smeeze

Julio Jones 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, Saucy said:

Cannot wait for this dude to say "f*** all of y'all" and give us 20 TDs by week 6.

Been waiting on that for 7 years. 😕

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saucy said:

Cannot wait for this dude to say "f*** all of y'all" and give us 20 TDs by week 6.

Considering that's more than he's scored the past 3 seasons combined, you'd have a better chance of seeing Hue Jackson outcoach Bill Belichick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Considering that's more than he's scored the past 3 seasons combined, you'd have a better chance of seeing Hue Jackson outcoach Bill Belichick. 

My money's on Julio 

13 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Huelio?

Hoodio?

thanks, i'll se my way out ...

Posted (edited)

105/1500/1

Edited by RMJ_12
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

105/1500/1

That would be a monster game but I think Julio has it in him.

tenor.gif?itemid=6112011

• Haha 5

Shows that you can twist any stat into whatever you want it to be.

So he is inefficient because he can't convert in the red zone?  Or he is efficient based on the YPRR metric?

I'm avoiding because it really seems like something isn't right between him and the team.  I'd rather have Keenan Allen or Michael Thomas at the end of the first round.

I never trusted Julio on any of my teams... call it a gut feeling, just never liked him.

I'll pick up Ridley way cheaper. If Julio + Team are really feuding or there's bad blood, it could cut into his target total.

Inversely, they could give him an enormous amount of targets, to pump up his trade value at the end of the season.

Julio will finally post his Megatron-lite breakout this season ... because no one wants him.

He’s a top 4 WR who’s put up 1400 yards every year since 2013 

I love how everyone’s all over Michael Thomas’ jock this year - he’s nowhere near Julio (or Odell)

2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Julio will finally post his Megatron-lite breakout this season ... because no one wants him.

He’s a top 4 WR who’s put up 1400 yards every year since 2013 

I love how everyone’s all over Michael Thomas’ jock this year - he’s nowhere near Julio (or Odell)

I'm fully expecting him to score something like 5 TDs his first 3-4 games, followed by him doing what he usually does...8-9 games stretches during the season with no TDs.

He's got 3 years left.    Guessing nothing happens this year, but he's huffing and puffing to get something done next year.   As somewhat of a franchise player, I guess he's probably worth keeping happy, but we'll see.   

4 minutes ago, BrianM said:

He's got 3 years left.    Guessing nothing happens this year, but he's huffing and puffing to get something done next year.   As somewhat of a franchise player, I guess he's probably worth keeping happy, but we'll see.   

This isn't going to end well for his owners the longer it plays out...

Should be held accountable and honor the long-term deal that he signed. It's not the owners' fault that he and his agent made a bad business decision since the contract will expire by the time he's 30 with his injury history.

Can someone explain to me what his plan is?  His current contract pays him in the top 10.  He still has 3 years on the deal.  What leverage does he think he has? 

1 hour ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Should be held accountable and honor the long-term deal that he signed. It's not the owners' fault that he and his agent made a bad business decision since the contract will expire by the time he's 30 with his injury history.

I would agree if the contract were fully guaranteed.  Funny thing about this contract (and football contracts in general) is ATL had an out-clause where they could have bailed on the final 3 years of the deal, and only guaranteed the first 3.  It's a bit harder to say he should have to honor his contract he signed, when there is nothing that binds the team to honor contracts.  Obviously in this situation it worked out well for the team and they're keeping him, but if he had injury issues and wasn't effective then they wouldn't hesitate to kick Julio to the curb to save the money.

I do agree it was a dumb contract for him to sign though.  Or at least to sign and then complain about later.  If he wanted to bet on himself he should have went short term, but if he wanted more security then he should have asked for fully guaranteed and just lived up to it.

All that said, is this something that could turn into a holdout during the season too?  Or is it a Le'Veon Bell tactic where he'll hold out and just show up Week 1 ready to play?  

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Julio Jones will not report for training camp.

Jones skipped OTAs and minicamp to show his displeasure with his deal, but the Falcons reportedly informed him he will not get a new contract this year. Tom Pelissero reports Atlanta did promise to look at his contract after the season, but that clearly was not enough to appease the star receiver. Ian Rapoport added Jones "is comfortable sitting out the entire time" if Atlanta does not fix his deal. Even if he ends up skipping all of camp, Jones will still be an elite fantasy option worthy of a first-round pick.

Jul 24 - 8:35 AM

I don't agree with this at all.  It's debatable whether or not he is worthy of a late first round pick in 12 or 14 team leagues.  I'd argue that Keenan Allen or Michael Thomas could be drafted ahead of him.  How can not reporting for training camp and being unhappy with the contract NOT be a red flag?  He could end up holding out, alligator arming balls because he's worried about the next contract, etc.

This guy is a do not draft for me as well.

14 minutes ago, CooL said:

I don't agree with this at all.  It's debatable whether or not he is worthy of a late first round pick in 12 or 14 team leagues.  I'd argue that Keenan Allen or Michael Thomas could be drafted ahead of him.  How can not reporting for training camp and being unhappy with the contract NOT be a red flag?  He could end up holding out, alligator arming balls because he's worried about the next contract, etc.

This guy is a do not draft for me as well.

The only player I can remember in the last 20 years alligator arming balls and mailing it in during a contract year to ensure he doesn't get hurt and actually get a new contract was Desean Jackson. Julio isn't in a contract year. He has 3 years left.

He is letting management know he is unhappy about how much he is being paid and willing to skip training camp to do so. Are people worried about Bell skipping all of training camp and the pre-season? Julio is going to play this season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

The only player I can remember in the last 20 years alligator arming balls and mailing it in during a contract year to ensure he doesn't get hurt and actually get a new contract was Desean Jackson. Julio isn't in a contract year. He has 3 years left.

He is letting management know he is unhappy about how much he is being paid and willing to skip training camp to do so. Are people worried about Bell skipping all of training camp and the pre-season? Julio is going to play this season.

Regardless, the guy is unhappy.

Reports say that he is "comfortable sitting out until the team addresses his situation."  What does this mean?  Just training camp?  If he doesn't get a deal, he still shows up to play week 1?  Or could he hold out during the actual season.

Unless you are Julio Jones, you have no idea what the man is thinking.  One could say that he is a veteran and doesn't need training camp to produce at his elite level.  One could also say that you need those reps for rapport, even if you are a veteran.  I have him, Allen, and Thomas all in the same tier at the back of the first and early second round.  This holdout convinces me not to draft him.  But to each their own.

Julio has rarely practiced between games most of his career. He has no leverage to hold out during the season and that will only forfeit money. He isn't in a contract year.

Welp, he has a bit of leverage apparently. I guess he isn't getting traded :lol:

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff announced late Wednesday night that receiver Julio Jones will be at team headquarters when the players report for the 2018 AT&T Training Camp here on Thursday.

Here is the statement Dimitroff released:

“We have had continued dialogue all offseason with Julio and his representation. We have come to an agreement with Julio, and we will re-address everything in 2019. I appreciate everyone’s hard work and communication on this. This adjustment does not impede us from working on other extensions with other key members of our football team. We will continue to work on those contracts going forward.”

• Like 2