dashoe

Donte Moncrief 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

I saw that too but when I realized Bortles threw it 61 times it got became a lot less interesting especially since he didn't do much with those 15 targets even against a Chiefs D that hasn't been very good. Jags D should be able to keep them in most games where they aren't facing one of the hottest offense in the league so I doubt Bortles will be throwing this much very often. If he were on waivers he might be a speculative add since he did have a big game last week too (and took over the team lead for targets) but he is owned in all my leagues. Seems like Moncrief, Cole and Westbrook are going to switch off who is the top WR each week so makes it a hard situation to fall in love with. 

I think there will be a fair few leagues with him on waivers. He's only 13% owned on ESPN, for example. I got him as bye week cover and will be happy to have him sitting there to see if this uptick in targets is lasting. The trouble is, any way you look at it you have three adequate WRs of similar talent with a fairly s---y QB throwing to them. It's anybody's guess who will score the points in a given week, particularly as the RB will be getting his fair share of targets too. It will start to be interesting if one of them gets injured.

Anyone have some insight into Moncreif? he has been extremely boom or bust, four very solid games and three total duds. He’s getting plenty of targets, think he could be a good play this week? 

8 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Anyone have some insight into Moncreif? he has been extremely boom or bust, four very solid games and three total duds. He’s getting plenty of targets, think he could be a good play this week? 

I am going to FLEX him and hope for the best.

Predicting that WR corps for JAX is almost impossible but he leads the team in targets and air yards.  Philly corners giving up 4th most fantasy PPG so it's a favorable match-up.

The other wild card is Bortles but he seems to love playing in London so we'll see lol.

38 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

I am going to FLEX him and hope for the best.

Predicting that WR corps for JAX is almost impossible but he leads the team in targets and air yards.  Philly corners giving up 4th most fantasy PPG so it's a favorable match-up.

The other wild card is Bortles but he seems to love playing in London so we'll see lol.

I could see Bortles redeeming himself this week in London.

Just got him back as a throw-in in a trade. Anyone got any feedback on how he/his situation looked last week?

3 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Just got him back as a throw-in in a trade. Anyone got any feedback on how he/his situation looked last week?

He involved enough in the offense and he gets plenty of targets to make him a solid hold for bye week replacement or injury replacement purposes. The 4 games he has after the bye week are interesting soft match ups. More specially the 2 games against Indy and the game against the Steelers. For a possession receiver like Moncrief that seems to be right up his alley. 

He is still the talented Wide Out we all remember back in Indy it's just that his QB situation is one of the worst in the league. Maybe they can come off the bye week with a new wrinkle or two. 

• Like 1

Does Moncrief have upside this week? He seems to have the most secure role on the team as of late.

Does Fournette's return help or hurt?

59 minutes ago, the Ghost of Joe Webb said:

Anyone adding this guy as a late season difference maker? Looking at his box scores makes me feel like he's being overlooked by the community as a flier.

I put in a waiver claim on him.  He's not a bad flex option depending on matchup.

Moncrief is the girl in your class who's not so attractive, but super friendly and always there when you need her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Balthazar said:

Moncrief is the girl in your class who's not so attractive, but super friendly and always there when you need her.

Hahahahaha 

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, the Ghost of Joe Webb said:

Anyone adding this guy as a late season difference maker? Looking at his box scores makes me feel like he's being overlooked by the community as a flier.

I'm taking a chance - trading my WR depth for Dalvin Cook means I'm left with Moncrief as my WR2. I don't think you can rely on him at all, but in 0.5PPR he's been in double digits more often than not. The nots are pretty painful though , it's all or nothing.

One attraction for me is the schedule. It looks pretty decent after this week. I know the Redskins and Titans have been good defenses but I have a feeling those are games where he'll pick up one or two of those big deep throws.