofinger said:

25 carries?

I’d be happy to get 15 from him! Seriously, I hope he doesn’t play until week 10. I don’t believe they’ll take him to London. That field isn’t known to be the best for football anyway so why risk it?  He should get a full week of practice after the bye & I’m starting him right away if that’s the case

Just please rule him out through the bye. Hell, even this week. As others have said, it’s incredibly annoying to keep shuffling him on and off my IR slot and I’m missing out on waiver adds for this nonsense

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

So let’s assume a big if here...let’s suppose he is healthy enough to play after the bye. He has not played a game in so long it will take a few weeks for him to get in game shape so maybe week 12 he might be startable. The jags will be out of the playoffs by then so no reason to play him and risk another injury

That assumes he's not able to practice until Week 10.  The Jags being hopeful he had a chance to suit up for this game tells me he'll be able to practice before Week 10, which would give him a couple weeks to ramp up to game speed.

It’s all coming together for a week 10 return! Hasn’t practiced at all yet & already declared out. Maybe get limited practices next week but still out. 1 last week of rest before fully practicing all week & back week 10. Almost there ?

Carlos Hyde being traded here, does that indicate Fournette will be out longer or even shut down for the year?

Jags just acquired Carlos Hyde.  That can't be good for Fournette owners.

5 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Carlos Hyde being traded here, does that indicate Fournette will be out longer or even shut down for the year?

Yep... 

Jaguars really want to make the playoffs and achieve something in this season.

That's why, imho, they picked up Hyde for the next couple of weeks because they are simply not confident enough in rolling out Yeldon every week solely. 

Honestly, this is nevertheless no good news for Fournette, even if I think he will be available somewhere around Week 10 or 11. 

The carries and targets aren't as secure anymore as they have been.. 

• Like 1

I think some of you are overreacting. The Jags are seriously in trouble without Fournette and need to stay in contention. They only had to give up a 5th rounder for Hyde who is a serious upgrade over Yeldon. When Fournette comes back (I am assuming his timeline is still week 10 until something is announced) the Jags are so run-heavy that both Fournette and Hyde can be fantasy relevant, also keeping Fournette healthy due to a lighter workload.

Edited by RafiBomb
  • Like 1

Please IR Fournette so I can dump him and not have to waste a roster spot...this hamstring injury could linger for years

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Now even if he's back we got an RBBC with him, Hyde, Yeldon.

I may never draft another running back in fantasy football again after this year

Might be hard to win with zero rbs.

fml what a ******** nightmare

costed owners 2 games by playing a quarter each

wasted roster spot for 10 weeks

comes back splitting carries with another workhorse back

• Like 3

Just now, willwc said:

:rolleyes:

Edited by JSA2422

My standard teams looked great with gordon,hyde, michel, and the ability to move yeldon in and wait for fournette to get back.  I nownown 3 parts of the jags backfield... its like this took 2 players from me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Travdaddy10 said:

Might be hard to win with zero rbs.

Howard/Miller owner checking in to confirm

3 minutes ago, willwc said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

I think some of you are overreacting. The Jags are seriously in trouble without Fournette and need to stay in contention. They only had to give up a 5th rounder for Hyde who is a serious upgrade over Yeldon. When Fournette comes back (I am assuming his timeline is still week 10 until something is announced) the Jags are so run-heavy that both Fournette and Hyde can be fantasy relevant, also keeping Fournette healthy due to a lighter workload.

Definitely no indication that Hyde is an upgrade over Yeldon. Yeldon is much more desirable in today's NFL, but they probably want to get Yeldon back down to 10-12 touches a game. He's hurt and they don't have anyone else left.

I'm wondering if this is the end for Fournette's Jacksonville career. Sounds like they've run out of patience and time with the guy if they're trading for someone when Yeldon seems capable enough. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Definitely no indication that Hyde is an upgrade over Yeldon. Yeldon is much more desirable in today's NFL, but they probably want to get Yeldon back down to 10-12 touches a game. He's hurt and they don't have anyone else left.

I'm wondering if this is the end for Fournette's Jacksonville career. Sounds like they've run out of patience and time with the guy if they're trading for someone when Yeldon seems capable enough. 

Trading Fournette away would definitely get that specific locker room's attention...the players there love Fournette. Would be shocking to say the least if that happened.