Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, dzemens said:

I think theyd prefer to trade for back end defensive help before an RB. Its not an ideal situation but they can make that RBBC work with what they have. Depending on Peters they might be looking to acquire an OL at some point too. He looked rough last night which isnt to be unexpected at 36 coming off injury but at some point father time catches us all. 

Oh, yeah.  They definitely have bigger needs than RB.  Just kind of making a subtle joke about how Philly trading for a RB would be such a fantasy-football thing to do, raining all over our parade :lol:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Clement and Smallwood both are not capable of being reliable workhorse RB's for PHI.

I wouldn't matter if one were capable.  Pederson would still go RBBC.

I don't understand how anyone is trying to argue about "who's the workhorse" in regards to this team. There won't be one.

The questions are who gets the carries/ who gets the targets/ who gets the goal line?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

that's all well and good but not sure why you have to bite anyone's head off who calls this an ugly RBBC, which is EXACTLY WHAT IT IS

I'm not sure I agree about "ugly" RBBC... Clement will at least provide flex value. At the end of the day, he'll be getting 15 touches in a depleted backfield on good offense with positive game scripts. I'll take it in PPR as a bye week filler or flex.

Edited by RoboFroogs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

Oh, yeah.  They definitely have bigger needs than RB.  Just kind of making a subtle joke about how Philly trading for a RB would be such a fantasy-football thing to do, raining all over our parade :lol:

Not as a Shady owner!!!  :D

gimme that trade.   Then they can all have 8 touches and we’ll suffer lol

1 minute ago, this guy right here said:

I wouldn't matter if one were capable.  Pederson would still go RBBC.

I don't understand how anyone is trying to argue about "who's the workhorse" in regards to this team. There won't be one.

The questions are who gets the carries/ who gets the targets/ who gets the goal line?

I don't agree at all. You think L. Bell or a healthy McCoy wouldn't dominate the backfield?

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Not as a Shady owner!!!  :D

gimme that trade.   Then they can all have 8 touches and we’ll suffer lol

Basically.  A trade would not only ruin Clement and Smallwood, but it would probably be a hit to the value of whoever they are bringing in.  *sigh*

edit: actually, 8 touches for Shady in this offense is probably worth more than 20 on the Bills

Edited by JJ1223

Just now, JJ1223 said:

Basically.  A trade would not only ruin Clement and Smallwood, but it would probably be a hit to the value of whoever they are bringing in.  *sigh*

Yep.  Neither of these backs knows the offense right?  

Just now, JJ1223 said:

Smallwood for SURE would be ruined. But I think Clement still has a role as long as Sproles is out. Say they trade for Bell, Shady, or even Tevin Coleman... I don't know that they will feed one RB 30 touches. It will probably be more like RB1 15-20 (assuming trade), Clement 10-12 (5 rush/5 catch). 

Just now, RoboFroogs said:

Smallwood for SURE would be ruined. But I think Clement still has a role as long as Sproles is out. Say they trade for Bell, Shady, or even Tevin Coleman... I don't know that they will feed one RB 30 touches. It will probably be more like RB1 15-20 (assuming trade), Clement 10-12 (5 rush/5 catch). 

Not a role you’re likely to feel comfortable ever starting him.    A trade is pretty much curtains for fantasy purposes 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

Corey was borderline fantasy-irrelevant with Ajayi as the lead back.  Bell, Shady, Howard, and even Coleman are all probably upgrades from Ajayi.  Any of those trades makes Coleman nothing more than the handcuff he was before Ajayi got hurt.  With or without Sproles IMO, but of course I could be wrong.

Edited by JJ1223
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Not a role you’re likely to feel comfortable ever starting him.    A trade is pretty much curtains for fantasy purposes 

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

Corey was borderline fantasy-irrelevant with Ajayi as the lead back.  Bell, Shady, Howard, and even Coleman are all probably upgrades from Ajayi.  Any of those trades makes Coleman nothing more than the handcuff he was before Ajayi got hurt.

