Packdog

Jerick McKinnon 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

If you believed the calf injury was more serious than the 49ers let on, then this isn't an unsurprising outcome.

That and the fact he's never had to carry a real workload or be a feature back, so at his size and usage, odds were he'd be injured... just not before he actually played a game as a Niner.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, oban14 said:

Who cares when you draft? Guys get hurt all year. This could have happened week 1.

Imagine Guice and McKinnon were your RB1 and RB2. 

If you’re in eleventeen leagues then those are the breaks.

If you’re in 1-2 leagues it’s like Santa skipped your house and s--- down your chimney while doing it.

• Haha 1

[There's obviously nothing to talk about here fantasy-wise for 2018, which means the incentive for us to keep this thread unlocked is very low, especially on a saturday night when there are a lot more enjoyable things to do than monitor this thread.  If anyone has some eulogies / parting thoughts before this thread sinks into irrelevance, they're going to need to be focused on McKinnon, and not of the gloating / bickering / venting variety.  Otherwise, the thread will be locked.]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The thing is if you draft at the beginning of training camp half of the guys you drafted might be injured by the time week 1 rolls around!

And that risk is equally shared among all owners. Non-issue.

• Like 2

tough break for any owners who drafted Jerick McKinnon ... I was one

I don't believe this had anything to do with that calf injury ...

Julian Edelmon last year ... football is a game of next man up

Tough break for him. I was generally negative on his outlook this year(based on ADP) and avoided him but I still would've liked to see how he did in that offense. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

From what I have read and understand, Morris was in Shanahan's mind before the injuries. No telling whether or not he would have signed him prior to McKinnon getting injured.

McKinnon's calf injury occurred a month before the start of the season.  If Shanahan really wanted Morris on the roster, he would've already been signed by then.  Even if Morris already knows the offense, it's still important to get plenty of reps with new teammates.

13 hours ago, The Invictus said:

That and the fact he's never had to carry a real workload or be a feature back, so at his size and usage, odds were he'd be injured... just not before he actually played a game as a Niner.

1eh. Hes gained mass the past 2 years. When he got passed in favor of asanti, he was 205. Hes now 216 LBs coming off back to back 150 carry seasons w/o major injury