smeeze

Julio Jones 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, Bryce84 said:

Players and coaches don't have this kind of mentality.  Actually, they CANT if they expect to succeed at their job.  They're all fiercely intense competitors, hate losing and don't want to let their brothers down.  It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge from afar, coming to a whimsical conclusion that they have nothing to play for, but that is not the reality for these guys, or most human beings, really.  There's many reasons why you'll see nearly all pro players in any sport try to play through injuries if its possible to do so, and the opinion of a casual viewer regarding them or their team's situation has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Keke Coutee..."Until I'm 100%, I will not be out there."   11-5-18

14 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Keke Coutee..."Until I'm 100%, I will not be out there."   11-5-18

I sure hope you know that hamstrings are very different beasts.  He had to learn the hard way after pushing back through an injury that is highly re-aggravatable until you are WELL past healed from it, which he ultimately did re-aggravate multiple times.  Why was it that he re-aggravated it?  Oh, I'm glad you asked - probably due to a lot of what you quoted from my post.

If I have misinterpreted the implications of your post, I apologize.

Edited by Bryce84

28 minutes ago, Bryce84 said:

I sure hope you know that hamstrings are very different beasts.  He had to learn the hard way after pushing back through an injury that is highly re-aggravatable until you are WELL past healed from it, which he ultimately did re-aggravate multiple times.  Why was it that he re-aggravated it?  Oh, I'm glad you asked - probably due to a lot of what you quoted from my post.

If I have misinterpreted the implications of your post, I apologize.

Rodgers sitting last year after loss to Carolina, where he threw the ball 45 times, knocked them out of the playoffs-?

The concern I have is reinjury.  This is hip

and rib.  Yes he has been on the list all year but these are new injuries this week.  Chance of aggravation is high if he gets popped going up for a ball.  This is my concern.  Not that he won’t play but that the floor and ceiling are drastically lowered.  I would roll him over any waiver add.  I struggle with sitting him for a healthy Amari.

Edited by jjbooda

42 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

The concern I have is reinjury.  This is hip

and rib.  Yes he has been on the list all year but these are new injuries this week.  Chance of aggravation is high if he gets popped going up for a ball.  This is my concern.  Not that he won’t play but that the floor and ceiling are drastically lowered.  I would roll him over any waiver add.  I struggle with sitting him for a healthy Amari.

Julio is a beast, Unless he physically cant continue he will be out there giving Carolina hell. ATL considers Carolina one of their rivals and although the season is over, I expect ATL to go in there planning to kick some a**.

• Like 1

He is most definitely not 100%, there is a chance we get infamous decoy julio or in game injury and ATL isnt playing for anything. Still I wouldn't bench him for anyone outside the top 20ish rankings. Im starting Robby Anderson over him. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, herschel said:

Julio playing for a contract is all I needed to read...

That and this is the finals. He plays, I play him. Simple. I’m not worried one bit. What happens, happens. Let’s do this fellas.

11 minutes ago, cesboe said:

He is most definitely not 100%, there is a chance we get infamous decoy julio or in game injury and ATL isnt playing for anything. Still I wouldn't bench him for anyone outside the top 20ish rankings. Im starting Robby Anderson over him. 

People love to talk about decoy games but never can provide examples of it actually happening. I remember Megateon was a decoy for a game or two around Thanksgiving like 5 years ago; other than that I've never seen this "infamous decoy game" people like to reference every single time a star receiver is hurt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, herschel said:

I'm not really sure anyone evaluating Julio F-ing Jones is going to need one more game to figure out what to pay the guy. 

"Gee Julio's Agent, I know your guy has ten thousand five hundred and sixty five yards and 49 scores and 685 catches over 8 years...but why didn't he manage ten thousand six hundred and sixty five? Is it his work ethic?"

:)

(That said, he's probably going to play. It's the ribs apparently that are the key. He'll play, at least until he takes a big pop.)

Edited by Brotherbock
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, herschel said:

I like the sound of that...but it might be premature incentive, Julio is not playing for an extension this week...he is signed thru 2020.

14 minutes ago, herschel said:

incoming 300 yard game

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cesboe said:

how often do decoy games truly happen?

7 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

I'm not really sure anyone evaluating Julio F-ing Jones is going to need one more game to figure out what to pay the guy. 

"Gee Julio's Agent, I know your guy has ten thousand five hundred and sixty five yards and 49 scores and 685 catches over 8 years...but why didn't he manage ten thousand six hundred and sixty five? Is it his work ethic?"

:)

(That said, he's probably going to play. It's the ribs apparently that are the key. He'll play, at least until he takes a big pop.)

he needs to show he's a red zone threat :rolleyes:;)

• Haha 1

Tyreek Hill was thought to be an alleged decoy last week.  While he looked a little tentative early he was targeted a lot and given three end zone looks.  I do not believe that he will be a decoy.  If he is out there they will involve him.  My only hesitancy is Eric Reid putting one on him and he is done for the day early. 

Anything on his ore game warm up? Hopkins has already been out there I assume Julio and the falcons gotta be getting ready.

21 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

People love to talk about decoy games but never can provide examples of it actually happening. I remember Megateon was a decoy for a game or two around Thanksgiving like 5 years ago; other than that I've never seen this "infamous decoy game" people like to reference every single time a star receiver is hurt.

Not to mention they're not going to risk him as a 'decoy' in a meaningless game.