Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

Clement will be a league-winner when Smallwood gets hurt and PHI trades for nobody.

Then again, Adams is on the bench.....waiting.

Not sold on Clement, he seems reckless with his body.  His first two touches yesterday he got destroyed, and I was surprised he got up.  Not sure if that's a pattern, and he's prone to injury or what, but it was slightly alarming to me.  He's clearly better than Smallwood, which has been known for some time, but I'm not sure he can last with any substantial workload without doing a better job protecting himself.

12 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

No more idiotic than spouting opinions on future workload splits and calling them FACTS. 

I did warn you it was spin lol.  

While I agree that calling them facts is a bit much, almost everything points to Clement having a noticeably larger workload than Smallwood and Sproles. 

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

While I agree that calling them facts is a bit much, almost everything points to Clement having a noticeably larger workload than Smallwood and Sproles. 

Which is what some of us have been saying the entire time. That doesn't equate to "league winner" at all though.

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I think he’s earned it- not sure he’ll get it in this offense or stay healthy....but you hope the philly coaches saw the difference in talent.   Something like 15 touches to 12 wouldn’t surprise me in the least. 

Edited by Impreza178

Can Clement be trusted as an every down back, even when healthy? Or is there a reason we keep hearing trade rumors and everyone saying the Eagles need a true back.

1 minute ago, austin316 said:

all you guys arguing have way too much time on  your hands.

I'd make the case you need more time on your hands to be condescending. 

• Haha 5

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Can Clement be trusted as an every down back, even when healthy? Or is there a reason we keep hearing trade rumors and everyone saying the Eagles need a true back.

No that's why no one is making the case for him being an every down back. I would say something like 55% Clement, 25% Smallwood, and 20% Sproles. The argument is that workload will be enough for him to sustain solid production due to the offense. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

No that's why no one is making the case for him being an every down back. I would say something like 55% Clement, 25% Smallwood, and 20% Sproles. The argument is that workload will be enough for him to sustain solid production due to the offense. 

I thinks Smallwood becomes third once Sproles comes back.  We'll get a Clement/Sproles show.  Pederson loves Sproles in pass catching situations.

y'all need to breathe and drink a pint of beer

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

I thinks Smallwood becomes third once Sproles comes back.  We'll get a Clement/Sproles show.  Pederson loves Sproles in pass catching situations.

That's possible. The problem is, Clement has had injury issues as mentioned before. That's a big reason for all the trade talks. If he were to go down, they have absolutely no one. That's really the only reason Smallwood would get that much work.

12 minutes ago, devaster said:

Which is what some of us have been saying the entire time. That doesn't equate to "league winner" at all though.

True but league winner can be relative. If Clement can stay productive and healthy he can provide the RB2 many fantasy teams are craving for. Outside of the top elite backs there are tons of underperforming backfields, especially for owners that took guys like Henry or Lewis.

Having a guy like Clement post similar numbers to last night can really help push a decent team into a contender.

• Thanks 1

I'm amazed Clement was available in any leagues after week 1 though. I'm in a 10-teamer standard (5 RB limit) and he has been owned the entire season. Still a nice depth for whichever team has owned him.

3 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

True but league winner can be relative. If Clement can stay productive and healthy he can provide the RB2 many fantasy teams are craving for. Outside of the top elite backs there are tons of underperforming backfields, especially for owners that took guys like Henry or Lewis.

Having a guy like Clement post similar numbers to last night can really help push a decent team into a contender.

Fair enough... it’s a vague term- You can make a case about any backup rb thrust into a starting role.  

Or breakout/value wr.    

Since we’re here...lol

TJ Yeldon

Conner 

Alshon-  He was cheap after the injury news

tyler boyd

calvin ridley 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I'd make the case you need more time on your hands to be condescending. 

Clement is a RB2/Flex, period. It is not rocket science. He is worth chatting about but not arguing about all these hypothetical fantasies pertaining to his value. Take his production (like last night) for what it's worth and make decisions accordingly. Get off your computer and go out and make some money or chat up a pretty girl instead of this Clement circle jerk.

12 hours ago, devaster said:

Smallwood had an opportunity for fantasy relevance this week, but not at a long-term role usurping Clement. Clement was always the RB to own.

I have Clement in several leagues--had him as a cuff for Ajayi several places and picked him up elsewhere. He was the better bet but it wasn't a lock that he would emerge as the committee leader. Smallwood has played fairly well this year.

Clement actually has a reasonable path to like 2/3 of the workload. He's better than Smallwood at running, catching, and pass protection. Sproles can't stay healthy at his age and Josh Adams is apparently a big JAG. Only concern is a midseason trade for an RB.

I doubt any Philly RB will get 2/3 of the work. The only scenario I can see that happening is if they acquire a RB like McCoy but even then they rotate RBs in large part to keep them healthy (ironic!) and fresh, not necessarily because they think they don't have a RB capable of being a work horse (Ajayi proved he could be that in Miami).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Clement is a RB2/Flex, period. It is not rocket science. He is worth chatting about but not arguing about all these hypothetical fantasies pertaining to his value. Take his production (like last night) for what it's worth and make decisions accordingly. Get off your computer and go out and make some money or chat up a pretty girl instead of this Clement circle jerk.

PS- All of us Clement believers have been saying for the past 2-3 months on this thread this exact scenario and opportunity would happen for Clement...

Not a shocker.

8 minutes ago, austin316 said:

1 minute ago, austin316 said:

PS- All of us Clement believers have been saying for the past 2-3 months on this thread this exact scenario and opportunity would happen for Clement...

Not a shocker.

Shouldn't you be out chatting up some girls and making money instead of replying to your own comments on a fantasy football site?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Shouldn't you be out chatting up some girls and making money instead of replying to your own comments on a fantasy football site?

Thanks for the advice, babe.

Judging my your user name, pretty sure you were my Clement buddy a couple months ago. Not sure what has changed in Clement's outlook that you keep going on and on about the guy...

Also, of course I reply to myself when I need expert advice.

Edited by austin316

RB3.  Mediocre talent and RBBC.  Only thing giving him flex appeal is expected goal line work.  

5 minutes ago, Leopard said:

How are we liking clement this week vs the panthers? 

A banged-up Adrian Peterson just put up 97 yards on 17 carries on them. Clement should be a decent flex again this week.

• Thanks 1