Maybe, it's all speculation. My point is that he would still have a role unlike Smallwood who is 100% worthless in the event they trade for someone. IF it fell that way, Clement could still be startable in the right matchups or as a flex. I really doubt they trade for Bell or Shady though. If they did trade, it would have to be for a guy like Tevin or Howard and I doubt Howard is even available for trade. Trading for Bell only makes sense if they plan on signing him next year (which they could with Foles coming off the books, but they are going to have to pay a lot to Wentz soon).

Given their cap situation, I think they probably just stick with their guys for now. 

Lots of doubters in here. I'm sorry you missed this train.

LAST NIGHT  

Coach says he is on a "pitch count" - It is was obvious he was going to get limited snaps

Corey still produces numbers. Gets plenty of designed plays for him in the redzone.

Smallwood fumbles and looks like a JAG.

MOVING FORWARD

Eagles have ten days of rest. The pitch count will be over. Clement is obviously the lead back. Smallwood is the handcuff

REJOICE OWNERS - You have a league winner

Corey will out produce backs like James Connor ROS.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, clarkevii said:

You have a league winner

lmao getting real sick of hearing this term in all the scrub RB threads

• Like 2

Just now, clarkevii said:

Lots of doubters in here. I'm sorry you missed this train.

LAST NIGHT  

Coach says he is on a "pitch count" - It is was obvious he was going to get limited snaps

Corey still produces numbers. Gets plenty of designed plays for him in the redzone.

Smallwood fumbles and looks like a JAG.

MOVING FORWARD

Eagles have ten days of rest. The pitch count will be over. Clement is obviously the lead back. Smallwood is the handcuff

REJOICE OWNERS - You have a league winner

LMAAAAOOOOOOO!!!

Because that’s how philly does things.   All us Clement haters just don’t know. 

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

lmao getting real sick of hearing this term in all the scrub RB threads

I agree. Clement is far from a league winner. He is a bye week winner and injury fill-in winner. He isn't Kamara from last season. Or Hunt. Or any of the other RB/WR that are found on waivers or drafted late and end up being top-10.

• Like 2

FACT: Corey was on a "pitch count" last night

FACT: Corey gets the bulk of redzone looks

FACT: Corey (despite a pitch count) puts up 14.5 Half PPR points

FACT: Corey gets 10 days of rest and the pitch count is over

FACT: Corey is getting more touches / plus redzone touches in a TOP FIVE offense moving forward

FACT: Smallwood is the lesser back and showed it last night especially with the fumble

Picking up Clement is akin to picking up Dion Lewis last year. He will be a league winner.

images.jpeg.d08965c29ab0fe72b7f957c58b08f3a6.jpeg

Edited by phatrat
Name calling removed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

I agree. Clement is far from a league winner. He is a bye week winner and injury fill-in winner. He isn't Kamara from last season. Or Hunt. Or any of the other RB/WR that are found on waivers or drafted late and end up being top-10.

Maybe a league winner in the same sense Tim Hightower was a "league winner" a few years ago? I don't know that anyone is arguing that he's Kamara good. But if there's no trade, I will take RB2 numbers from Clement and consider that a win.

To me, potential league winners are guys like Chubb, RoJo, Mack, Kerryon or even White/Michel, Ridley or Conner. It's possible there's no Kamara pick up or that pick up was already made a few weeks ago with one of the breakout rookies or RBs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

FACT: Corey was on a "pitch count" last night

FACT: Corey gets the bulk of redzone looks

FACT: Corey (despite a pitch count) puts up 14.5 Half PPR points

FACT: Corey gets 10 days of rest and the pitch count is over

FACT: Corey is getting more touches / plus redzone touches in a TOP FIVE offense moving forward

FACT: Smallwood is the lesser back and showed it last night especially with the fumble

Picking up Clement is akin to picking up Dion Lewis last year. He will be a league winner.

images.jpeg.d08965c29ab0fe72b7f957c58b08f3a6.jpeg

FACT:   You don’t know what a FACT is

but since you like spin-  here’s a different one

Oct 11: Smallwood rushed 18 times for 51 yards and brought in one of two targets for no gain in the Eagles' 34-13 win over the Giants on Thursday. He also fumbled once but recovered. It was Smallwood and not Corey Clement who took on lead-back duties Thursday in the wake of Jay Ajayi's season-ending knee injury, although Clement outgained him by 18 total yards due to his work through the air. Smallwood found running room hard to come by, but he demonstrated his ability to handle a heavy workload by logging a career-high number of carries. Given the similarities in skill set between Smallwood and Clement, the two could have interchangeable roles week-to-week moving forward. Smallwood will look to improve his overall production in a Week 7 matchup against the Panthers.

