• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

For an undrafted guy, Clement was pretty impressive as a Rookie. Scored 6 TDs during the regular season and was a serious weapon as a receiver in the postseason. If the Eagles don't re-sign LeGarrette Blount could Clement be this years Chris Thompson - a legit RB2 despite not getting a huge workload? Talented kid in an elite offense has me liking his upside in 2018 if Blount is not around.

Posted (edited)

Glassboro NJ's finest. 

What's not to love about Corey Clement? He answered the bell when called upon and proved he belongs. He's eventually going to work his way into a feature back roll. I think that will be sooner than later. Expect big things from him in the future.

As for now I'm not sure what is Fantasy value is at this point but he'll definitely be on my roster if I have a shot at him late.

Edited by South Carolina

21 minutes ago, Geaux Saints said:

For an undrafted guy, Clement was pretty impressive as a Rookie. Scored 6 TDs during the regular season and was a serious weapon as a receiver in the postseason. If the Eagles don't re-sign LeGarrette Blount could Clement be this years Chris Thompson - a legit RB2 despite not getting a huge workload? Talented kid in an elite offense has me liking his upside in 2018 if Blount is not around.

Not quick enough (or small enough?) to be a Philly Chris Thompson, but more relevantly there’s a Smallwood and Ajayi in his way. Part of Thompson’s success is due to having little talented competition. I’d suggest Ajayi will be the only RB to own in Philadelphia, and even at that I can’t see targeting him unless it’s clear this won’t be a 3way committee.

Lotta talent there, lotta places for the ball to go, and while Ertz might go for mucho dinero, Mack Hollins could be the bargain price Eagle. Plus the Wentz/Agholor connection has been established, the Alshon contract signed...

Smallwood didn't get a single touch during the playoffs. I definitely don't see him being a threat to Clement's touches.

• Like 2

Smallwood is a stiff. He will be lucky if he's on this roster day 1. Dougy P loves Clement.

Smallwood is on the bubble as of right now. Blount and Sproles are likely gone. Clement is going to dominate the passing down role and receiving role. And work as a change of pace. I expect him to be very valuable in PPR leagues and could finish in the top-25 for RB's for a PPR league.

Clement is the #2 in Philly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Smallwood is on the bubble as of right now. Blount and Sproles are likely gone. Clement is going to dominate the passing down role and receiving role. And work as a change of pace. I expect him to be very valuable in PPR leagues and could finish in the top-25 for RB's for a PPR league.

Clement is the #2 in Philly.

completely agree, Smallwood has not shown the explosiveness that Clement has... just because there are X amount of RBs on a team does not make them all a threat

Random comment - I watched a lot of corey Clement at wisky.  I was SHOCKED, not surprised, shocked at the way he played last season in the passing role.  Looked like a completely different player than the guy I saw in college. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Random comment - I watched a lot of corey Clement at wisky.  I was SHOCKED, not surprised, shocked at the way he played last season in the passing role.  Looked like a completely different player than the guy I saw in college. 

Thats what good coaching will do. And he seems to get it. He did a great job catching balls out of the backfield.

• Like 1

Big fan of this guy.  Even if they add another back, I love him as a late round RB value in PPR.    I only wish the Super Bowl didnt showcase him so much.    In my deep league last year i rostered him and noticed how efficient he was per touch, with a nose for the end zone, and had him marked as a low cost option for 2018.  SB should shoot up his ADP a little now, unfortunately. 

13 hours ago, Geaux Saints said:

I will only look at him if he has a clear path to get 15 consistent touches on the offense. 

Currently he is nothing more than a flyer type cuff as long as ajayi stays healthy.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

I will only look at him if he has a clear path to get 15 consistent touches on the offense. 

Currently he is nothing more than a flyer type cuff as long as ajayi stays healthy.

I hear you, but I'm not sure he's a guy that needs a lot of touches to be fantasy relevant. That offense is legit and if he stays involved in the passing game (10 catches for 139 yards and a TD in the postseason) he could be a low end RB2 IMO. I think he can consistently deliver stat lines of 7 rushes for 30 yards & 3 catches for 30 yards and a TD. Now if they go out and draft Ronald Jones that could hurt his value. Conversely, if Ajayi were to go down......look out!

If the Eagles had a full set of day 1/2 picks I'd say they are all but guaranteed to go get an RB.  I've read that Duce is is a fan of Guice.  I still think there's a high probability they get one this draft to replace Ajayi once he hits free agency (knee problems in a RB, not sure they'll look to re-sign him long-term).  You also have to factor in Pumphrey, who despite a lost rookie season seems to have a lot of fans in the front office/coaching staff as a future gadget back.  

Bottom line: I absolutely love Clement, but I think from a fantasy POV he's likely to be a part of a committee next year and probably for several years beyond.  Not because he couldn't handle a lead back role, I think he probably could.  Just seems as if Philly prefers to mix and match to keep guys fresh.

9 hours ago, Baur10 said:

If the Eagles had a full set of day 1/2 picks I'd say they are all but guaranteed to go get an RB.  I've read that Duce is is a fan of Guice.  I still think there's a high probability they get one this draft to replace Ajayi once he hits free agency (knee problems in a RB, not sure they'll look to re-sign him long-term).  You also have to factor in Pumphrey, who despite a lost rookie season seems to have a lot of fans in the front office/coaching staff as a future gadget back.  

