Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Eric Ebron 2018 Outlook

46 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Detroit realized he's bad. Thats why they let him go. He's very TD dependent but as long as Doyle is out enjoy the ride.

Lions current best TE is Luke Wilson with 4 receptions and 29 yards after 4 weeks. I'm inclined to give Ebron the benefit of the doubt for his Lions tenure. Jim Bob Cooter did not inspire confidence as an offensive coordinator and still doesn't. 

Edited by sSektor

7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Lions current best TE is Luke Wilson with 4 receptions and 29 yards after 4 weeks. I'm inclined to give Ebron the benefit of the doubt for his Lions tenure. Jim Bob Cooter did not inspire confidence as an offensive coordinator and still doesn't. 

He had every thing working in his favor in Detroit. Really good QB, no running game, ok defense, 8 home games in a dome etc and still was never anything close to a top 5 TE.

Even in these last 2 games without Doyle, he only produced 8-74-1 on a whopping 21 targets. 

8 hours ago, Evincar said:

Detroit realized he's bad. Thats why they let him go. He's very TD dependent but as long as Doyle is out enjoy the ride.

7 hours ago, Evincar said:

He had every thing working in his favor in Detroit. Really good QB, no running game, ok defense, 8 home games in a dome etc and still was never anything close to a top 5 TE.

Even in these last 2 games without Doyle, he only produced 8-74-1 on a whopping 21 targets. 

He had 2 TD's in the 2 games before Doyle went down too, so it's not like he needs to be the only TE on the field to get redzone looks.  He is the RZ TE for Luck.  You can call that "TD dependent" or whatever you like, but he has 3 TDs in 4 games (and 2 in 2 with Doyle in the lineup as well) because that is his role in this offense.  And until my league starts counting completion percentage, I don't really care - he hasn't registered any drops on the year, so it isn't like passes are hitting him in the hands and he's missing them.

I'm also not sure why everyone talks like he's been some horrible player the past few years - maybe expectations were higher greater than the results?  But he finished the past 3 years as TE12, TE15, TE13, so it isn't like we're talking about some bum TE that had zero fantasy relevance before.  And the difference between Ebron being TE13 and a top-5 TE last year was about 30 fantasy points, not a lot.

People can ignore Ebron if they like, but there aren't a lot of options out there at TE that are better (and healthy).  He's #1 in the league for red zone targets among TE's with 9.  Compare that to 2017, when he had 12 RZ targets the entire season, and that should be all you need to know about why 2018 will be a much better year for Ebron.  And not surprisingly, the TE's in 2017 with the most RZ targets (Graham, Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, Rudolph) were the top fantasy TE's in overall scoring as well.  

TE position sucks this year, really happy with what ebron has done so far, hope he keeps it up and gets a few more receptions each week.

5 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

9/105/2

absofreakinglutely

It’ll be interesting when Doyle returns. I had Doyle from draft and held both guys until Doyle got injured. Hopefully Ebron stays the go to guy.

Edited by FitzMagic

I am fully on board blaming the Lions coaching staff for not using him to his potential. He looks great out there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Itll be interesting when Doyle returns. I had Doyle from draft and held both guys until Doyle got injured. Hopefully Ebron stays the go to guy.

he's still kept decent numbers when Doyle was in there. then with no TY today he obviously was the main target. hopefully the team looks at this and keeps going with it. 

Doyle should come back and ride the bench. Make sure it’s warm for ebron to keep those hammys loose. I don’t own him but with how weak te position is, dude is a beast.

Bro. I was begging like the greedy chick I am for a second TD, but then Swoopes got it and I was like Awww man. 

That overturn was fantastic lol 

• Haha 3

I'm so pissed the Jets didn't go after him in FA after they let ASJ walk. I said on this forum that Ebron was gonna be a beast and he hasn't disappointed. TE position has been rough (usually is) but this year I feel like more so. I'm hoping they continue to feed him ROS.

7 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Doyle should come back and ride the bench. Make sure it’s warm for ebron to keep those hammys loose. I don’t own him but with how weak te position is, dude is a beast.

Luck is the beast, just catch the ball.

Going up against him and starting him lol you cant ever sit this guy

1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

Going up against him and starting him lol you cant ever sit this guy

Unfortunately, I did. It’s times like these you just can’t stand yourself when you hit on two TE’s late (Cook and Ebron). 

Good thing is Cook still has a game to play. 

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Unfortunately, I did. It’s times like these you just can’t stand yourself when you hit on two TE’s late (Cook and Ebron). 

Except cook can dissapear for an entire season at a moments notice

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Can’t blame you. Ebron is benefiting from no Hilton today.

8 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Ne bad d, ne offense, no Hilton, no doyle.... he was a lock for 10 targets minimum and it was written everywhere. Damnit man!

• Like 1

22 pts in standard, I love it! And the best part is, that last week I was offering my current oppenent Ebron for one of his RBs. I was telling him Ebron was going to produce in tonights game. Dummy should have accepted :lol:

Edited by FrancoJavierM