fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

47 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Fournette ain’t gonna be back in this game boys. Our seasons are over. 

He is in on every play--but why give your best player any touches?

Traded for this guy just for him to put up a huge stinker first week of playoffs. 

Edited by Zuko

This is a tough one but for me playoffs is next week. Y’all remember we need to have a short memory 😕

• Thanks 1

Ah the ol' super talented running back on a team with a doodoo offense and bad oline situation.

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Ah the ol' super talented running back on a team with a doodoo offense and bad oline situation.

Yes, but I can't say he looks explosive. He might have regained that weight he lost in the offseason during his recovery from his hammy.

• Haha 1

He would have looked better if not for all of the BS phantom holding calls. That killed a few of his runs and drives. The fact that his offensive line is garbage didn’t help. 

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m starting him next week against Washington. That’s the same team that Tevin Coleman ran all over. 

14 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He would have looked better if not for all of the BS phantom holding calls. That killed a few of his runs and drives. The fact that his offensive line is garbage didn’t help. 

Yeah that was when the running game got going. The holding calls killed the drive, Teneesee scored I believe and the Jaguars abandoned the run.

It was interesting they kept Fournette in all game and did not replace him with Yeldon but they inexplicably didn't use him, outside of one drive. Why not true a screen to him or something versus feeding it to scrub receivers?

The problem is this week may mean there is no (meaningful) next week for a lot of Fournette owners. 

4 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Yeah that was when the running game got going. The holding calls killed the drive, Teneesee scored I believe and the Jaguars abandoned the run.

It was interesting they kept Fournette in all game and did not replace him with Yeldon but they inexplicably didn't use him, outside of one drive. Why not true a screen to him or something versus feeding it to scrub receivers?

The problem is this week may mean there is no (meaningful) next week for a lot of Fournette owners. 

hey you never know ..a lot could happen on Sunday ..I needed Gurley to score 14 points in the most prime match up of his career to secure a bye and look what happened .....#everythinghappensforareason #wellbefine #trustthegods #weredone 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

hey you never know ..a lot could happen on Sunday ..I needed Gurley to score 14 points in the most prime match up of his career to secure a bye and look what happened .....#everythinghappensforareason #wellbefine #trustthegods #weredone 

Sure. I'm still the favorite in both my leagues with Fournette but the margin for error, whether bust games or injuries, just got vastly smaller.

I suppose it's good we have this data early. You can adjust based on your situation. If you are now an underdog go for more upside versus floor. If you're still even money or ahead then proceed as is. 

8 minutes ago, Ryedog87 said:

This is Ryedog

Was kidding. I wonder how many unfortunate Fournette, Sanders owners are out there? (Imagine having Sanders, M. Gordon and Conner too!)

Just now, Ace_King said:

Was kidding. I wonder how many unfortunate Fournette, Sanders owners are out there? (Imagine having Sanders, M. Gordon and Conner too!)

The top two teams have gordon and connor. Should be interesting 

Gonna be hard to overcome this disaster of a start.  3 of 13 games were good in 2018 what a horrible pick he's been in retrospect.

• Like 2

Derrick Henry sucked out all of Fournettes abilities and absorbed it himself. Much like he does every time they play. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, metalmat said:

I'm putting my money where my mouth is, I have Fournette in showdown lineups on DFS tonight. If he stinks then I am going down with the crew.

giphy.gif

What a ******** disaster of a team.

• Haha 1

Jags should have drafted Mahomes over this guy. This team is a bag of s---.

26 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Jags should have drafted Mahomes over this guy. This team is a bag of s---.

Jags RB history under Dave Caldwell - spend on Toby Gerhart, draft T.J. Yeldon, spend more on Chris Ivory, draft Leonard Fournette - is fun.

• Like 1

we hang onto this ******** s--- head all year and this is how he delivers in the playoffs. will never draft him earlier than the 50th round in the future.

• Haha 3

If we had drafted this guy in the 16th round, he still would have been a bust due to clogging a roster spot and putting up blanks in a couple games that you started him. 

Edited by ff062018

I start the season 0-3 with LF, mostly due to him leaving games injured. Scrape my way to the playoffs despite his lengthy absence. And am rewarded with that in the first round of playoffs. On my never-draft again list due to the injury risk and how bad an offense the Jags are in the foreseeable future. Doesn't appear to be a special enough talent to make things happen on a bad team and is just a two-down player.