smeeze

Julio Jones 2018 Outlook

2nd in the league in receiving with 1,444 yards... but only 3 TDs??  Something's gotta give. Discuss.

That has to change next year, right?   However, I'm pretty sure Quinn was quoted as saying Julio would get more RZ looks in 2017 and that didnt happen, so, who knows. 

Outside of shredding TB,  he had a good, not great year overall.   Many high catch weeks, but he had 9 games with less than 90 yards.    He's still a WR1 for me, lots of top guys have down weeks, regularly, but he's going to slip a bit from the perennial top 3 status he's had in recent years.    

it's too early for  the annual Julio no TD talk, circle back  when training camp starts . . .:D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrianM said:

That has to change next year, right? 

That's what we've been saying every year...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrianM said:

That has to change next year, right?   However, I'm pretty sure Quinn was quoted as saying Julio would get more RZ looks in 2017 and that didnt happen, so, who knows. 

Outside of shredding TB,  he had a good, not great year overall.   Many high catch weeks, but he had 9 games with less than 90 yards.    He's still a WR1 for me, lots of top guys have down weeks, regularly, but he's going to slip a bit from the perennial top 3 status he's had in recent years.    

He's not an elite TD scorer and never has been. 7 seasons in the NFL, one double-digit TD season -- back in 2012 when he scored exactly 10. He is what he is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Was just about to post this LOL!! This is VERY interesting

History indicates Seattle traded for another major WR they have no idea how to use.

Maybe he’s beginning to see his six-year 81.5 million dollar contract as middle-of-the-road with teams spewing moolah left and right. Considering he has 3 more years, he may see his contract as essentially shrinking compared to his peers. A little social media tantrum could be a step towards restructuring... 

24 minutes ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

Image result for riiight gif

There may be nothing here, but 'a fresh start on social media'?  GTFO.   Stupidest excuse.  If you wanted to do that you'd just nuke the whole account.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 2:01 PM, joshua18 said:

He's not an elite TD scorer and never has been. 7 seasons in the NFL, one double-digit TD season -- back in 2012 when he scored exactly 10. He is what he is. 

I don't get it. He'll get 200 yards one week and disappear for the next 2 weeks. It never fails. Why? Is it the offense, is he lazy? 

Just like the Jordan Howard instagram bs lol Julio ain't goin nowhere

Julio is Andre Johnson all over again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, South Carolina said:

I don't get it. He'll get 200 yards one week and disappear for the next 2 weeks. It never fails. Why? Is it the offense, is he lazy? 

No one knows, but it's happened literally every year for a decade (despite 2 different HCs and 3 different OCs), so people shouldn't pretend as though it's an anomaly. It's who he is.

14 hours ago, South Carolina said:

It's the QB play 

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

It's the QB play 

Your probably right. With his talent he should be the best in the league. 

Fell for it last year. This year I will be throwing his name out early so someone else can drop a wad on him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, South Carolina said:

I don't have data to back it up, but I feel like this is because he is constantly banged up and monitoring his health. It's hard to know how real his routes are week to week.

1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

Your probably right. With his talent he should be the best in the league. 

Matt Ryan goes through his progressions and distributes the ball he won't force a throw in a tight window or heavy coverage. He's not that type of QB. Julio draws heavy defensive coverage which frees up other players and allows the run game to thrive.