Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

On 10/12/2018 at 10:02 AM, austin316 said:

PS- All of us Clement believers have been saying for the past 2-3 months on this thread this exact scenario and opportunity would happen for Clement...

Not a shocker.

I know. That's why I held onto Clement even he was being dropped on Yahoo by the 10s of thousands.

Now I have Corey as my #2 flex, however, I'm wondering if he's truly my best option. I like everything I'm seeing about him, but I'm just wondering if the Panthers run defense might limit him a bit to where I might be benching the wrong guy. My bench is itching to play as well.  Is anybody else worried that the Panthers have a pretty good run D?

On 10/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, JetsAwesome said:

I thinks Smallwood becomes third once Sproles comes back.  We'll get a Clement/Sproles show.  Pederson loves Sproles in pass catching situations.

I imagine Sproles will retain his traditional scat back role where he comes in on some 3rd downs or other sporadic downs for a gimmick play or two, but I don't see him getting a real workload. He's also sure to be back there on returns. I don't feel like his return is going to suddenly limit Clement's workload. 

On 10/15/2018 at 11:33 AM, Leopard said:

How are we liking clement this week vs the panthers? 

On 10/15/2018 at 11:38 AM, smeeze said:

A banged-up Adrian Peterson just put up 97 yards on 17 carries on them. Clement should be a decent flex again this week.

Yeah, but that's AP on a Redskins team that overall is featuring a top-five running game. In most games, the Panthers aren't being run on all that much.

21 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

How is Carolina against the run?  I am thinking about firing up Clement this week, but I also have some options.

I just asked the same question. It's just enough to make me think about benching him, but I can't bring myself to actually do as much. 

So Eagles could have had a solid RB in Hyde for a 5th round pick. 

Yet they don’t. Fascinating...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Either a vote of confidence in their guys or they have something else in the work?

I'm holding Clement right now and not sure how to gauge his ROS value.....

3 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Either a vote of confidence in their guys or they have something else in the work?

I'm holding Clement right now and not sure how to gauge his ROS value.....

Can be either one. If Clement balls out this week though I doubt anything happens. Either way, Bell likely isn’t leaving nor is Howard (Chicago still needs someone to run between the tackles). I don’t know who they’d target. Hyde was a perfect option and they didn’t go after him.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Very smart post.  Well done.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Who knows at this point. Maybe they will just run with what they have? Good news for clement tho

On 10/12/2018 at 10:51 AM, Rainyy said:

RB3.  Mediocre talent and RBBC.  Only thing giving him flex appeal is expected goal line work.  

On 10/17/2018 at 9:42 AM, Gohawks said:

One of the funniest things on this forum is when people that clearly don't own a player come into a thread with nothing to offer other than to put that player down. My theory is it derives from the fear of missing out on a commodity that could have easily been had. 

As a reminder 7 people rec'd this garbage ad hominem post.  

Yes, like I said, I had no "fear of missing out" on a mediocre player stuck in a RBBC.  How many games is it going to take for the others here to see that Clement is a mediocre player stuck in a RBBC?

I am fine with people being bad at football analysis.  That's expected.  But football analysis + ad hominem is just a disgusting combo.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rainyy said:

Yes, like I said, I had no "fear of missing out" on a mediocre player stuck in a RBBC.  How many games is it going to take for the others here to see that Clement is a mediocre player stuck in a RBBC?

I am fine with people being bad at football analysis.  That's expected.  But football analysis + ad hominem is just a disgusting combo.  

Bro...

Clement has succeeded in this RBBC every time he has gotten touches and been healthy this year...

The Eagles run game was nonexistent today. That is all.

Excuse me while I Google "ad hominem". Speak English

Edited by austin316

1 minute ago, austin316 said:

Bro...

Clement has succeeded in this RBBC every time he has gotten touches and been healthy this year...

The Eagles run game was nonexistent today. That is all.

Do you disagree that he's a RB 3?  

7 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Do you disagree that he's a RB 3?  

I am comfortable with him at RB3 with RB2 potential in any given week.

I'm not an Eagles homer or apologist or even watch their games besides highlights. Giants game aside... they seem off this year. Smallwood is getting volume and doing nothing.

I'm just reminding you the fickle nature of fantasy. If you want to vent and say Clement sucks, go ahead. I understand and am cool with it. But he is going to get in the end zone and have solid games here and there.

For reference, I'm over here wondering how Jermaine Kearse got a big fat 0 after the Vikings allow 120 Yds/game to slot WRs and he Enunwa (and Kearse last week) has been eating all year.

My point is, we don't control these dudes. Just gotta ride the waves like the stock market, which can be easier said than done.

Edited by austin316

Gonna be benching at Jacskonville next week. Hopefully he can take control of this backfield. Clement didn’t do much, but Smallwood and Adams were pretty bad. Hopefully the loss makes the coach take a long look at the situation and it works out in CC’s favor. I still believe he’s the most talented RB in that backfield.

• Like 2

best thing to happen for this kid yesterday was the Shady injury  .. but an otherwise brutal day.  

dunno how the FO sits with this stable of RBs going forward, 8 days 'til trade deadline.

17 hours ago, Rainyy said:

Since you are clearly a fan of fallacies, i'm sure you heard of the fallacy fallacy.

Just because there is a fallacy in my post, that does not remove the post from being correct. While my post may just barely qualify as ad hominem due to arguing your motive, it is still a very valid argument. The amount of times people on this forums pump up players to make themselves feel slightly better or bash players for the same reason is absolutely ridiculous. 

You also come into this thread after one single game. A week in which Elliot got 4, Crowell 5, Johnson 7, Breida -0.5, Hyde got traded to a bad situation, Michel got injured, Lynch got injured, and etc. I would hardly consider the competition performing so much better than Clement. While he clearly did terrible, coming in and counting your chickens before they hatch while bathing in self-aggrandizement isn't the most appealing combination either. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rainyy said:

You must be a hoot at cocktail parties...........This is part of your act right?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rainyy said:

Spot on.

Edited by FitzMagic

Anybody holding?  Or should we just be giving up on Clement now?

Sproles return does NOT appear to be imminent...

Dumped him.  He could easily have some good games moving forward but I thought he had a better floor than what we saw yesterday.  And with that, I am out.

Side note: Eagles FO would be wise to look into trading for Jordan Howard if they are serious about contending again this season.

• Like 1

He has his moments. Not a RB you can safely start every week.

Start at your own risk. Bye week filler for me.

I've been hanging onto Corey all season long even when everyone was dumping him. But after tonight with it clear that Smallwood is the starter, is there any reason to still hang onto Clement?