smeeze

Julio Jones 2018 Outlook

Could he actually be undervalued this year?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sternes said:

I think so. Everyone I listen to seems to be a bit down on him because of the 3 TDs last season. The dude is still a beast and the Falcons will be in the 2nd year of learning the new offense. If he drops into the 2nd round it is a steal

Matty Ice in the 2nd year with a new OC has shown TD improvements in the past (2015: 21 TD,  2016: 38 TD). Julio TD Upside = :) 

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm not sure I can trust a guy that can't play kick ball.... :lol:

Saw that earlier.  Insta DND

Julio Jones informed the Falcons he will not attend mandatory minicamp.

The Falcons previously told reporters they thought Jones would attend, but he was a no-show as players filed in on Monday. "We have been in contact with Julio and his representation," the Falcons said in a statement. "We will not discuss those conversations publicly except to say we feel they have been productive and constructive. We understand the concerns and thoughts from their perspective. Although not ideal, Julio informed us today he would not be attending mini-camp." This officially makes Julio a holdout. Jones is currently the NFL's eighth-highest-paid wide receiver.

Jun 11 - 5:07 PM

If that kickball video wasn't enough to drop him down on my draft list, this news definitely does.  Let's see how long it lasts.  Right now I think I would feel comfortable taking Michael Thomas over him and maybe even Keenan Allen in PPR formats.

1 minute ago, CooL said:

If that kickball video wasn't enough to drop him down on my draft list, this news definitely does.  Let's see how long it lasts.  Right now I think I would feel comfortable taking Michael Thomas over him and maybe even Keenan Allen in PPR formats.

Thomas should have been going ahead of him anyway.

• Like 1

Sooooo..........holding out?  He's got two years left on his deal, and he's already one of the top paid WR's.   He got 47 mil guaranteed on a deal he signed 3 years ago, per Spotrac.  Antonio Brown's contract is confusing me a bit as he restructured it, but it looks like he's FAR worse off than Julio.  The only receivers right now happier than Julio should be Evans, Hopkins, and maybe Landry.   What's the ruckus?

33 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Sooooo..........holding out?  He's got two years left on his deal, and he's already one of the top paid WR's.   He got 47 mil guaranteed on a deal he signed 3 years ago, per Spotrac.  Antonio Brown's contract is confusing me a bit as he restructured it, but it looks like he's FAR worse off than Julio.  The only receivers right now happier than Julio should be Evans, Hopkins, and maybe Landry.   What's the ruckus?

There are at least 7 WRs making more than Julio this year, including Sammy Watkins and Jarvis Landry. Something about that has obviously triggered him. 

Sure the yardage was there last year. But as everyone says, the TDs were not. How many alpha WR1s are there in the league who only score 3 TDs?

He got a lot of guaranteed money. What’s this dude complaining about? Aaron Rodgers contract looks paltry compared to what everyone else got after him. But he’s classy, is going to play out his contract, and then get his when he’s due. 

I wouldn’t feel good about having him as my late round 1 pick. 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

There are at least 7 WRs making more than Julio this year, including Sammy Watkins and Jarvis Landry. Something about that has obviously triggered him. 

That's gotta be it.   Overall deal, his is one of the best, but in cash this year, well, naturally, new signing bonuses are going to eclipse what Julio makes.  

That's what happens when you sign a long term contract 3 years ago.   Its not the NBA where the top dogs opt out every other year.    

Posted (edited)

The flag was thrown on the play and julio still ran the defender down for 90yds to tackle him

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I remember a similar play last year when he jacked up Lattimore after a pick - only because it was an IDP league that also counted tackles on INTs so opponent got +1 on his Julio lol. 

• Haha 2

On 5/25/2018 at 8:08 PM, Sternes said:

He’ll be this years Gurley ... falls into late 1/2nd round and then goes on to win people leagues when people realize how stupid it was to pass on a talent like him 

2 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

I remember a similar play last year when he jacked up Lattimore after a pick - only because it was an IDP league that also counted tackles on INTs so opponent got +1 on his Julio lol. 

LOL

43 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He’ll be this years Gurley ... falls into late 1/2nd round and then goes on to win people leagues when people realize how stupid it was to pass on a talent like him 

gonna be hard to do when he only scores 6 TDs

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Over the last four years, the only WR to score more PPR fantasy points than Julio Jones is Antonio Brown--and he's scored almost 200 (197.1) more points than Julio in that time frame.

Julio has scored 144.4 more than the next-highest scorer (DeAndre Hopkins).

Edited by Axe Elf

9 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Thing that scares me about Julio is even with a 50.8 point game in ppr he still only averaged 15.7 per game with only 3 games over 20 points.  It very well could be just getting adjusted to the o coordinator.  But he is coming up on 30 years old and in his own words doesn't really workout in the offseason.  At a certain point(usually coming up on your 30s) you have to be a workout warrior to keep that edge you had.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, youngrice said:

Thing that scares me about Julio is even with a 50.8 point game in ppr he still only averaged 15.7 per game with only 3 games over 20 points.  It very well could be just getting adjusted to the o coordinator.  But he is coming up on 30 years old and in his own words doesn't really workout in the offseason.  At a certain point(usually coming up on your 30s) you have to be a workout warrior to keep that edge you had.

That's because he completely changed his diet eliminating sugar, fried and fatty foods.  He focuses on healing his body in the offseason with rest which he says he has been doing since his 2nd year as a pro. Hard to argue with the results so far.

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/30368/julio-jones-finds-clean-diet-is-key-to-staying-on-field

• Like 2

Im willing to chalk Julio's "bad" 2017 to poor luck. His redzone targets were up, but he only caught 26% of them. That is such an unsustainable rate. One year, this guy is gonna blow up and score 12 TDs. The offense is in its second year, and even as is, Julio is as talented a receiver as there is, playing alongside a top-notch QB, and he's had 1,400 yards in FOUR straight seasons. Touchdowns are a very volatile stat. People that are letting this dude sneak into the second round are making a huge mistake. He's going to be a league winner for anyone who can pair him with a great RB on the turn.

Of the four WRs who have scored at least 1000 PPR fantasy points over the last four years, Julio is #2 to Antonio Brown, ahead of #3 (DeAndre Hopkins) by more than 100 points.

But he's still like the 4th WR off the board, so it's not like he's being snubbed to the point of having excellent value or anything.  He's a top WR, being drafted like a top WR.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:36 AM, CooL said:

Sure the yardage was there last year. But as everyone says, the TDs were not. How many alpha WR1s are there in the league who only score 3 TDs?

He got a lot of guaranteed money. What’s this dude complaining about? Aaron Rodgers contract looks paltry compared to what everyone else got after him. But he’s classy, is going to play out his contract, and then get his when he’s due. 

I wouldn’t feel good about having him as my late round 1 pick. 

Andre Johnson did it his entire career.

20 minutes ago, devaster said:

Andre Johnson did it his entire career.

And so has Julio. 

First 7 seasons: 

Johnson = 42 receiving TDs

Julio = 43 receiving TDs

He is what he is.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 2:39 PM, JSA2422 said:

Have Julio in an IDP league. I'm counting on an uptick in TDs this coming season, but I'm also looking for 3-5 solo tackles.

RashLegalCorydorascatfish-size_restricte

Cannot wait for this dude to say "f*** all of y'all" and give us 20 TDs by week 6.

• Like 1