Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

With Sproles back the Philly backfield is going to be a frustrating mess in 2018. Ajayi will have value when he scores. Same goes for Clement or Sproles. But predicting those scores is anyone's guess. Clement looks like the change of pace back now to spell Ajayi and Sproles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devaster said:

With Sproles back the Philly backfield is going to be a frustrating mess in 2018. Ajayi will have value when he scores. Same goes for Clement or Sproles. But predicting those scores is anyone's guess. Clement looks like the change of pace back now to spell Ajayi and Sproles.

 

I think Sproles will have a very minimum role in the offense. I wouldn't expect much at all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

 

I think Sproles will have a very minimum role in the offense. I wouldn't expect much at all. 

Sproles wouldn't be brought back if that were the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, devaster said:

Sproles wouldn't be brought back if that were the case.

 

Depth. They just won a Superbowl without him. And he's older now & coming off of 2 injuries. He's cheap insurance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

 

Depth. They just won a Superbowl without him. And he's older now & coming off of 2 injuries. He's cheap insurance.

Sproles is making 1M guaranteed, and up to 1.433M... that’s a depth role.

 

Sproles can be very effective in small volume, but he’s irrelevant for fantasy.

 

Ajayi grades better than average.  He was effective last year with 5.8yrs/carry but the RBBC worked for the Eagles.  Clement was 4.3 and average.

 

Both RB’s have about equal attempts & catches in 2017.  Ajayi might double his workload in 2018, but he’s overrated for fantasy.

 

Clement had 4TDs vs. Ajayi’s 1

Edited by seanismorris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seanismorris said:

Sproles is making 1M guaranteed, and up to 1.433M... that’s a depth role.

 

Sproles can be very effective in small volume, but he’s irrelevant for fantasy.

 

Ajayi grades better than average.  He was effective last year with 5.8yrs/carry but the RBBC worked for the Eagles.  Clement was 4.3 and average.

 

Both RB’s have about equal attempts & catches in 2017.  Ajayi might double his workload in 2018, but he’s overrated for fantasy.

 

Clement had 4TDs vs. Ajayi’s 1

 

Very good breakdown and I think that's about right. Ajayi with a full season in the system should definitely see more reps. I think the Ajayi/Clement combo with some Sproles on the backside is a nice backfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the player, and hate the backfield situation.  Could be like 6 RB's carrying the ball back there this year.  Worth a last round pick in PPR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kdko said:

I love the player, and hate the backfield situation.  Could be like 6 RB's carrying the ball back there this year.  Worth a last round pick in PPR

 

I'll be taking a late round flyer on him in Standard. He won't be available in the last round though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the coach really likes sproles i think he will get some touches for sure 

i'll be avoiding this backfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

the coach really likes sproles i think he will get some touches for sure 

i'll be avoiding this backfield 

 

I agree. They'll be a very productive backfield as a whole but there's not 1 that I'd go out of my way for. Only so much ball to go around. Pederson would run 10 running backs out there if he could. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DancingGnome said:

Love the player but is going to be next to impossible to predict his usage.

 

True, but I do think he'll get a lot of the red zone touches. Especially with Blount gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you draft Clement to start for your roster or with the idea that you will get immediate payback... you draft him for the upside.

He's already on the field and is already used in red zone packages.

The upside is the lion's share of touches in the Eagles backfield if Ajayi craps the bed or gets dinged.

It wouldn't be Sproles or Smallwood.

 

Immediate value suggests Clement is a fantasy flex or, more likely, a fantasy bench player for your roster until things shake out.

I think we got a taste last season and Clement will be more involved more regularly this year.

He's still in the flyer category, but there is a lot of upside here.  

Edited by Winky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, some of you guys are really undervaluing Clement. I much rather have Clement at his current 10th round ADP than Ajayi at his 3rd round price. I'm not sold on Ajayi the player despite being in a favorable situation with a superior coaching staff, offensive line and overall personnel. Putting stats aside, Clement just looked more electric and dynamic on tape in a limited role. Time will tell if an increased workload will expose some of his weaknesses and negatively impact Clement, however in my opinion, I think this is one of those back of the roster guys that you get who can be for cheap and could become an absolute stud for you in 2018. I'm targeting him everywhere in PPR leagues.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Wow, some of you guys are really undervaluing Clement. I much rather have Clement at his current 10th round ADP than Ajayi at his 3rd round price. I'm not sold on Ajayi the player despite being in a favorable situation with a superior coaching staff, offensive line and overall personnel. Putting stats aside, Clement just looked more electric and dynamic on tape in a limited role. Time will tell if an increased workload will expose some of his weaknesses and negatively impact Clement, however in my opinion, I think this is one of those back of the roster guys that you get who can be for cheap and could become an absolute stud for you in 2018. I'm targeting him everywhere in PPR leagues.

