fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

My playoffs start week 13 (2 week semis ending, with championship weeks 15 and 16). Fournette contributed 0 and 6.1 in this fantasy playoff scenario for the semifinals. Never ever ever ever ever again. Owned him last year and fortunately traded him this year.

Interesting stat. I could be off by a game or two here but I think the Jags are 5-5 without Fournette and 9-10 with him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

3rd rounder next year?  

Yeah I think that is about right maybe even late 2nd like Freeman this year (who was coming off an injury-marred season), just not enough bell cows to go around. I think like 15 RBs had a ADP in the top 30 although now that I think about it Fournette may not be a lock to be in top 15 (at least for me). Gurley, Barkely, CMC, Kamara, Gordon, Elliot, Conner, Chubb, DJ, A. Jones, Mixon, Bell (?) I think are clearly ahead then Fournette is somewhere in the group of Michel, Lindsay, Cook, Freeman, KJ, Cohen.

23 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Yeah I think that is about right maybe even late 2nd like Freeman this year (who was coming off an injury-marred season), just not enough bell cows to go around. I think like 15 RBs had a ADP in the top 30 although now that I think about it Fournette may not be a lock to be in top 15 (at least for me). Gurley, Barkely, CMC, Kamara, Gordon, Elliot, Conner, Chubb, DJ, A. Jones, Mixon, Bell (?) I think are clearly ahead then Fournette is somewhere in the group of Michel, Lindsay, Cook, Freeman, KJ, Cohen.

Agreed. Lindsey and Cook are definitely ahead of Fournette for me, possibly Cohen. So yeah, he's around RB15 next year in my view.

8 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

They should just go back to Bortles... For as turnover prone as Bortles is, at least he could challenge the defense down the field, opening things up front for Fournette...

Why? Their season is done, they are clearly done with Bortles and Doug Marrone is in no danger of losing the HC job. Just continue with Kessler and bring in a QB this off-season.

Except he is not a bell cow back when he is either hurt or getting suspended. Why waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a guy who is not elite on a terrible offense ( source thursday night game ) and you know he is guaranteed to miss games???

This guy is a 4th-5th rounder with his risk

Edited by Dr. Whom

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Except he is not a bell cow back when he is either hurt or getting suspended. Why waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a guy who is not elite on a terrible offense ( source thursday night game ) and you know he is guaranteed to miss games???

This guy is a 4th-5th rounder with his risk

I think it is disingenuous to say this when the guy put together 3 20+ games in the 3 previous games he played and what he did last year (albeit Bortles was playing at a higher level but he saw significant stacked boxes and while his ypc was bad he produced). The injuries are a legitimate concern though since he has only completed 3 games this season (although he had a very good game prior to getting thrown out) and personally I probably wouldn't even consider him until the late 4th but I doubt he lasts that long. I don't think the Jags offense can get any worse and they are almost certainly bringing in a new QB so I think even if they don't upgrade that much simply the change will create positive optimism. Additionally, the "positive" about his injuries this year were that it wasn't his ankle (which many were saying was a chronic issue) or an ACL/structural damage that could affect him long term but a hammy that should be 100% by next season. 

I think the handcuff situation will also significantly affect his value since Yeldon is an expiring contract and Hyde has an out this offseason. With Yeldon performing as a borderline RB1 filling in for Fournette if there was a clear handcuff (instead of what turned into a split role) then it would make it much easier for people to take the risk on Fournette in the early rounds. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, metalmat said:

Why? Their season is done, they are clearly done with Bortles and Doug Marrone is in no danger of losing the HC job. Just continue with Kessler and bring in a QB this off-season.

Fournette’s production would be better off with Bortles. Kessler is holding him back. But it’s a moot point, they’re releasing Bortles I guess. The good news is that they’re playing against Mark Sanchez who will struggle to move the ball as well so Fournette should get plenty of opportunities, even if it is against a stacked box.

