DLG10

Jordy Nelson 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, unk3 said:

Jordy against a weak 49ers secondary and playing opposite side of against richard sherman. Carr throwing well last week.

Could this be a big/good week for Jordy?  Thinking of starting him over Marvin Jones :rolleyes:

I would.

Looked as though Carr was check down captain... I know that he looked at Seth Roberts on that one long blown coverage, but Carr is playing scared his eyes don’t move past the line of scrimmage in order to get the ball down the field... 95% of his passes were check downs within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage... jordy was rage dropped for Sutton this morning

If C.J. Beathard sits, I would think raiders to dominate possession time.  I feel like TNF this year has been pretty friendly to the players on the winning team. 

Im rolling with Jordy!

40 minutes ago, unk3 said:

If C.J. Beathard sits, I would think raiders to dominate possession time.  I feel like TNF this year has been pretty friendly to the players on the winning team. 

Im rolling with Jordy!

I’d rather have Beathard play, more likely to be a shootout if CJ plays.

6 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Carr looked good last game but was not looking Jordy's way after a few targets in the first quarter, I don't think I can play him in the Thursday night matchup.

This is what I'm worried about.

I think Jordy should be rostered everywhere, but I would hold off on starting him until he has that game where he proves that he is the guy in OAK now that Cooper has left. It doesn't have to be a monumental performance, but four targets, 1 reception for 14 yards isn't going to cut it ever lol.

If he blows up this week, it will likely be from my bench, but at least I can trust him going forward

Edited by nonstopfan

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

agreed.. we need to him to play and produce for the niners so carr and come out guns blazin

On 10/31/2018 at 4:25 PM, daethfromabove1979 said:

People actually anticipate a shootout between the 49ers and Raiders? I understand both defenses suck, but both offense suck, too. 

I'm debating between Jordy and Duke Johnson (0.5 PPR).  Something tells me that now with Amari gone, Jordy will get some bombs thrown his way against the niners.  Let us see.

I'm not confident or particularly excited but I'mm rolling him out there. Bye week kills (thanks Golden Tate)

he has 35 yards rec combined last three games playing nearly 90% of snaps

farewell Jordy

Anyone taking another look at him? Apparently he's back to full health. Looking ahead to week 15 the Raiders are @CIN. Unfortunately he plays for the Raiders, but had a nice game against the Chiefs (who doesn't though). Beggars can't be choosers for those of us that just lost Emmanuel Sanders, but it's down to him or Zay Jones, Trequan Smith, Mike Williams types. Those guys may have more upside I guess. 

7 hours ago, KCTD25 said:

Anyone taking another look at him? Apparently he's back to full health. Looking ahead to week 15 the Raiders are @CIN. Unfortunately he plays for the Raiders, but had a nice game against the Chiefs (who doesn't though). Beggars can't be choosers for those of us that just lost Emmanuel Sanders, but it's down to him or Zay Jones, Trequan Smith, Mike Williams types. Those guys may have more upside I guess. 

Yes. He’s shown legit upside and the passing offense seems somewhat reliable. Decent playoff schedule too. Definriet worth a wr3/4 look. I’d prefer him over zay Jones. Josh Allen is way more all over the place than Oakland.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 10:29 AM, floppy said:

dare i say.. startable for a playoff team?

For Odell owners, like myself, doesn't seem like a bad replacement. He's healthy and great match up.

38 minutes ago, Petey Pop said:

For Odell owners, like myself, doesn't seem like a bad replacement. He's healthy and great match up.

toss up between him, stills and the broncos wr's for me.. dart throw