Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Well now I feel like an idiot for dropping him for wilkins lol. Was trying to block rb needy team

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

12 team league, i was thinking the 8th round, but now it feels should be sooner?

 

I got him in the 16th round of my 14 team league (Yahoo has him semi-buried). Obviously not saying to wait that long, but I would personally never spend an 8th round pick on someone that is blatantly second in the pecking order. We are going to need an Ajayi injury for Clement to be startable IMO.

 

Edit: And that was more to give some perspective that not everyone is over the moon for Clement. But it only takes one guy (Eagles fan) in your league to make the leap.

Edited by kball09
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

12 team league, i was thinking the 8th round, but now it feels should be sooner?

His yahoo ranking is 160. You should be able to snag him late, but if you think there are other saavy owners, then grab him in the 9th/10th. Anytime before that is too expensive for a guy who's a handcuff (albeit, a league winning one), but not enough stand alone value. Only handcuff that should be taken before the 8th is Tevin Coleman.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

12 team league, i was thinking the 8th round, but now it feels should be sooner?

He went 8.04 in my 12 team PPR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

12 team league, i was thinking the 8th round, but now it feels should be sooner?

I got him in round 10 in my 14 teamer but I feel like that's not totally reflective, Ajayi is toast imo, I'd look round 7/8 depending If you can afford that or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Well now I feel like an idiot for dropping him for wilkins lol. Was trying to block rb needy team

 

That's definitely okay. I prefer Clement, but they're close enough. Wilkins could win the job week 1 in a Luck offense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Where does he rank next to other cop backs like

 

Breida

Powell

Duke J

Etc

Breida could realistically take that backfield over as soon as this weekend, without injury. He's definitely ranked higher. Powell is the same situation. Duke has limited value outside of PPR, he's gonna get like 5 carries per game. His ceiling is better than all of those guys because of the offense and the offensive line, but he isn't likely to hit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Nice lil stat on Clement

2nd rated rookie RB pass blocker behind Jamaal Williams per PFF

7th rated RB overall in pass blocking

 

When every single team passes on you in the entire NFL Draft, you make sure to do everything you can to get signed. I like this kid man, he's got heart. I wanna see his career take off and prove every single team wrong for passing on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

 

When every single team passes on you in the entire NFL Draft, you make sure to do everything you can to get signed. I like this kid man, he's got heart. I wanna see his career take off and win me a championship. 

Pretty sure you meant this instead!!

It is going to happen. Ajayi's lower body is toast. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He went rounds 14-16 in all of my leagues. I quess he wasn't on people's radar at that point. There's nothing to lose that late. I own him in every league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, einstein2u said:

12 team league, i was thinking the 8th round, but now it feels should be sooner?

Depends on how your league is drafting and how bad you have to have Clement.  I took him in the 10th and felt it was a bit of a reach, but I really wanted Clement on my bench.

 

 

8 hours ago, kball09 said:

 

I got him in the 16th round of my 14 team league (Yahoo has him semi-buried). Obviously not saying to wait that long, but I would personally never spend an 8th round pick on someone that is blatantly second in the pecking order. We are going to need an Ajayi injury for Clement to be startable IMO.

 

Edit: And that was more to give some perspective that not everyone is over the moon for Clement. But it only takes one guy (Eagles fan) in your league to make the leap.

 

 

Even if Ajayi stays healthy, Clement will be the most used back in Philly by week 5 or 6. Doug P likes his play book much more with Clement on the field rather than Ajayi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, einstein2u said:

12 team league, i was thinking the 8th round, but now it feels should be sooner?

 

I took him 100 overall but it is a keeper league where RBs go early and often and he was easily the best RB left on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vision, power, acceleration, burst, quick, with great hands. Sit back and enjoy the season CC owners.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5'10" 220lb  ... check

Can catch passes .... check

High powered offense ... check

Fragile starter in front of him ... check

Eye test ... check

 

I just feel it in my bones that this guy is going to be a big factor this year.  Adding everywhere I can.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

5'10" 220lb  ... check

Can catch passes .... check

High powered offense ... check

Fragile starter in front of him ... check

Eye test ... check

 

I just feel it in my bones that this guy is going to be a big factor this year.  Adding everywhere I can.

 

? % ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

5'10" 220lb  ... check

Can catch passes .... check

High powered offense ... check

Fragile starter in front of him ... check

Eye test ... check

 

I just feel it in my bones that this guy is going to be a big factor this year.  Adding everywhere I can.

Well written summary. I too feel he can be a league winner. No way I'm ever dropping him, then watching another team reap the benefits as the season goes on.

 

They were just loving him on Fantasy Guru radio this morning on Sirius xm.

 

Also add to your list, he is their best blocker in the backfield and RZ threat. Also he is needed to keep Ajayi fresh... if they can manage to do that without him getting hurt.

 

From an intangible perspective, I'll add he is from philly and loves playing for his hometown team. Gratitude and being happy can be a powerful thing (one reason I think Alfred Morris will succeed, but that's another story)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

5'10" 220lb  ... check

Can catch passes .... check

High powered offense ... check

Fragile starter in front of him ... check

Eye test ... check

 

I just feel it in my bones that this guy is going to be a big factor this year.  Adding everywhere I can.

 

Dont forget about the fantastic OL that just got back a healthy Jason Peters

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, austin316 said:

 

From an intangible perspective, I'll add he is from philly and loves playing for his hometown team. Gratitude and being happy can be a powerful thing (one reason I think Alfred Morris will succeed, but that's another story)

 

 

Great point. I didn’t know he was from Philly. Love these types of intangibles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

 

Great point. I didn’t know he was from Philly. Love these types of intangibles.

Glad you like it, my dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think technically he is from New Jersey, but he said on Jimmy Kimmel after the Super Bowl win, "I'm from here", so that's good enough for me lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.