29 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Ugh

Hard times expected for Butler's usage after Embiid's interview

Wrong thread. Wrong sport... :blink:

• Haha 2

Now a story comes out on ESPN about Fournette getting into a shouting match with fans in TEN. Granted, they were allegedly shouting racial slurs which are indefensible, but the drama never ends with this guy. I can’t wait to be done with him after this year

• Like 3

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

Now a story comes out on ESPN about Fournette getting into a shouting match with fans in TEN. Granted, they were allegedly shouting racial slurs which are indefensible, but the drama never ends with this guy. I can’t wait to be done with him after this year

Racial slurs in a stadium full of people and no other fans or teammates are upset, just Leo? Riiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhttttttt.

He's a bum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

“Facts, you’re too old for that. You’re too old for that. Chill out. I’m not worried about you. You want to come down here?? I’ll whoop your a**.” -LF

It seems like some drunk guy wanted to get under his skin and did. Leonard is never one to back down from a confrontation. He clearly should have ignored the person, but it isn't in his nature. Maybe the Jags can get him some anger management? But yeah, racial slurs is what apparently got Hunt hot and got him in trouble. Fournette needs to just calm down.

Survived with his dud on Thursday. The Redskins are on fumes at this point so hoping for big game. Jags are just as pathetic and firing Hackett was terrible. He was a good OC.

Edited by jsch08

49 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Survived with his dud on Thursday. The Redskins are on fumes at this point so hoping for big game. Jags are just as pathetic and firing Hackett was terrible. He was a good OC.

You're rolling Fournette back out there????

10 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

You're rolling Fournette back out there????

Hell yeah

the matchup is solid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

It is but he might decide he doesn't feel like playing after 3rd play or fight a ref.

True but Most don’t have guys with his upside just sitting around to swap in.  If there was ever a time to start your studs, it’s now in the playoffs.  

• Like 3

You must have an amazing lineup to not consider Fournette. In terms of guaranteed weekly touches, he is at least top 5 in the NFL. He is among the best goalline bets in the league since he seemingly never gets vultured and his conversion rate is almost perfect. Last week was the first time I've seen him fail, but the distance was almost 2 yards. Leo will make up for it if you survived his week 14 dud!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, frog34 said:

You must have an amazing lineup to not consider Fournette. In terms of guaranteed weekly touches, he is at least top 5 in the NFL. He is among the best goalline bets in the league since he seemingly never gets vultured and his conversion rate is almost perfect. Last week was the first time I've seen him fail, but the distance was almost 2 yards. Leo will make up for it if you survived his week 14 dud!

You are right but that was frustrating. Leo doesn’t have the same athleticism of the elite dudes but he should be automatic at the goal one with his size and ability. So frustrating last week.

14 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

You are right but that was frustrating. Leo doesn’t have the same athleticism of the elite dudes but he should be automatic at the goal one with his size and ability. So frustrating last week.

Clearly frustrating game for the Jags as a whole. But what are you talking about athleticism? Of course Leo isn't the fastest or shiftiest RB in the league, but to do what he does at his size and power is elite athleticism. He is a beast.

6 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

It literally happens to the best of them (see Gurley, Todd). The 3 games prior Fournette played he rattled off 3 20+ games in a row, I don't think most people can afford to sit him. 

35 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Clearly frustrating game for the Jags as a whole. But what are you talking about athleticism? Of course Leo isn't the fastest or shiftiest RB in the league, but to do what he does at his size and power is elite athleticism. He is a beast.

Dont think he has the same acceleration of a Barkley (in a league of his own)/Zeke/Gurley/Bell and the guys like Kamara and CMC though he is obviously much bigger. His top speed is up there with those guys. Should be just as good at the goal line as those four elite guys. Should be almost an automatic touchdown when given 3 chances.

Edited by jsch08

He's about a 13 point per game player in standard. The biggest difference from last year to now is with Jax struggling he could have game script issues. Let's hope Redskins suck and  then Fournette should be fine and get over 20 carries. 

This guy cost me in one league and luckily I have a bye in the other.  I have no choice but to start him again.  If this guy can't run on the Redskins sad excuse of a team (I'm a Skins fan, injuries just decimated us) then it's over for me again.  I am definitely not drafting him ever again, one word is to describe him....soft.  

Edited by KuNiT21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As fed up with him as I am, it’s the playoffs  & it’s all about the money now. WAS can’t stay on the field offensively, so Fournette should see about 25 touches good for 90+ & a TD (if he can stay on the field)