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

FACT:   You don’t know what a FACT is

but since you like spin-  here’s a different one

Oct 11: Smallwood rushed 18 times for 51 yards and brought in one of two targets for no gain in the Eagles' 34-13 win over the Giants on Thursday. He also fumbled once but recovered. It was Smallwood and not Corey Clement who took on lead-back duties Thursday in the wake of Jay Ajayi's season-ending knee injury, although Clement outgained him by 18 total yards due to his work through the air. Smallwood found running room hard to come by, but he demonstrated his ability to handle a heavy workload by logging a career-high number of carries. Given the similarities in skill set between Smallwood and Clement, the two could have interchangeable roles week-to-week moving forward. Smallwood will look to improve his overall production in a Week 7 matchup against the Panthers.

In typical fashion, that blurb is idiotic. How you can post that blurb and not make any mention of Clement being on a snap count is beyond me and just flat out terrible journalism. 

Look, Clement isn't likely a league winner. He won't get enough of a bell cow role for him to be one. However, he will be a serviceable RB2 without Ajayi. In the last game Ajayi missed he got 19 touches and he is clearly a better player than Smallwood. Plus, the offense looks like it is finally starting to find itself and look elite again. If they do not sign another back, he will be a RB2 that was picked in the last few rounds in the draft. Is it this years Kamara? No, not even close. However, it very well may make him the best value pick of the season. 

• Like 2

I liked what I saw from Clement last night. He clearly looked like the superior back when he had the ball, he got a few catches and punched in a short TD. Im very encouraged by what I sawlast night. As long as Philly doesnt bring in Shady or Bell I think he will produce 

Put him in an hour before the game and left to help a friend move some things. Fortunately did not see the comments on "pitch count" or that Smallwood was starting. I would have likely pulled him out. 

For those of us that played him, we did get lucky. Not sure how reliable he will be going forward but I'm pretty optimistic as long as Philly does not grab another back via trade. 

Edited by ADDwithFF

16 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

In typical fashion, that blurb is idiotic. How you can post that blurb and not make any mention of Clement being on a snap count is beyond me and just flat out terrible journalism. 

Look, Clement isn't likely a league winner. He won't get enough of a bell cow role for him to be one. However, he will be a serviceable RB2 without Ajayi. In the last game Ajayi missed he got 19 touches and he is clearly a better player than Smallwood. Plus, the offense looks like it is finally starting to find itself and look elite again. If they do not sign another back, he will be a RB2 that was picked in the last few rounds in the draft. Is it this years Kamara? No, not even close. However, it very well may make him the best value pick of the season. 

No more idiotic than spouting opinions on future workload splits and calling them FACTS. 

I did warn you it was spin lol.  

My take after last nights game 

Clement is the back I rather own. The Eagles are high scoring offense, I have to predict CC will be valuable for any fantasy team. 

Smallwood & Sproles I believe should pick up the other snaps in the Eagle offense. 

Things can can change if they make a trade. 

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

Sproles is 35 and couldn't even make it through 1 game. He'll probably get a couple of snaps a game or inevitably pick up another injury. Smallwood is junk, had like 3 or 4 bonehead plays/fumbles tonight and got outperformed by a guy on a snap count. Did Josh Adams even see the field? 

Clement RB2 RoS. The only concern for me is a trade for Shady/DJ/Bell/etc.

Hey you gotta dream right..

1 hour ago, clarkevii said:

Lots of doubters in here. 

I will take that bet