Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

It's unbelievable to think he went undrafted out of college. He was a stud at Wisconsin and he's already paid dividends in the NFL.

Concerns since he isn't practicing and they are saying that he should be ready for week 1?

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

Concerns since he isn't practicing and they are saying that he should be ready for week 1?

If I get Clement (late) I'm not really taking him for week 1.  More like I'm looking for his role to increase throughout and become sharable midseason. And of course, there's the possibility of injury to Ajayi down the line

• Like 1

Based on everything said in this thread thus far, he's a must-own handcuff to Ajayi owners.

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Based on everything said in this thread thus far, he's a must-own handcuff to Ajayi owners.

Due to the system they run I don't think any Eagles RB is a "must own". There's just not enough balls to go around.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

If I get Clement (late) I'm not really taking him for week 1.  More like I'm looking for his role to increase throughout and become sharable midseason. And of course, there's the possibility of injury to Ajayi down the line

I agree with you, I'm just concerned a bit about the actual injury.  All I read is that it was lower body and he might be ready for week 1.  A month and they aren't sure he is good to go worries me.  Could just be me and preseason jitters! :lol:

12 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

If Ajayi goes down, Smallwood gets more carries.

Clement is an ideal COP back.  Throw him in for a few plays and watch the magic.

• Like 1

Clement has cleaned up a ton of little things since his college days. This FO/Staff really likes him. He's done well with his opps.

All I will say is that Ajayi is really hard to trust long-term with that knee conditions, he's in his last year of contract. Sproles is playing 1 more season. CC is sort of a stealthy dynasty target imo. Cost is likely rather low and potential pay-off is really high. Plus he will be relevant this season too.

1 hour ago, jmausen said:

If Ajayi goes down, Smallwood gets more carries.

Clement is an ideal COP back.  Throw him in for a few plays and watch the magic.

Smallwood won't be an Eagle in 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, South Carolina said:

Smallwood won't be an Eagle in 2 weeks.

Hope your right but the constant rumblings for a rb buried deep continues. They like the guy. 

Surprised to see a team in my league drop this cat just prior to our FA Veteran draft. Is there something I'm missing? Possible long term injury?

*even with the ? label regarding Week 1, I'm not too worried, as I don't mind drafting him for potential. I have the 4th, 5th and 6th picks, so I'd snatch him up if he's still there...

I'm staying far away from Ajayi this year.  Clement is the RB to own in Philly.  When they got close to the GL last year he was there guy while Ajayi barely saw the field.  The Eagles like this guy and will continue to keep him heavily involved in the rotation.  Solid RB3/flex play

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Avoiding all things Eagles this year.  Eagles are a trap!!!!

Only Ertz, he's straight money. Other than Ertz I wouldn't touch any Eagle. Except for Wentzy of course. 

On 8/17/2018 at 4:35 PM, dudewithabadcat said:

Avoiding all things Eagles this year.  Eagles are a trap!!!!

Agree generally, but Clement and Agholor might be good value picks in later rounds.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:07 AM, Sternes said:

I agree with you, I'm just concerned a bit about the actual injury.  All I read is that it was lower body and he might be ready for week 1.  A month and they aren't sure he is good to go worries me.  Could just be me and preseason jitters! :lol:

I basically go into the season assuming that my players are only going to play 3/4th of the season.  Therefore, I need depth.  If I pick up Clement late and he only takes off the last four ffb games of the season, so be it.

On 8/15/2018 at 11:56 PM, South Carolina said:

Due to the system they run I don't think any Eagles RB is a "must own". There's just not enough balls to go around.

Of course he is must-own for Ajayi owners... which is what was said... he's being taken very late... Eagles have one of the best lines in the league... one of the best offenses in the league... and he's very good...with enough injury luck he could have RB1 weeks... 

36 minutes ago, confusedmrkrabs said:

Of course he is must-own for Ajayi owners... which is what was said... he's being taken very late... Eagles have one of the best lines in the league... one of the best offenses in the league... and he's very good...with enough injury luck he could have RB1 weeks... 

Disagree. I'm not sure Ajayi is a must own. Clement & Ertz will be getting the bulk red zone action. That's just the system Dougy P runs. There's not enough balls to go around.

Just now, South Carolina said:

Disagree. I'm not sure Ajayi is a must own. Clement & Ertz will be getting the bulk red zone action. That's just the system Dougy P runs. There's not enough balls to go around.

Pretty ridiculous to say the RB1 of any team isn't must-own...

1 minute ago, confusedmrkrabs said:

Pretty ridiculous to say the RB1 of any team isn't must-own...

If you think Ajayi is a "must own" your wrong. Ajayi will get the bulk of the yardage but Clement will have better fantasy stats at years end. 

Do we really need half a page of posts arguing the semantics of "must own"? FWIW common sense would tell you that "must own" and "should be 100% drafted in all leagues" would mean the same thing. 

But we get it - Ajayi isn't a player that excites to the point of you feeling you need to have him. That said, there should be enough rushing stats on this team to make at least one RB a decent play all year. 

34 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Do we really need half a page of posts arguing the semantics of "must own"? FWIW common sense would tell you that "must own" and "should be 100% drafted in all leagues" would mean the same thing. 

But we get it - Ajayi isn't a player that excites to the point of you feeling you need to have him. That said, there should be enough rushing stats on this team to make at least one RB a decent play all year. 

I don't like either in this offense but with a gun to my head I'm taking Clement. I think he'll get the bulk of red sone & 3rd down work. He won't get the rushing yardage but he will make up for it in receptions & TD's.

If I had to add a 'sparkline' to add some sort of visualization on which way the PHI running backs are heading, my excel geeks know what I am talking about...this is how it would look:

Ajayi - Flat - forecasting flat for the rest of his life (which is fine)

Sproles - Flat with slight decline - forecasting retirement but I still like this guy for all he has done for me.

Clement - Slight increase - forecasting big pop like bitcoin