 

I lean towards Winky’s post: Clement will sit in the bench and Ajayi will be on the active roster, though he’d be better in the FLEX spot than the RB2 space. And I agree with you that Round 3 is too costly for Ajayi (whereas Clement is “free”), but I’m seeing Round 4 (and even 5) for Ajayi, and in auction all over the place ($10 to $42, where anything above $30 seems insane). And while it’s true Clement has shown us electric action, the situation might end up being analogous to Jalen Richard: man, he’s looked explosive with the ball, but he’s buried on the depth chart and thereby underutilized, eliciting reactions by fans similar to Clement: put that guy in. (True, the now-four-man-backfield in Oakland might not make this truly analogous, but I think Sproles will be used more than people think: he also—somehow still—looked shifty and quick and even electric before injury, and the Eagles might simply use him until the wheels fall off.) All that said, Ajayi in Best Ball seems a solid bet, and although we might not see three 200-yard games, one—on this solid offense, solid line, solid D— wouldn’t surprise me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Wow, some of you guys are really undervaluing Clement. I much rather have Clement at his current 10th round ADP than Ajayi at his 3rd round price. I'm not sold on Ajayi the player despite being in a favorable situation with a superior coaching staff, offensive line and overall personnel. Putting stats aside, Clement just looked more electric and dynamic on tape in a limited role. Time will tell if an increased workload will expose some of his weaknesses and negatively impact Clement, however in my opinion, I think this is one of those back of the roster guys that you get who can be for cheap and could become an absolute stud for you in 2018. I'm targeting him everywhere in PPR leagues.

Sproles back hurts Clement quite a bit. The Eagles wouldn't be bringing Sproles back if they didn't plan on utilizing him in the passing game and on punt returns. Clement was a hero in the SB and playoffs, but he was a bit player in the regular season. And while I was high on Clement making the team, he never looked electric or dynamic running the football. He was productive in the pre-season and when called upon though. And that is what matters. He has good hands.

 

I don't like the ADP's of any of the Eagles' backs except Sproles right now. Maybe if Ajayi falls into the 4th-5th rounds he becomes appealing, but not in the 3rd. I can agree with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hands, vision, balance, toughness.  The offense will be very efficient with Clement on the field.  His role will grow this year.  He's kinda like Burkhead, but better.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, devaster said:

Sproles back hurts Clement quite a bit. The Eagles wouldn't be bringing Sproles back if they didn't plan on utilizing him in the passing game and on punt returns. Clement was a hero in the SB and playoffs, but he was a bit player in the regular season. And while I was high on Clement making the team, he never looked electric or dynamic running the football. He was productive in the pre-season and when called upon though. And that is what matters. He has good hands.

 

I don't like the ADP's of any of the Eagles' backs except Sproles right now. Maybe if Ajayi falls into the 4th-5th rounds he becomes appealing, but not in the 3rd. I can agree with that.

 

I don't think Sproles being back will hurt his touches any more than Blount did. Pederson is very good at getting guys in the right situation. I think you'll see his production increase if anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the player, no idea how to project his usage 

 

It seems like Sproles is going to have a legit role and is basically available for free ... viewing Clement as an Ajayi handcuff as of now 

 

Seems like Clement does a little bit of what both Ajayi/Sproles excel at ... definitely on my radar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Love the player, no idea how to project his usage 

 

It seems like Sproles is going to have a legit role and is basically available for free ... viewing Clement as an Ajayi handcuff as of now 

 

Seems like Clement does a little bit of what both Ajayi/Sproles excel at ... definitely on my radar

 

Agree 100%. He's a good player to have on your roster if available late. I wouldn't go too far out of my way to draft any Eagles RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

had six TD's last year 4 rushing 2 passing

 

good bye week fill in, one injury away from lead back duties

 

could be a good late round add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this guy as a late round pick. I think he splits much more than people expect with Ajayi. Maybe 60/40 and if he plays as well as he did last year I think that can go to 50/50. That O-line is serious and I expect the Eagles to be up early and often in most games so they will run a lot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

I love this guy as a late round pick. I think he splits much more than people expect with Ajayi. Maybe 60/40 and if he plays as well as he did last year I think that can go to 50/50. That O-line is serious and I expect the Eagles to be up early and often in most games so they will run a lot.

 

was very prolific around the end zone last year

 

could be the preferred back inside the 20

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dorsett33 said:

Had a great super bowl game.  As the clear cut #2 he should be a good pick at his ADP.  

Might have the best upside of any back up running back. If Ajayi goes down, the sky is the limit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.