Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Eric Ebron 2018 Outlook

I think this guy just Wally Pipped the “better” tight end named Jack Doyle. No way Luck just ignores Ebron even if Doyle does ever come back.

Honestly im thinking of grabbing swoop and cuff ebron lmao

Remember Ebron was 10th overall pick out of college. His skills and ability are greater than Doyle.

Detroit left a bad taste in his mouth, chip on his shoulder and he literally chose Indy because of Luck. Frank Reich's TE friendly system certainly helped. It was a fresh start, good vibes and it shows. Detroit was a good pass attack but they never utilized him to his full capacity.

Also Ebron was the overall TE1 last year in PPR like weeks 13-17. That showed what he was capable of.

Wow I had this guy then dropped him cause I had Gronk. He should come back to earth a little bit once Doyle and TY get healthy but he has been beasting the past few weeks. I was a big advocate of getting a top 3 TE but I've played this guy multiple times in different leagues over the past couple weeks and seems like he always outperforms my Gronk/Kelce/Ertz. 

Ebron has the skills and mismatch havoc on defenses but also he is the most trustworthy asset in their pass game right now. I picked up Uzumah on Cincy in case Ebron's body cant hold up, but you could just as well keep your eye on his backup Swoope if Ebron ever misses a game.

Let’s be logical here. Doyle’s return (when, not if) will eat into Ebron’s massive usage. The targets won’t just go away but you better believe Luck will give Doyle his reps too. 

Ebron’s a perfect sell high candidate if you can manage it. This ones black & white boys - don’t get swept away with hopes. 

Down week and now Doyle coming back, arrow pointing down on Ebron. We'll see how much of a hit his value takes with now Doyle and TY being back out there. I hope with Doyle back Ebron's snap counts don't start going significantly down.

I would say this is a bit concerning...

Graham BarfieldVerified account @GrahamBarfield 10h10 hours ago

More

With Jack Doyle (hip) back in the lineup in Week 8, Eric Ebron saw his snaps cut to 18% vs. OAK. Doyle at 75%. In three games where Doyle has played this year, Ebron's snap rates are 45% (Week 1), 26% (W2), 18% (W8). Doyle out-targeting Ebron 22 to 11.

6 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

it was a fun, short ride.

Yeah, looks like the party is over. Back to digging in the crates of the TE wasteland. 

8 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

I would say this is a bit concerning...

Graham BarfieldVerified account @GrahamBarfield 10h10 hours ago

More

With Jack Doyle (hip) back in the lineup in Week 8, Eric Ebron saw his snaps cut to 18% vs. OAK. Doyle at 75%. In three games where Doyle has played this year, Ebron's snap rates are 45% (Week 1), 26% (W2), 18% (W8). Doyle out-targeting Ebron 22 to 11.

Everyone dropping him now?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Everyone dropping him now?

Nope. That would be crazy. I will be rostering Doyle though.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Nope. That would be crazy. I will be rostering Doyle though.

So you are going to roster three TE's week 9? That's not good use of bench space and unfeasible for 99% of teams. 

I think he is a hold and hope for the best. If you do not own kelce ertz oj howard gronk then he is a hold out and hope. If its ppr I want doyle but in standard I stll take ebron over jordan reed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

So you are going to roster three TE's week 9? That's not good use of bench space and unfeasible for 99% of teams. 

I'm conceding Week 9. I am not picking up a bunch of junk to try and win. I have a lot of my best players out this week. I am sacrificing my defense and then will see how I stand.

• Like 2

What are yall complaining about? He got a TD and Andrew Luck is going to toss the ball 40+ times in harder matchups. Who are you going to get on the wire that is better than Ebron?

Not a great situation but you can’t drop him. The strategy with him all along should have been to try and acquire a second starting TE knowing Doyle would probably return eventually.

Problem is you probably can’t trade him either since everyone will be mindful of Doyle. Bright side is Luck clearly will continue throwing to his TEs.

13 hours ago, metalmat said:

What are yall complaining about? He got a TD and Andrew Luck is going to toss the ball 40+ times in harder matchups. Who are you going to get on the wire that is better than Ebron?

Doyle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Better to own Ebron or Doyle ?

i have Ebron but Doyle is FA...

Ebron had a TD this week

Just now, Tomy said:

Better to own Ebron or Doyle ?

i have Ebron but Doyle is FA...

Ebron had a TD this week

Nobody has had a TD this week...

Doyle.

2 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Nobody has had a TD this week...

Doyle.

Sorry i m french :)

ok Doyle. I just hope injury is really finish...