Sign in to follow this  
Homerj24

Jake Butt 2018 Season Outlook

Been sitting on my IR since September. I think he’s worth the stash if you have the space, the Broncos have all but come out and said he will be handed a starting job in 2018. 

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/07/09/denver-broncos-jake-butt/

Everyone seems to agree – Jake Butt will be worth wait.

“Jake is working hard, of course he’s hungry because he had to sit out with his injury. But whether or not it’s the tight end position or outside the numbers in the wide receiver’s spot, he’s got the body control to get open. He’s going to be a terrific asset for us.” Broncos offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave said.

“Jake is a competitor. He wants the ball no matter what and I like that. He wants the ball. I love that. He’s hungry right now for knowledge, for how to run routes, for leverage. I’m excited for him to keep going,” quarterback Case Keenum said of the tight end.

“I’m very excited. He works so hard and he’s obviously a playmaker. You watch the guy make plays catching the football. He’s a playmaker, so he’s going to be a great addition to our offense,” Vance Joseph said.

hope he hasn't fallen behind too much, shame that injury had to rear it's ugly head.   these reports seem to suggest he's about to crack that starting lineup,  let's hope Musgrave doesn't treat him like a bum (see Oakland years).

I think most agree that he's Denver's most talented TE, and other than their two vets, the target share is wide open.    One can do worse as a deep league TE stash, for sure.     if he's playing in preseason and gets to line up with the starters in that typical game 3 dress rehearsal, i'm putting him on my radar in my deep league.  

22 minutes ago, BrianM said:

i'm putting him on my radar in my deep league.  

Agreed. I will keep my eyes on Butt all summer long.

Yeah, I'll be checking out plenty of Butt myself as well.