Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

I'm rolling him out as my RB2 if Dalvin can't go, got both Conner and Carson on bye.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:51 PM, Rainyy said:

RB3.  Mediocre talent and RBBC.  Only thing giving him flex appeal is expected goal line work.  

say wha?

On 10/12/2018 at 10:51 AM, Rainyy said:

RB3.  Mediocre talent and RBBC.  Only thing giving him flex appeal is expected goal line work.  

One of the funniest things on this forum is when people that clearly don't own a player come into a thread with nothing to offer other than to put that player down. My theory is it derives from the fear of missing out on a commodity that could have easily been had. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, dsaints said:

What are we thinking for Corey ROS? 

If their RB roster stays the same he is an RB2 with low end RB1 upside. He can run, catch, and is their GL back. While he isn't an incredible player he is the most complete player on an offense with a great line and an offense that is finely performing like the top 5 offense they are. That by default makes you extremely valuable in the RB wasteland and gives you RB1 upside. In comparison, Breida is currently an RB1 and as far as i'm concerned Clement is in a far better situation. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

If their RB roster stays the same he is an RB2 with low end RB1 upside. He can run, catch, and is their GL back. While he isn't an incredible player he is the most complete player on an offense with a great line and an offense that is finely performing like the top 5 offense they are. That by default makes you extremely valuable in the RB wasteland and gives you RB1 upside. In comparison, Breida is currently an RB1 and as far as i'm concerned Clement is in a far better situation. 

I don't think he has RB1 upside as a fan of the team. Solidly in the RB2 discussion though. Breida is in a far more RB-friendly scheme. Shanny Sr. and Jr. have shown over 20+ years that their scheme can make fantasy studs out of complete JAGs. While Clement is likely to be in a more prolific offense, the scheme is not as friendly for fantasy RB production. The RBBC limits his upside and that isn't going away regardless of how many RBs in Philly get injured.

• Like 1

RBBC or not, Clement put the points up when and where it counted, not Smallwood.

Just saying.

Edited by nlm

Just now, devaster said:

I don't think he has RB1 upside as a fan of the team. Solidly in the RB2 discussion though. Breida is in a far more RB-friendly scheme. Shanny Sr. and Jr. have shown over 20+ years that their scheme can make fantasy studs out of complete JAGs. While Clement is likely to be in a more prolific offense, the scheme is not as friendly for fantasy RB production. The RBBC limits his upside and that isn't going away regardless of how many RBs in Philly get injured.

I suppose you are correct about the ability to produce RB friendly schemes. The thing is, RB1 has been 12 PPG in standard so far. All Clement has to average is 14/65, 4/25, and 0.5 TDs per game. That really doesn't seem all that unrealistic to me. 

1 minute ago, nlm said:

RBBC or not, Clement put the points up when and where it counted, not Smallwood.

Just saying.

And that is why Clement is the back to start over Smallwood. Smallwood will have his weeks though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devaster said:

And that is why Clement is the back to start over Smallwood. Smallwood will have his weeks though.

Smallwood did have a few very solid weeks, but this was also when Clement was banged up and out. Should be interesting to see now.

29 minutes ago, devaster said:

Clement absolutely has the talent and situation to hit RB1 numbers on some weeks. That possibility isn't there frequently because of how Pederson uses his backs, but it's there.

I would not be surprised to see a couple games (assuming the backfield stays as is right now) where Clement has 40 yards rushing, catches 6 balls for 70 and puts in a couple of TDs. 

7 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Clement absolutely has the talent and situation to hit RB1 numbers on some weeks. That possibility isn't there frequently because of how Pederson uses his backs, but it's there.

I would not be surprised to see a couple games (assuming the backfield stays as is right now) where Clement has 40 yards rushing, catches 6 balls for 70 and puts in a couple of TDs. 

Can I please have that this week.  :)

34 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Obviously his weekly ceiling is RB1 numbers. In theory, he could go 12/140/2 and 4/50/1 if the stars aligned perfectly. The question is how will he rank rest of season? If I had do put an estimate on it, I would put him probably around the RB15-20 range. 

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

One of the funniest things on this forum is when people that clearly don't own a player come into a thread with nothing to offer other than to put that player down. My theory is it derives from the fear of missing out on a commodity that could have easily been had. 

I wonder.  Do people make silly - and irrelevant - assumptions because they are lazy or because they are stupid?

I’ve owned Clement on every team this year.  He’s an ok flex option and good bench depth.  

On teams with shorter benches I dropped right before Ajayi went down. On others, I am obviously still holding.

10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Obviously his weekly ceiling is RB1 numbers. In theory, he could go 12/140/2 and 4/50/1 if the stars aligned perfectly. The question is how will he rank rest of season? If I had do put an estimate on it, I would put him probably around the RB15-20 range. 

Clement should probably earn the playing time required to become a valuable RB in fantasy.

That is unless the Eagles pull off a Le'Veon Bell trade before the deadline.

Ajayi injuries was one of the best injury bets in fantasy I can ever remember.

Giddy up and enjoy, Clement owners.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Im not talking about whacky theories. I'm looking at numbers he's put up before, considering his increased opportunity and making a reasonable guess as to the guys ceiling. 

He's missed 2 full games, was barely used in game 1 since Ajayi/Sproles were leaned on, the game against Indy was weird for everyone since it was the first game Wentz returned and Clement is RB39 in PPR. I think RB20 (+/- 4 spots) in ppr is reasonable IF the Eagles don't go get a RB. If Clement can keep 35%-45% of snaps consistently than I think he does a bit better than RB20 and has a couple weeks that he finishes top 10. 

This situation is so ripe for some pure fantasy nastiness.  The RBBC exists here is fantastic for a player like Clement.  He is the lead dog.  He catches just as well as Sproles and Smallwood.  He runs better than Smallwood.  He has the body and grind to be more physical than Sproles.  Every Oscar nominated Best Actor/Actress typically has a Best Supporting Actor/Actress.....same here - the RBBC support is good but not too great.  The opportunity is there - we need health and we need him to continue to improve (which I think he will). 

1 hour ago, Rainyy said:

I wonder.  Do people make silly - and irrelevant - assumptions because they are lazy or because they are stupid?

I’ve owned Clement on every team this year.  He’s an ok flex option and good bench depth.  

On teams with shorter benches I dropped right before Ajayi went down. On others, I am obviously still holding.

Explains a lot.

How is Carolina against the run?  I am thinking about firing up Clement this week, but I also have some options.

29 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Explains a lot.

It really doesn’t.  

Your ad hominem argument  right now is that I soured on Clement because I dropped him and am trying to rationalize.  It’s a pathetic ad hominem appeal that sidesteps the merits of my argument, but I’ll play your ludicrous game.

When I still owned Clement in all formats, I was also questioning his talent level.  That has not changed.  I still don’t think he’s good.

Second, I worried that even with Ajayi banged up, the Eagles still favored a committee approach.  That remains true.

Obviously with Ajayi out, I think Clement has flex appeal on usage alone. But these considerations still apply.  

Edited by Rainyy

Rainyy--

If you judged Clement's talent based on his performance against Indy, you may have picked up a distorted view.  Because Clement was playing at far less than 100%.

Go back to last season and watch some of Clement's performances.  And don't worry about Sproles.  He dead. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Scored more than freeman and Howard. Also he's played better than Smallwood while being banged up so I'm starting him for sure

Edited by Guwop

Sounds like Wentz is a little gimpy so he may not be going for a lot of big downfield plays this week. Starting him in flex and hoping for some nice little dump pass plays with good YAC.