fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

Redskins and Sanchez are a dream matchup. The jags look like they are laying down but its mark freaking sanchez. I see good field position all game long.

Just now, fantasymad said:

Redskins and Sanchez are a dream matchup. The jags look like they are laying down but its mark freaking sanchez. I see good field position all game long.

Josh Johnson, but the point remains.

2 hours ago, KuNiT21 said:

This guy cost me in one league and luckily I have a bye in the other.  I have no choice but to start him again.  If this guy can't run on the Redskins sad excuse of a team (I'm a Skins fan, injuries just decimated us) then it's over for me again.  I am definitely not drafting him ever again, one word is to describe him....soft.  

Mentally and physically soft.  Should be plenty of better options around his draft spot next year, regardless of where that will be.  DND.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Mentally and physically soft.  Should be plenty of better options around his draft spot next year, regardless of where that will be.  DND.

I've been saying this all year...this clown will be out of football soon

• Like 2

On 12/8/2018 at 9:24 AM, Dr. Whom said:

Except he is not a bell cow back when he is either hurt or getting suspended. Why waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a guy who is not elite on a terrible offense ( source thursday night game ) and you know he is guaranteed to miss games???

This guy is a 4th-5th rounder with his risk

It's amazing the overreaction that every game gets in the NFL lol.  Do you not remember him coming back and having 20+ fantasy points in 3 straight games before the Titans game?  The Jags don't play well against the Titans, never have.

Whoever the Jags Quarterback is in 2019 it will be an upgrade ro the offense.

Fournette had a hamstring injury.  These things happen (ex. Dalvin Cook).  It's not like Fournette has a history of soft tissue injuries.

I seriously can't wait for him to be extremely undervalued in next year's drafts.

• Like 1

Just now, RMJ_12 said:

It's amazing the overreaction that every game gets in the NFL lol.  Do you not remember him coming back and having 20+ fantasy points in 3 straight games before the Titans game?  The Jags don't play well against the Titans, never have.

Whoever the Jags Quarterback is in 2019 it will be an upgrade ro the offense.

Fournette had a hamstring injury.  These things happen (ex. Dalvin Cook).  It's not like Fournette has a history of soft tissue injuries.

I seriously can't wait for him to be extremely undervalued in next year's drafts.

Fournette was out 10 weeks for a hamstring injury...that is the very definition of soft and weak. Every Geriatric can heal their hamstrings faster than this clown

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Fournette was out 10 weeks for a hamstring injury...that is the very definition of soft and weak. Every Geriatric can heal their hamstrings faster than this clown

For a Dr. you're not very informed on how hamstring injuries work.  He was also out for 9 weeks because he tried to come back after 3 weeks and reaggrevated the injury.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

For a Dr. you're not very informed on how hamstring injuries work.  He was also out for 9 weeks because he tried to come back after 3 weeks and reaggrevated the injury.

I don’t think that helps your argument here.

I do think his injury history is totally overblown though. He’s had a bad hammy and a sprained ankle. Those are the only injuries he has ever had in his life. There are guys with multiple season ending injuries, multiple surgeries, multiple everything that don’t have Fournette’s reputation.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

I don’t think that helps your argument here.

I do think his injury history is totally overblown though. He’s had a bad hammy and a sprained ankle. Those are the only injuries he has ever had in his life. There are guys with multiple season ending injuries, multiple surgeries, multiple everything that don’t have Fournette’s reputation.

He’s had multiple ankle and foot issues since college.   I don’t think it’s overblown concern at all.

• Like 1

One year it will all come together and he will lead the NFL with 600 touches then breakdown the following years :lol:

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, K197040 said:

He’s had multiple ankle and foot issues since college.   I don’t think it’s overblown concern at all.

It is to me. Foot and ankle injuries that don’t involve surgery are relatively minor in the grand scheme of injuries. Fournette had no incentive to even play in college given he was NFL ready the day he stepped on campus so it wasn’t unreasonable to expect him to miss time with every nick and bruise. A sprained hamstring is not a big deal long term.

I’d much rather a player deal with a high ankle sprain or hammy than torn knee ligaments. Guys like Gordon and Bell get major surgery inducing injuries nearly every year, Gurley has torn an ACL, Chubb mangled his knee, AP had countless injuries, Jamaal Charles blew out his knee multiple times, David Johnson has had knee issues and wrist surgery, McCoy has had infinite injuries. It’s only a matter of time before the new young RBs (Kamara, CMC, Zeke, Barkley) get hurt too. It’s football. At the RB position guys will get injured a lot over their career. You can only really hope that the injuries are minor, which Fournette’s have been.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zak0221 said:
4 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

It is to me. Foot and ankle injuries that don’t involve surgery are relatively minor in the grand scheme of injuries. Fournette had no incentive to even play in college given he was NFL ready the day he stepped on campus so it wasn’t unreasonable to expect him to miss time with every nick and bruise. A sprained hamstring is not a big deal long term.

I’d much rather a player deal with a high ankle sprain or hammy than torn knee ligaments. Guys like Gordon and Bell get major surgery inducing injuries nearly every year, Gurley has torn an ACL, Chubb mangled his knee, AP had countless injuries, Jamaal Charles blew out his knee multiple times, David Johnson has had knee issues and wrist surgery, McCoy has had infinite injuries. It’s only a matter of time before the new young RBs (Kamara, CMC, Zeke, Barkley) get hurt too. It’s football. At the RB position guys will get injured a lot over their career. You can only really hope that the injuries are minor, which Fournette’s have been.

