Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Eric Ebron 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, metalmat said:

Damn he has 10 TDs on the year already, that is Gronk and Jimmy Graham level endzone production.

11 actually.....and 1 rushing....and .5 of one throwing lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

You probably just have to live with the goose eggs. This guy has too much boom potential. Again I left him on my bench. :(

I did too and it cost me my week. He is too involved in the red zone to sit. The 0 scared me off last week. Greg Olsen can get used to my bench going forward.

32 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

11 actually.....and 1 rushing....and .5 of one throwing lol

And to think in his 4 years in Detroit he got 12 TDs total :lol: Amazing.

19 minutes ago, Onion said:

Not benching this guy again....

He put up 3 TDs against JAX last time they played. JAX is pretty much out of playoff contention and probably ready to pack the bags and head home on this season. I am seriously considering flexing him in a league I have Ertz in, need a home run to get the #2 seed and no real danger of falling out of #3 spot.

Doyle out for the year means Ebron's stock looks even better for those who are playoff bound...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

This will actually hurt the Colts generally. Doyle plays over 80% of the snaps for a reason: pass protection. I dunno if Mo Alie-Cox can block, but Ebron certainly can't. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Only place this really helps Ebron is the RZ, imo. Bad football injury for the Colts offense.

Edited by LongBalls

Damn, and I can’t drop Doyle until Tuesday. Well, let’s ride Ebron to a championship. League Winner!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

This will actually hurt the Colts generally. Doyle plays over 80% of the snaps for a reason: pass protection. I dunno if Mo Alie-Cox can block, but Ebron certainly can't. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Only place this really helps Ebron is the RZ, imo. Bad football injury for the Colts offense.

Ebron did just fine w/o Doyle for several games. TD magnet!  Worried I am not.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, martinjlm said:

Ebron did just fine w/o Doyle for several games. TD magnet!  Worried I am not.

I’m not worried at all now. I was more frustrated with Doyle in the lineup. Now I can set and forget it. 

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

Colts placed TE Jack Doyle (kidney) on injured reserve, ending his season.

He had to be hospitalized after Week 12's win over Miami and underwent a "prodecure." Coach Frank Reich did say Monday that Doyle's prognosis is "good" to resume playing football in 2019. This locks Eric Ebron back in as Indianapolis' primary tight end. The injury will hurt the Colts more in real life than fantasy box scores; Doyle is a far superior blocker to Ebron and plays over 80% of the team's offensive snaps. With Ebron taking over the No. 1 tight end role, Mo Alie-Cox will move to No. 2. No. 3 tight end Erik Swoope hasn't played since Week 7 due to a knee injury.
Nov 26 - 3:52 PM

my_body_is_ready.png

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

You probably just have to live with the goose eggs. This guy has too much boom potential. Again I left him on my bench. :(

Same... If you need high ceiling, this is the guy. If you have another option and are just looking for a relatively safe floor or ANY points, guy like Hooper works (this was my thinking this week, obviously it didn’t work but fantasy doesn’t work a lot).

The Doyle news changes a lot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Definitely a boost.. but schedule looks a little rough. Hope he doesn't turn into a pumpkin

Dallas and NY at home in weeks 15 to 16 is amazing. They suck versus TEs.

Having read most everyone's posts here I think all should grab Cox.I'm confidant many of you really, really like Cox so it would be good to have Cox in your pocket just in case something happens then you could just pull out your Cox and put him in. You're welcome.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Definitely a boost.. but schedule looks a little rough. Hope he doesn't turn into a pumpkin

wk4 vs HOU - 5/40/1

wk10 vs JAX - 3/69/2 plus 1/2/1 rushing

DAL & NYG are middle of the pack in giving up points vs TE this year.

He’s in the tier behind Ertz and Kelce with Kittle and Gronk. After that you are at a weekly disadvantage at TE

Edited by Joe Odam
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

He’s in the tier behind Ertz and Kelce with Kittle and Gronk. After that you are at a weekly disadvantage at TE

Yeah, minus Gronkowski. He needs to at least have another good game to really think about allowing him back into that 2nd tier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, minus Gronkowski. He needs to at least have another good game to really think about allowing him back into that 2nd tier.

Fair 

He’s going to get work in the red zone, colts have no WRs that demand much attention in the RZ leading to all these TE touchdowns. The way lucks playing I think you could put me out there and I’d be a TE1

2 minutes ago, Chicagocolt said:

He’s going to get work in the red zone, colts have no WRs that demand much attention in the RZ leading to all these TE touchdowns. The way lucks playing I think you could put me out there and I’d be a TE1

TY Hilton does demand red zone attention, which is probably better for both. 

2 hours ago, Chicagocolt said:

what are your measurables? Just wondering in case I need to do a deep dive come playoff time.:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2