Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Eric Ebron 2018 Outlook

7 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

what are your measurables? Just wondering in case I need to do a deep dive come playoff time.:ph34r:

< 5” prolly 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

what are your measurables? Just wondering in case I need to do a deep dive come playoff time.:ph34r:

6’3 195. My true value comes from the wonderlic!!

13 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

I can get this guy now. Is he a must have ROS with Doyle out? Top 3?

#3 TE in my league, with less competition for touches now with Doyle out. Seems like a slam dunk.

18 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

I can get this guy now. Is he a must have ROS with Doyle out? Top 3?

While he is top 3 to this point I'm not sure I'd necessarily call him top 3 ROS with Gronk back and relatively healthy. Very good chance of at least top 5 though with Kittle and Olsen being biggest threats in my eyes (Ebron probably won't get as many catches or yards as those two but his TD upside is as good as any receiver in the NFL with a league leading 11 TD receptions thus far). Even if you have Ertz or Kelce or another top TE he is worth getting just to block your opponents from getting him. 

Edited by Jaw1

5 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

While he is top 3 to this point I'm not sure I'd necessarily call him top 3 ROS with Gronk back and relatively healthy. Very good chance of at least top 5 though with Kittle and Olsen being biggest threats in my eyes (Ebron probably won't get as many catches or yards as those two but his TD upside is as good as any receiver in the NFL with a league leading 11 TD receptions thus far). Even if you have Ertz or Kelce or another top TE he is worth getting just to block your opponents from getting him. 

Olsen has not been nearly as explosive as Ebron. I have both and will be running Ebron without hesitation.

Ebron averaged 10 targets/game the 5 weeks Doyle was out.

2 minutes ago, Onion said:

Olsen has not been nearly as explosive as Ebron. I have both and will be running Ebron without hesitation.

Ebron averaged 10 targets/game the 5 weeks Doyle was out.

True but I'm also factoring schedule in my analysis. Panthers have 2 games against the Saints (1 is week 17 tho), Bucs and Falcons left all which should be relatively high scoring games in which Panthers will have to put up points and Olsen is one of their top options in the passing game. I'm not saying Olsen is necessarily better but I think he is potentially within the conversation to finish in top 5. Despite the volume Ebron saw when Doyle was out, the majority of his value comes from his red zone usage where the increase in targets/opportunities is partially countered by the extra attention he'll get. 

With Doyle out hes TE#1 over Ertz, Kelce, Gronk, Kittle. Easily man, and I have no shares of this beast. I do have kittle for whats it worth. I’m not talking raw talent, the above mentioned have him beat there, or receving yards. But on a pure TD basis, he is going to feast. Luck is playing on an elite level , and those glorious RZ targets are going to this man. I could see him averaging 2 td’s a game ROS . 

16 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

With Doyle out hes TE#1 over Ertz, Kelce, Gronk, Kittle. Easily man, and I have no shares of this beast. I do have kittle for whats it worth. I’m not talking raw talent, the above mentioned have him beat there, or receving yards. But on a pure TD basis, he is going to feast. Luck is playing on an elite level , and those glorious RZ targets are going to this man. I could see him averaging 2 td’s a game ROS . 

Even with the goose egg week 11 Ebron actually has averaged more points with Doyle than without him (in standard, in PPR he averages less than 1pt per game more w/o Doyle) and his TD/per game is slightly lower. I think putting him easily as the #1 TE is a bit outlandish but not impossible especially if he averages 2 TDs per game the rest of the way (which would give him the 3rd most TDs in a season ever ). Without Doyle he not only gets more attention from Luck but more attention from the opposing team. 

Edited by Jaw1

16 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Even with the goose egg week 11 Ebron actually has averaged more points with Doyle than without him (in standard, in PPR he averages less than 1pt per game more w/o Doyle) and his TD/per game is slightly lower. I think putting him easily as the #1 TE is a bit outlandish but not impossible especially if he averages 2 TDs per game the rest of the way (which would give him the 3rd most TDs in a season ever ). Without Doyle he not only gets more attention from Luck but more attention from the opposing team. 

He gets my attention when he scores 11 TDs. 

4 hours ago, martinjlm said:

He gets my attention when he scores 11 TDs. 

