Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

I'm getting ancy for the games to begin so we can start making some somewhat educated speculations on what is going to happen to guys like Clement.  This guy is a baller with a totally complete RB game, it'd be a shame to see him not get more touches.

2 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I think technically he is from New Jersey, but he said on Jimmy Kimmel after the Super Bowl win, "I'm from here", so that's good enough for me lol.

South Jersey. As far as sports are concerned that is Philly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, austin316 said:

I think technically he is from New Jersey, but he said on Jimmy Kimmel after the Super Bowl win, "I'm from here", so that's good enough for me lol.

The south of New Jersey is full Philly territory. I have some friends their who are fierce Iggles fans (including a guy who last season picked ONLY Eagles).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Rather own Clement or J. Kelly?........ coming from a Gurley owner

Clement is already fantasy relevant. The Eagles have banged up WR's and have already shown they want to limit Ajayis snap count. He also showed last year, including the SB, that he can do everything on the field.

You could handcuff Gurley, but he's not a Tevin Coleman level cuff. He's just a guy behind possibly the best back in football. 

Id rather have the current production and upside of Clement.

Edited by Mr.STD

Few people were asking where to draft (though I know most drafts prob done by now)

Last Tuesday went for $1 at auction's end

Last night I got in 12 team snake at the 12/13 turn (pick 144)

Just now picked up from free agency in another 12 team league

Most people draft according to the available rankings, so he's there at the end of the board. It's always a gamble if you wait since someone else could be targeting him too. If you really wanted to get him I'd go in the 9th/10th, getting sniped earlier than that would really be surprising.

41 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Jersey is literally NYC and PHI.  The only part of Jersey that is Jersy is Cape May.   It is so far south it is out of the complete loop.

42 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

The south of New Jersey is full Philly territory. I have some friends their who are fierce Iggles fans (including a guy who last season picked ONLY Eagles).

Makes sense, thanks for the east coast knowledge.

Clement reminds me of Westbrook scenario playing college ball at Villanova and then the Eagles.

Edited by austin316

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Rather own Clement or J. Kelly?........ coming from a Gurley owner

1 hour ago, Mr.STD said:

Clement is already fantasy relevant. The Eagles have banged up WR's and have already shown they want to limit Ajayis snap count. He also showed last year, including the SB, that he can do everything on the field.

You could handcuff Gurley, but he's not a Tevin Coleman level cuff. He's just a guy behind possibly the best back in football. 

Id rather have the current production and upside of Clement.

Completely agree.  I don't think Clement is going to have to rely on an injury to Ajayi to have fantasy relevance whereas it certainly seems that is the case for Kelly behind Gurley.

Can totally understand as a Gurley owner you might want to handcuff him with Kelly, but if we are talking just straight up Clement vs Kelly, who would I rather have on my bench, it's Clement by a mile.

Clement even with Ajayi there should be good.  If Ajayi gets hurt Clement could be great.

3 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Clement even with Ajayi there should be good.  If Ajayi gets hurt Clement could be great.

So he’s basically an upside cuff with some potential stand alone value pending how things shake out.  Assuming anything more than 10 touches without an injury is pretty wishful thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, herschel said:

So he’s basically an upside cuff with some potential stand alone value pending how things shake out.  Assuming anything more than 10 touches without an injury is pretty wishful thinking. 

Top 15 RB if Ajayi gets hurt and has a full workload.

I wouldn't be surprised it they utilize Ajayi and Clement similarly to Ingram and Kamara or Freeman and Coleman. 

Edited by thecomebackkid907
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

I wouldn't be surprised it they utilize Ajayi and Clement similarly to Ingram and Kamara or Freeman and Coleman. 

those are two fairly large "ifs".  ajayi has played 14 and 15 games the past two seasons, so no real injury history there and if he were to go down, clement has never been a bell cow, so although he would probably be the first/second down back, sproles would definitely have an increased role as well.  not saying it cant happen, just seems like he is in a similar situation as other high end cuffs with the added bonus of some potential stand alone/flex value for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

I will do everyone the service of highlighting the latter part of your post and not the former. Giddy up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I will do everyone the service of highlighting the latter part of your post and not the former. Giddy up.

I actually think that scenario will benefit Clement more, so I'm hoping that's what happens. 

25 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they utilized Cohen and Howard.... Ekeler and Gordon... Morris and Breida... Carson and Prosise... Johnson and Hyde... Gurley and Kelly... Johnson and Riddick... Peterson and Thompson..... etc.

Most teams have a good backup/3rd down back. If doesn't mean all of those players are Kamara. 

Not calling you out, and I like Clement's upside,  but I see this logic a lot. 

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Fine, dropping Powell for Clement. The RW hype is real.

I don't know what this gif means, but I like it

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I will throw some gas on this fire versus throwing some random weird-a** gif of some cartoon chick with a smoking body - Clement's value might be higher IF Ajayi is still active - perhaps not full health active, but active enough to take some carries for Clement to catch his breath.

• Haha 1

had a choice between Clement and Ekeler.  Went with Clement bc he MAY have more touches on a regular basis with the eagles being an RBBC type approach.. and also Ajayi having durability CONCERNS.  Yes he's showed up to games 14 and 15 times each season which is fantastic but we all know that he's never fully healthy and just plays through issues that can catch up to him (bone on bone knee and this recent foot thing that kept him out).  

Ekeler seems much more polished and capable BUT chargers are going to feature Gordon and sprinkle ekeler in.  I also saw Gordon the other night and DnBs and the dude is hella buff.

TLDR: neither will explode in value unless the #1 goes down... and I'm betting Ajayi breaks down before Gordon.

Edited by Mathew Berry

14 hours ago, herschel said:

those are two fairly large "ifs".  ajayi has played 14 and 15 games the past two seasons, so no real injury history there and if he were to go down, clement has never been a bell cow, so although he would probably be the first/second down back, sproles would definitely have an increased role as well.  not saying it cant happen, just seems like he is in a similar situation as other high end cuffs with the added bonus of some potential stand alone/flex value for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

No real injury history with Ajayi guys, you can believe it because it's been typed on a forum.

13 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they utilized Cohen and Howard.... Ekeler and Gordon... Morris and Breida... Carson and Prosise... Johnson and Hyde... Gurley and Kelly... Johnson and Riddick... Peterson and Thompson..... etc.

Most teams have a good backup/3rd down back. If doesn't mean all of those players are Kamara. 

Not calling you out, and I like Clement's upside,  but I see this logic a lot. 

Eagles line is the no 1 line in football

And Clement is a GREAT pass protector. Will be importing with Wentz recovering from injury. Only RB to pass block better as a rookie last year than Clement was Jamaal Williams, who pass blocked so well he finished at a top 8 rb pace despite averaging 3.6 YPC.

Clement is a better pass catcher than Jamaal Williams too. Didn't you see the Superbowl? Don't think they tend to fade super bowl winning rookies in year 2. Not even close to the Ekeler type. And he's NOT a handcuff he's the clear highest upside guy on that team with both third down and goal line on week 1.

7 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Clement is a better pass catcher than Jamaal Williams too. Didn't you see the Superbowl? Don't think they tend to fade super bowl winning rookies in year 2. Not even close to the Ekeler type. And he's NOT a handcuff he's the clear highest upside guy on that team with both third down and goal line on week 1.

Goal line? Wouldn't that be Ajayi? Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Not sure if he's a better runner than Ajayi, but I think he's a MUCH better receiver. Should at least be the third down/receiving back unless Sproles is still decent.