Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Eric Ebron 2018 Outlook

25 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

I need a good public shamming. I benched Ebron James for Vance McDonald

That's bad. Hilton and Doyle are out, why wouldn't you have started him? With that said, I started Kittle over him, so we're sort of in the same boat.

This is still great though, because now he's a a pretty valuable commodity in a TE wasteland. Might be able to get a WR2 type for him from a desperate owner.

• Like 1

Does he always get nicked up this often? It seemed he was slow to get up a few times and even went to the bench in pain twice. 

Ebron has tied a career high for TDs a mere 5 games into the season. 

Edited by RicFlair

This dude is like early years Melvin Gordon. Everyone talks about how awful he is but he gets such an insane amount of volume that he still puts up fantasy numbers. 

I don’t care how terrible he looks, he is a difference maker so far at a desolate fantasy position.

Def bailed me out last night in one league so I appreciate him...

Yeeeee boi!! So glad I grabbed Ebron in week 2 in my 12-team standard league. This guy is getting the looks and consistently seeing red-zone. Paydirt. It's a nice feeling when you can be confident at the TE position week in week out.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:39 PM, Evincar said:

Detroit realized he's bad. Thats why they let him go. He's very TD dependent but as long as Doyle is out enjoy the ride.

He's not "bad", he just doesn't mesh well with a QB like Stafford.  Stafford throws lasers, and lasers only, even when he doesn't have to.  Ebron doesn't have the hands or the concentration to catch those kinds of balls.  He pairs so much better with a softballer like Luck.

Man, I'm starting to feel vindicated.  So many people said Doyle was the easy bet to be the fantasy relevant tight end in this offense.  I told them injuries were holding Ebron back, not talent.  He was being compared to Vernon Davis coming out of UNC and just couldn't put it together and I had a feeling in an offense that utilizes the tight end as much as Luck and the Colts, he could finally break out.   The bad news is,  I dropped him week one to pick up Kittle.  I could have had two nice tight end options if I had a little more faith in myself lol.

2 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Man, I'm starting to feel vindicated.  So many people said Doyle was the easy bet to be the fantasy relevant tight end in this offense.  I told them injuries were holding Ebron back, not talent.  He was being compared to Vernon Davis coming out of UNC and just couldn't put it together and I had a feeling in an offense that utilizes the tight end as much as Luck and the Colts, he could finally break out.   The bad news is,  I dropped him week one to pick up Kittle.  I could have had two nice tight end options if I had a little more faith in myself lol.

Doyle is very relevant in PPR. However Ebron gets TDs at a good clip even before Doyle's injuries. I had both and now have Ebron. Due to the TE wasteland though I still have to roster a backup which I hate to do.

1 minute ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Will he still be a TE1 even when both Doyle and Hilton are back?

No

3 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Will he still be a TE1 even when both Doyle and Hilton are back?

He's a TD machine in this offense even with Hilton/Doyle playing. Obviously has a huge target bump with Doyle gone but seems reliable in the red zone 

• Confused 2

Luck HAD a great thing going with Doyle but how long has that been?  Even though Ebron was the new guy, Luck is clearly confident in him and have formed a strong connection.  When Doyle comes back, Luck's connection with Ebron will still be there and hopefully just more efficient on less targets.

On 10/5/2018 at 2:11 PM, sSektor said:

Doyle isn't even comparable to Ebron in regards to pass catching talent.

Yes, he is. Ebron has a higher ceiling, but Doyle is a more reliable pass catcher. He always averages a higher catch percentage.

I do like Ebron more though because he's their # 1 red zone threat. Locked in TE1 even when Doyle returns.

Ebron did not practice today. With Doyle not expected to play I guess we need to look at Swoope if tomorrow is not good news.

Practiced in full Friday but Colts signed TE from practice squad. Guessing he sits why do you need 3 TEs on the roster if he plays?