Certainly attention worthy but I'd pump the breaks on talking #1 overall and scoring 21 TDs. If you look closer at the stats this season with and without Doyle he hasn't really been much better ( and in standard where he is arguably more valuable he actually has been worse) so I think the news of Doyle being out for the season is being a little bit overblown although it does improve the confidence of firing him up in the playoffs without as much concern for a doughnut like week 11. 

1 hour ago, Jaw1 said:

Certainly attention worthy but I'd pump the breaks on talking #1 overall and scoring 21 TDs. If you look closer at the stats this season with and without Doyle he hasn't really been much better ( and in standard where he is arguably more valuable he actually has been worse) so I think the news of Doyle being out for the season is being a little bit overblown although it does improve the confidence of firing him up in the playoffs without as much concern for a doughnut like week 11. 

So maybe not 21 TDs.  I am on board with that take.

• Haha 1

Planned on rotating Njoku and Brate ROS but blew my FAAB for Ebron last night. A knucklehead dropped him and he is inserted in my lineup and not even a 2/30 day would get him out!

ROS right around 5 along with Gronk for me, behind Kittle though

1 minute ago, CraftyRighty said:

Planned on rotating Njoku and Brate ROS but blew my FAAB for Ebron last night. A knucklehead dropped him and he is inserted in my lineup and not even a 2/30 day would get him out!

Anybody that drops Eric Ebron and his 11 TDs shouldn't be allowed to play fantasy football ever again.

I don't know how many times in past seasons I've owned and dropped this dude.  This year, I actually wanted him and missed out on drafting him.  Reich talked him up in the preseason and he clearly was the tight end to own in Indy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CooL said:

Anybody that drops Eric Ebron and his 11 TDs shouldn't be allowed to play fantasy football ever again.

I don't know how many times in past seasons I've owned and dropped this dude.  This year, I actually wanted him and missed out on drafting him.  Reich talked him up in the preseason and he clearly was the tight end to own in Indy.

I am honestly wondering who this dude dropped Ebron for now.  Did someone also drop Todd Gurley?

1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

I don't know. That's very close. I actually have both (acquired Ebron cheap after his goose egg) and I see it as follows:

Schedule: Ebron>Kittle

Quarterback: Ebron>>>>>>>>Kittle

Offense: Ebron>>>>>Kittle

Floor: Kittle>>Ebron

Ceiling: Ebron>>Kittle

TD potential: Ebron>>>>>>Kittle

Talent: Might be a wash if not close to it (In spite of Ebron's drop history he is immensely talented)

Eric Ebron (back) did not practice Wednesday.
It's a new injury for Ebron, but he played through multiple ailments earlier in the year when Jack Doyle was out and still crushed in the box score. We'll have to keep an eye on Ebron the rest of the week, but this could be a vet day. Nov 28 - 3:46 PM

it's wednesday mah dudes.

• Like 1

He had a triple injury this year and still played. I’m sure minor nicks, like every other player that’s balled out this year. With the amount of injuries the Colts have on offense, it isn’t shocking Ebron gets a vet day. They are mighty thin at TE with Doyle out and Mo Alie-Cox hurting along with Swoope. They literally are hanging by a thread with healthy TEs.

7 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

He had a triple injury this year and still played. I’m sure minor nicks, like every other player that’s balled out this year. With the amount of injuries the Colts have on offense, it isn’t shocking Ebron gets a vet day. They are mighty thin at TE with Doyle out and Mo Alie-Cox hurting along with Swoope. They literally are hanging by a thread with healthy TEs.

They added another TE today. Just sayin. 

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

Didnt Doyle go on IR though? How many active TEs do they even have?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dalton Gang said:

You never bench this dude. If you do, he will go off for sure.

Can confirm, benched him and he went for that insane hat trick

7 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Nothing to do with Ebron though. They need bodies at this point.

7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Didnt Doyle go on IR though? How many active TEs do they even have?

Had four. Lost Doyle. Swoope practicing limited. Cox not practicing. Ebron not practicing. Added Walford. https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/Article/Colts-sign-Clive-Walford-125520174/Amp/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Had four. Lost Doyle. Swoope practicing limited. Cox not practicing. Ebron not practicing. Added Walford. https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/Article/Colts-sign-Clive-Walford-125520174/Amp/

mo allie cox seems a safer bet than walford for this week, but if ebron misses time walford might at least turn into something. the thing is, ebron is a receiver and doyle was the receiver / blocker. ebron does not block, so adding a TE most likely has more to do with blocking.

also, it might just be a much needed rest day for ebron.

giphy.gif