Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Eric Ebron 2018 Outlook

I don't trust him to continue at this current pace after only playing 19 snaps last week. He's touchdown dependent for his production and without a TD you'll get a lot of 2-20-0 type games.

Ebron is clearly a better physical talent than Doyle. If it’s possible to call a TE a plodder, Doyle is it. But the snap counts are very troubling. The Colts have damn near no running game, so why is Doyle getting so much more time because of his blocking? 

3 hours ago, atrium said:

Doyle is out Sunday. Giddy up, Ebron is now a must start

Doyle is being called Week-to-Week also... A tight end who's already on the slower end of his position with a nagging hip injury? That dude isn't going to be running routes for a while. I could see them working him back in to a blocking role when he starts feeling a bit better, but Ebron's going to have a golden chance to establish himself as the 'move' tight end for the next week or two. I've got Burton right now, but Ebron's only seen one less target this season, and has caught more of them and done more with them. I'll probably ride both through Burton's week 5 bye and see who I feel like keeping after that.

• Like 1

Where does this guy rank now for flex options? I already have a TE but where does Ebron land in the flex world?  Luck loves the TEs....

20 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

Doyle is being called Week-to-Week also... A tight end who's already on the slower end of his position with a nagging hip injury? That dude isn't going to be running routes for a while. I could see them working him back in to a blocking role when he starts feeling a bit better, but Ebron's going to have a golden chance to establish himself as the 'move' tight end for the next week or two. I've got Burton right now, but Ebron's only seen one less target this season, and has caught more of them and done more with them. I'll probably ride both through Burton's week 5 bye and see who I feel like keeping after that.

I'm doing this too!

5 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Where does this guy rank now for flex options? I already have a TE but where does Ebron land in the flex world?  Luck loves the TEs....

Depends what other options you have, he's a decent flex if your other options are rb3/wr3. I'm selling high if he has another td week I think 

5 minutes ago, dsaints said:

Struggling in starting him or OJ Howard.. 

I'm in the same boat. I'm leaning ebron as Fitz as more options to throw to

I had heard that the Eagles were notoriously good at defending the Tight End position, but upon looking into it they were Top-2 in 2016, middle of the pack in 2017, and have started out the year in the bottom 10 so far (though outside of OJ's 75-yard TD they've allowed 5-of-8 for 45 yards). I would imagine those numbers will regress towards the norm, but I don't see any reason why the Colts, who are going to have absolutely no chance at a run game in Philly, and Luck who doesn't seem to have his deep ball fully back wouldn't be pounding Ebron and Grant with passes underneath while the CBs try to keep up with Hilton (who will probably draw safety help also). 

Edit:

Now all that being said, Ebron is going to end up with 2 catches for 18 yards and Erik Swoope is going to come in off the practice squad and vulture 2 touchdowns. 

Edited by DekuTree
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Through 2 weeks Luck has targeted his TE an average of 13 times a game. Not saying all of that volume will end up on Ebron, but he's going to get the majority of it. 

Buckle up. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Eric Ebron has a good week. I also wouldn't be surprised if Eric Ebron literally falls off his Schwinn bicycle and is injured before sunday.

Fool me once, shame on me...

cant believe I have to start this guy, but makes too much sense not to. Hoping that the colts as well as leaving the lions has unlocked him.

I’m hoping Ebron cements himself as the 2nd or 3rd option in this passing game. Luck loves his TE’s & Ebron has a chance to prove he’s worthy of the targets. Obviously Hilton is #1, but Grant is probably gonna be inconsistent as the other WR like everyone else who has started opposite him

5-33-0 on 11 targets in a great opportunity with Doyle out.

Oof.

Just now, CooL said:

5-33-0 on 11 targets in a great opportunity with Doyle out.

Oof.

Oof is right.

Alot of picks that should have hit didnt this week

1 minute ago, mi26 said:

Is he worth keeping? Or will Doyle be back....Seemed very slow out there

He had 3 red zone targets but couldn’t connect. I’ll hold through week 5 as a Burton bye week replacement, then he’s a possible drop. Luck’s arm strength isn’t what it used to be so I’m not sure I can trust the Colts passing game

At least he was getting a lot of targets still, including RZ chances. Luck definitely is looking at him a lot. 

I feel like all of these guys are just like kickers....hit and miss every week. 

James, Ebron, Burton, Kittle, Cook, OJ Howard etc. 

I have burton soley from the preseason success...but with Doyle having issues now, Ebron is probably as good as anyone for the next TE up.

Dropped an easy td. Luck was late with the throw allowing the db to knock it out of his hands. He also almost connected with a deep bomb that was overthrown. He's an athletic receiving te that just got 11 targets. Luck loves his tight ends, I'm holding. 

• Thanks 1