Bottom line: I absolutely love Clement, but I think from a fantasy POV he's likely to be a part of a committee next year and probably for several years beyond.  Not because he couldn't handle a lead back role, I think he probably could.  Just seems as if Philly prefers to mix and match to keep guys fresh.

Your right. As of now there's just too many mouths to feed in Philly. For me he's definitely someone that I want on my bench as an RB3. He may not get many touches but he gets quality touches and is always a threat. I doubt Smallwood will be back, not sure about Pumphrey.

11 minutes ago, Geaux Saints said:

Blount gone and the Eagles didn't draft a RB. I'm thinking this guy is going to be Aces in 2018.

He will probably get the bulk of red zone action. Much like he did at the end of last season. I think he's worthy of a mid to late round pick. Pederson loves the kid.

2 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

He will probably get the bulk of red zone action. Much like he did at the end of last season. I think he's worthy of a mid to late round pick. Pederson loves the kid.

Yep. ~50 receptions and ~10 total TDs is very realistic IMO. I think he's a legit RB2 in PPR.

20 minutes ago, Geaux Saints said:

Yep. ~50 receptions and ~10 total TDs is very realistic IMO. I think he's a legit RB2 in PPR.

And Pederson is not afraid to use him. He trusts the kid. 

13 minutes ago, Geaux Saints said:

31 minutes ago, Geaux Saints said:

Blount gone and the Eagles didn't draft a RB. I'm thinking this guy is going to be Aces in 2018.

18 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Agree he’s got talent, but the Eagles re-signed Sproles and own Ajayi. Yes Sproles is elderly, but somehow still looks great when on the field. Yes Clement looked solid and is liked by Pederson, but I see Ajayi as the lead back; Ajayi didn’t lose a beat going from Miami to Philadelphia. Considering Ajayi, considering the Sproles re-signing, I’m more conservative/cautious here. Plenty of backs with a lion’s share of touches this season, plenty of backs with a dominant passing role that’s not shared by a talented [albeit elderly] vet (e.g. Lewis, Cohen, Thompson, Powell). 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Agree he’s got talent, but the Eagles re-signed Sproles and own Ajayi. Yes Sproles is elderly, but somehow still looks great when on the field. Yes Clement looked solid and is liked by Pederson, but I see Ajayi as the lead back; Ajayi didn’t lose a beat going from Miami to Philadelphia. Considering Ajayi, considering the Sproles re-signing, I’m more conservative/cautious here. Plenty of backs with a lion’s share of touches this season, plenty of backs with a dominant passing role that’s not shared by a talented [albeit elderly] vet (e.g. Lewis, Cohen, Thompson, Powell). 

I agree, Pederson does like to mix it up. But don't forget that Ajayi only had 1 rushing TD all year. Clement has become the red zone threat. Clement had 4 TD's with less than half the carries. Not to mention what he brings in the passing game.

Edited by South Carolina

RUSHING
Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
2017 Philadelphia Eagles 16 74 4.6 321 4.3 20.1 4 28 19 25.7 2 0 0

TOTAL 16 74 4.6 321 4.3 20.1 4 28 19 25.7 2 0 0

RECEIVING
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2017 Philadelphia Eagles 16 10 123 12.3 7.7 28 2 3 0 6 0

TOTAL 16 10 123 12.3 7.7 28 2 3 0 6 0

He didn't have as many receptions as I thought. In fact he probably had more in the post season. However he I do expect a bigger role in the passing game this year. I like him for 10 total TD's this year.  

36 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

I hear you, but I think the thing that separates Clement from those guys is that if Ajayi were to go down mid season Clement has the potential to carry you to a fantasy championship. Lewis, Cohen, & Thompson do not IMO. 

6 minutes ago, South Carolina said:
RUSHING
Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
2017 Philadelphia Eagles 16 74 4.6 321 4.3 20.1 4 28 19 25.7 2 0 0

TOTAL 16 74 4.6 321 4.3 20.1 4 28 19 25.7 2 0 0

RECEIVING
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2017 Philadelphia Eagles 16 10 123 12.3 7.7 28 2 3 0 6 0

TOTAL 16 10 123 12.3 7.7 28 2 3 0 6 0

He didn't have as many receptions as I thought. In fact he probably had more in the post season. However he I do expect a bigger role in the passing game this year. I like him for 10 total TD's this year.  

Yeah he was very involved in the passing game in the playoffs. 5 for 31 against ATL and 4 for 100 and a TD against NE. Sproles will probably cut into his receptions though.

12 minutes ago, Geaux Saints said:

I hear you, but I think the thing that separates Clement from those guys is that if Ajayi were to go down mid season Clement has the potential to carry you to a fantasy championship. Lewis, Cohen, & Thompson do not IMO. 

Im not sure about Ajayi in Pederson's offense. I don't think they love him. He was used sparingly at times. He's not a feature back by any means in this offense. And I think Sproles will have a very small roll in this offense. More of a situational back. There's just not enough ball to go around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Carolina said:

Im not sure about Ajayi in Pederson's offense. I don't think they love him. He was used sparingly at times. He's not a feature back by any means in this offense. And I think Sproles will have a very small roll in this offense. More of a situational back. There's just not enough ball to go around.

RBBC won them a Super Bowl.  Why change?

Ajayi is overrated.  I’m avoiding this backfield unless something changes.