One year it will all come together and he will lead the NFL with 600 touches then breakdown the following years :lol:

Agree with both of you. His injuries are minor in the grand scheme of things. Ankle sprain and hammy don't cause long lasting effects. Any sort of ligament damage, broken bones or concussion/back/neck issues would be much more concerning. At some point during his career, this big powerful fella is bound to lead the NFL in touches/rushing. Just have to guess the right season, so keep drafting him until it happens! :ph34r:

Edited by frog34
  • Like 1

Or he’s just prone to soft-tissue injuries?

13 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Or he’s just prone to soft-tissue injuries?

He’s had one self-inflicted soft tissue injury in his entire life, a sprained hamstring. If that’s the standard for “prone” then I guess Saquon is prone, too, given that he had the same injury in the offseason/preseason. Better not draft him.

Edited by MJJ28

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

He’s had one soft tissue injury in his entire life, a sprained hamstring.

His main injuries have been multiple ankle sprains, a quad bruise, and a lingering hamstring.  All of which are of the soft-tissue variety.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

His main injuries have been multiple ankle sprains, a quad bruise, and a lingering hamstring.  All of which are of the soft-tissue variety.

Those are all pretty minor injuries. Certainly far less wear and tear on the body than a significant portion of NFL RBs. If that’s all he’s prone too than that should be considered a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Those are all pretty minor injuries. Certainly far less wear and tear on the body than a significant portion of NFL RBs. If that’s all he’s prone too than that should be considered a good thing. 

Perhaps - I was just pointing out he’s prone to soft-tissue injuries.

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Perhaps - I was just pointing out he’s prone to soft-tissue injuries.

I mean it’s not like there are many other types of injuries to choose from. Soft tissue, broken bones, and concussions covers nearly every type of injury, and it’s not like any of them are “better” than the others.

I think every player is prone to soft tissue injuries considering injuries are inherent to football. 

Edited by MJJ28

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

I mean it’s not like there are many other types of injuries to choose from. Soft tissue, broken bones, and concussions covers nearly every type of injury.

Yep.  But it’s not really a matter of variety of injury, with every player.  Sometimes you need to consider a olaysr’s propensity towards a certain type of injury.

Edited by BMcP

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Yep.  But it’s not really a matter of variety of injury, with every player.  Sometimes you need to consider a olaysr’s propensity towards a certain type of injury.

I don’t think you do really. I think you just kind of have to assume that every player will get hurt since they are playing football, and this is just Fournette’s time.

I consider every player prone to all types of injuries since that’s what happens when you play football.

Edited by MJJ28

Just now, MJJ28 said:

I don’t think you do really. I think you just kind of have to assume that every player will get hurt since they are playing football, and this is just Fournette’s time. 

I guess we can agree to disagree here.

9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I guess we can agree to disagree here.

Not really. I agree that Fournette is prone to soft tissue injuries. I also think that every other player in the league is prone to soft tissue injuries since they are all playing football. 

There are plenty of top RBs who have a far worse injury history than Fournette that don’t hold the “injury prone” tag. There are also a few top young RBs who have managed to go unscathed to this point. Nobody makes it through a football career without anything though. It’s only a matter of time before these previously unhurt guys go down with something. You just have to hope that it won’t be that serious. Thankfully for Fournette nothing he has sustained has been all that serious.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

Who cares the severity of the injury, the point is the guy misses tons of time. You throw out names like Gordon and Gurley for having more serious injuries, well the difference is those guys have the time played to show that they can actually stay on the field. Fournette has not shown this.

Hes had 30 regular season games as a pro. He’s suited up for 19 of them, left at least two early with injury (not sure if more). That’s a mere 17/30 games he was out there all game no injury concerns. Those numbers are not promising. Guy had to prove he can consistently stay on the field to shake the injury moniker. Like what Keenan Allen has now done.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Who cares the severity of the injury, the point is the guy misses tons of time. You throw out names like Gordon and Gurley for having more serious injuries, well the difference is those guys have the time played to show that they can actually stay on the field. Fournette has not shown this.

Hes had 30 regular season games as a pro. He’s suited up for 19 of them, left at least two early with injury (not sure if more). That’s a mere 17/30 games he was out there all game no injury concerns. Those numbers are not promising. Guy had to prove he can consistently stay on the field to shake the injury moniker. Like what Keenan Allen has now done.

Past injuries are important when projecting future performance because of the wear and tear on the body that each injury creates. When a guy like Melvin Gordon sustains microfracture knee surgery, that is not a good sign for the future health of his knee. Surgery in general is pretty horrible for the body and has long lasting effects.

Fournette has been hurt in the past, I get that, but he currently appears to be perfectly healthy and the overall damage sustained to his body is pretty minor. He is not carrying a heavy past injury load compared to guys like Chubb, Bell, Shady, Gordon, David Johnson, and many many more. 

Moving forward there isn’t really much reason to believe he is at higher risk of injury than any other player. He is very likely to get hurt again though considering he plays football.

Edited by MJJ28