Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Eric Ebron 2018 Outlook

23 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Is Doyle going to be out next week? If so he's a solid play.

I read Doyle is doubtful for week 4. Fire up ebron and his 11 targets!

23 minutes ago, Swagitude said:

I read Doyle is doubtful for week 4. Fire up ebron and his 11 targets!

Where did you see this?

Solid outing incoming. Eleven targets last week. Keep feeding him, production will come (I hope).

Hoping it becomes clear what is going on with Doyle in the next day or two.

While it didn't pan out last week, he's still a top 5-6 TE option this week if he starts with no Doyle again. 

Football guys has Ebron ranked 6th in 1PPR this week

TIGHT END

1. Travis Kelce at DEN
2. Zach Ertz at TEN
3. Rob Gronkowski vs MIA
4. Jared Cook vs CLE
5. George Kittle at LAC
6. Eric Ebron vs HOU
7. Jimmy Graham vs BUF
8. Kyle Rudolph at LAR
9. Vance McDonald vs BAL
10. Trey Burton vs TB

Did anyone see the game? How did he miss all those targets? Did he drop a TD like I heard? Was it same old Ebron?

Was disappointing to hear he didn't keep the momentum going...

Preseason- 1st Luck TD

Week 1- TD

Week 2- TD

Week 3- Dud

1 hour ago, austin316 said:

Did anyone see the game? How did he miss all those targets? Did he drop a TD like I heard? Was it same old Ebron?

Was disappointing to hear he didn't keep the momentum going...

Preseason- 1st Luck TD

Week 1- TD

Week 2- TD

Week 3- Dud

Yes he dropped a td but the throw was late so the db got his hand on the ball to pry it free. Luck threw him a long bomb too but couldn’t connect.  Not a lot of tight ends are seeing targets that deep. 

3 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Yes he dropped a td but the throw was late so the db got his hand on the ball to pry it free. Luck threw him a long bomb too but couldn’t connect.  Not a lot of tight ends are seeing targets that deep. 

I see, so he didn't completely fail and blow his chances it sounds like?

Still reason for optimism going forward?

Edited by austin316

Just now, austin316 said:

I see, so he didn't completely fail and blow his chances it sounds like?

Still reason for optimism going forward?

I think so. He was very close to a td. Had he scored no one would be worried about him. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

What’s Doyle’s status for this week?

He didn't practice. It looks like he's going to be out again. I'll probably drop him.

48 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He didn't practice. It looks like he's going to be out again. I'll probably drop him.

Ebron also banged up and did not log in a practice today. I'm starting not to like Ebron as much without Doyle taking away attention. 

5 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Ebron also banged up and did not log in a practice today. I'm starting not to like Ebron as much without Doyle taking away attention. 

Yeah, I can't play these games. He's got to go too. It makes my decision much easier.

Ugh, the fact that Ebron didn't practice today is annoying for those of us that were hoping to start him this week. Hopefully he can get in at least a limited session tomorrow.

Just now, TrueToTheBlue said:

Ugh, the fact that Ebron didn't practice today is annoying for those of us that were hoping to start him this week. Hopefully he can get in at least a limited session tomorrow.

I was going to start him, but with him banged up I don't want any part of him right now even if he practices Friday. I had my eye on another TE anyways that's actually healthy and productive. Maybe he puts up big numbers though, but I just am not about carrying two questionable TEs from the same team which I was doing.

Man. You start this guy when he gets a chance, and he turns into a bum. You start the guy because he has a good matchup, and has a chance to start with great snap share, and he turns into a bum. You don't start this guy when he has 25% snap share and 5 targets, and he gets 4 for 40 and a TD.

I'll never start this guy again. He is who he is now. He thrives in a low-pressure lower expectation role. Hence, he needs Doyle back to be effective.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 4

He's better known in Detroit as Eric Ebum, because he's made of paper mache and has hands of stone.  The definition of underachiever you'll see a picture of the ball bouncing off Ebum's chest in the dictionary.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Red Dog said:

He's better known in Detroit as Eric Ebum, because he's made of paper mache and has hands of stone.  The definition of underachiever you'll see a picture of the ball bouncing off Ebum's chest in the dictionary.

Yeah, I knew that when Detroit let him go. Hell, if Detroit thinks he's bad, he's bad. But I gave him a chance. Then with Doyle out it was his time to shine and he disappeared. I saw some reports blaming Luck a little bit with his throws. But I just don't know, Doyle could catch his throws.

I'll still never start this guy ever again. I don't even care. He can average 5 yards per target and catch 50% of his balls and luck his way into TD's. Nope.

This guy is the equivalent of putting $15 on a field bet after the field bet his 3-4 times in a row, and then whoops. Money's gone. 

17 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'll still never start this guy ever again. I don't even care. He can average 5 yards per target and catch 50% of his balls and luck his way into TD's. Nope.

This guy is the equivalent of putting $15 on a field bet after the field bet his 3-4 times in a row, and then whoops. Money's gone. 

I drafted him for a dollar and started him every game this year. 

Has worked like a charm. 

TE is an abomination after the first few guys. If you don't have one of them, might as well bet on a QB who loves TEs like Luck. 

Might work out, might not, but if you are starting ebron, you most likely are picking up a bum and playing him hoping for a TD anyway. 

In a 12 teamer or above, who you picking up that has a better chance right now? Pretty much nobody, that's who. My 12 teamer is so desperate at TE that my opponent started Engrams back up lmao. There is nobody with upside on the wire. TE is a wateland. 

TL;DR - Luck loves tight bums 

Edited by RicFlair
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He’s been over 10 points 3/4 weeks. That’s great for any non Gronk/Kelce/Ertz TE. The Lions can’t even come to the realization that Kerryon should be a workhorse so Ebron being inconsistent his 3 years there makes perfect sense.

• Like 1