smeeze

Eric Ebron 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Lots of TE-needy teams out there. Seattle, New Orleans jump out as good destinations. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good.

 

Lions released TE Eric Ebron.

The move had to be made today before 4 PM ET if the Lions were going to save his $8 million-plus salary from becoming guaranteed. They tried to trade the enigmatic tight end but were unsuccessful. Ebron will certainly have a market and hasn't yet turned 25. Lions fans have long held a grudge against Ebron after he failed to live up to his No. 10 overall pick draft status in 2014, especially since the Lions passed on LT Taylor Lewan, WR Odell Beckham, and DT Aaron Donald, who were selected consecutively at Nos. 11-13. The Lions now need a tight end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets are putting together an offensive squad of players who peaked in College and High School.  Mr Ebron would fit nicely, and he's from Newark NJ!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

The Jets are putting together an offensive squad of players who peaked in College and High School.  Mr Ebron would fit nicely, and he's from Newark NJ!

 

 

 

Was thinking the same thing. Ebron has JETS written all over him.

ebron2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling my shot now

Signs to the '9ers, makes dynamic duo with Handsome Jimmy - call them "Beauty and the Beast"?

1000 yards/10 TD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few players need a change of scenery more than Ebron.    There's still quite a few TE's out there and needy teams, so we'll see how this goes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be the Jets, I guarantee it.

 

Not awful for his outlook considering they don't have anyone else to throw to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say the Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fielder1831 said:

Surprised the Lions let him go. Underwhelming yes but the talent is still there.

 

Wasnt worth $8 million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ricky1234 said:

Yes, but who will replace him? 

I don't think they will find a better option.

 

They will replace him with Frank Gore, who might in fact end up with more receptions than Ebron. Sure he’s 35 and has been a pro RB forever, but as a TE Gore is a rookie, so there's that... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

Wasnt worth $8 million. 

The 49er's just gave Jerrick McKinnon $7.5 million a year, so anything is possible. 

 

Welcome to SF- $18 million 2 years $75 million signing bonus with $25 million in incentives

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

The 49er's just gave Jerrick McKinnon $7.5 million a year, so anything is possible. 

 

Welcome to SF- $18 million 2 years $75 million signing bonus with $25 million in incentives

 

anything-is-possible-gif-3.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ebron is still only 25.  I just don't think he is very good, though.  If he goes to a high-powered passing offense, he might be worth a late-round flyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to throw the Broncos hat in the ring for Ebron.

 

TE’s need a long time to develop, maybe Ebron is just a late bloomer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy sucks and has no place in a high powered offense as he’ll immediately handicap it. How is his run blocking? Denver could take a look since they lost Virgil Green, but Elway definitely not gonna be paying no $8MM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Texans, please!

 

Fiedorowicz will step down and retire. Not shocking news. Too many concussions and he's not even 27.

 

With Ryan Griffin primarily blocking, Deshaun Watson has Stephen Anderson as his main receiving TE. I'm not an Ebron-hater or anything, but I'm not so sure Ebron is a step up from Anderson. Anderson has shown some flashes without a real QB at the helm, and I imagine that Watson would utilize Anderson effectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

Guy sucks and has no place in a high powered offense as he’ll immediately handicap it. How is his run blocking? Denver could take a look since they lost Virgil Green, but Elway definitely not gonna be paying no $8MM

I don’t think anyone will pay Ebron 8 million.  Denver has 2 other TE’s on the roster...

 

But the next guy up (Jeff Heuerman) is in his 3rd year, and 18 catches total.  It would be difficult for Ebron not to be an upgrade.

 

Edited by seanismorris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to be able to catch the ball in order to qualify as an upgrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

You have to be able to catch the ball in order to qualify as an upgrade

 

Technically, he'd only have to catch the ball 19 times to be an upgrade, which should be within Ebron's skill-level, though not guaranteed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ebron is still only 25.  I just don't think he is very good, though.  If he goes to a high-powered passing offense, he might be worth a late-round flyer.

 

He's been in one for 4 years. 

 

I agree though and might still kick the bucket on him late myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

Fiedorowicz will step down and retire. Not shocking news. Too many concussions and he's not even 27.

 

With Ryan Griffin primarily blocking, Deshaun Watson has Stephen Anderson as his main receiving TE. I'm not an Ebron-hater or anything, but I'm not so sure Ebron is a step up from Anderson. Anderson has shown some flashes without a real QB at the helm, and I imagine that Watson would utilize Anderson effectively.

 

Anderson super bum. Gimme Ebron cheap any day over Anderson cheaper. 

 

He should be a receiver, but isn't athletic enough so he plays TE. 

 

But at TE he's not strong enough to play the position and isn't even good. 

 

It took several injuries for him to see meaningful field action. I'd be fine if he never stepped foot on the Texans field again, unless it was as a special teams blocker. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now