Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

Just now, smeeze said:

Clement doesn't fit the mold of a 3rd down/satellite back at all... he's 5'10", 220 lbs and his player comp on Playerprofiler.com is actually Alex Collins. Clement could definitely handle 1st and 2nd down work he's just in a crowded backfield at the moment...

Buying at his ADP.

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Buying at his ADP.

Hell yeah. 10th round in standard leagues.

54 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Hell yeah. 10th round in standard leagues.

11 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm finding him that late (or later) in PPR.  On Wisconsin!!!!!

if im'ma invest in a piece of this Iggles backfield yer damn straight it's CC in the 10th rather than Ajayi in the 4th/5th.  

this, mi amigos, is called a no brainer. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, throwaway9614 said:

Scooped him up round 12 half ppr. That's wassup!

I got him around there as well. Why are you so excited about it? 

Struggling with the decision for my last roster spot: handcuffing up Melvin Gordon with Ekeler vs. the upside of Clement, especially with the mysterious ailment of Ajayi.

Thoughts on Clements upside? Any updates on Ajayi's injury (I can't find anything, it just seems like he hasn't practiced in almost 2 weeks). 

1 minute ago, nyg350 said:

Struggling with the decision for my last roster spot: handcuffing up Melvin Gordon with Ekeler vs. the upside of Clement, especially with the mysterious ailment of Ajayi.

Thoughts on Clements upside? Any updates on Ajayi's injury (I can't find anything, it just seems like he hasn't practiced in almost 2 weeks). 

Ajayi will always be up in the air. Some say he has bone on bone issues and will never be fully healthy. I think Clement is special nonetheless. If you draft Ajayi then drafting Clement is a MUST. 

3 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Ajayi will always be up in the air. Some say he has bone on bone issues and will never be fully healthy. I think Clement is special nonetheless. If you draft Ajayi then drafting Clement is a MUST. 

What happens if Ajayi does miss time? What's the Clement/Smallwood/Sproles split?

Edited by ajs723

23 hours ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

I got him around there as well. Why are you so excited about it? 

Late round RB with potential. All aboard the hype-train. Cho-choo!

Just now, ajs723 said:

What happens if Ajayi does miss time? What's the Clement/Smallwood/Sproles split?

Just that. Clement will be the guy with Smallwood getting some valuable snaps. Dougy P loves Clement. He's not afraid to use Clement in any situation. For

me Clement is one of the safest picks.

Just now, ajs723 said:

60 CC

40 Smallwood & Sproles

but my gut tells me CC is one of the top sleepers this year. We got a glimpse of his capability in the SB (4 receptions, 100 yards, 1 TD).

5’11” 215 lbs, 4.6 40, solid

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

60 CC

40 Smallwood & Sproles

but my gut tells me CC is one of the top sleepers this year. We got a glimpse of his capability in the SB (4 receptions, 100 yards, 1 TD).

5’11” 215 lbs, 4.6 40, solid

Agree. He's the real deal. He was an absolute stud in College. It's absolutely mind boggling that he wasn't drafted.

Clement is the man. I think we'll see him having some RB1 games here and there and most def if Ajayi misses time. Watch him on YouTube, oh my. Runs hungry while also having hands and finesse.

Super Bowl performance sold me on Clement. He was a big weapon in the pass game. Interested to see where he fits in that role now that Sproles is back. 

My hope is Clement plays well and can take a 20 or 30 percent share of touches from Ajayi and get maybe 6-8 rushes a game. Obviously the real upside is if/when Ajayi is hurt.

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Just a handcuff. Why all the excitement?  Ajaji is the clear #1.

Look deeper than the surface level information bro.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

LOL

Here's how Ajayi is gonna look... More silence and DNPs.... Then the day before a sudden week 1 inactive. Then will be week 2, then halfway through week 3 we will hear about a "minor procedure", then maybe he will come back but by then Clement is already an RB1.

Book it

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Ajayi has a bone on bone knee condition, though, and has been out for 2 weeks with a "lower body" injury right now.  I think it's worth discussing Clement.

6 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

because Ajayi may be hurt now? He hasn't practiced in about 2 weeks, but the Eagles are not talking about this. (Last update I can find is from August 28th saying he hasn't practiced in 8 days)

Easily the best handcuff to own in the league. Maybe James Conner is next. no back would benefit more than clement if the lead runner went down where the case is clearly a 1 & 2 situation (meaning not counting the Broncos or Seahawks basically)

If you have Ajayi, this guy is a must own. But he will provide value at some point this year for those that don’t own Ajayi.

22 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

LOL

Here's how Ajayi is gonna look... More silence and DNPs.... Then the day before a sudden week 1 inactive. Then will be week 2, then halfway through week 3 we will hear about a "minor procedure", then maybe he will come back but by then Clement is already an RB1.

Book it

BANG

Even as someone who dealt Clement away this off-season, there's no reason not to be excited about CC. 

He's versatile, has the trust of the staff, has proven capable in the redzone, and should have a nice role regardless of Ajayi's health.