Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Jags02 said:

I've been hanging onto Corey all season long even when everyone was dumping him. But after tonight with it clear that Smallwood is the starter, is there any reason to still hang onto Clement? 

Because it will probably flip flop next week and Smallwood will give you the goose egg. You really can't trust this backfield all together.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 2:26 PM, Rainyy said:

As a reminder 7 people rec'd this garbage ad hominem post.  

Yes, like I said, I had no "fear of missing out" on a mediocre player stuck in a RBBC.  How many games is it going to take for the others here to see that Clement is a mediocre player stuck in a RBBC?

I am fine with people being bad at football analysis.  That's expected.  But football analysis + ad hominem is just a disgusting combo.  

Looks like some people owe this guy an apology.

Really gonna be tempted to drop him during the bye...

I feel today though the other two RBs were 'hotter' so made sense to just keep feeding them.  If Clement starts a game running well he would also do well but it seems he isn't an exclusive Red Zone guy as we hoped. 

• Like 1

Was and still is a JAG. I thought he was the best JAG left in that RB committee but I guess not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armed_Rodgery said:

Dropping Clement. Can't believe I held onto this guy for so long. What a disappointment 

Agreed.  I dropped him after today's game.  Disappointing he couldn't win the lead job in this backfield.

Not sure why ppl were thinking Clement could take over as the lead back. He's not even as good as Sproles in his 30's.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:36 AM, Gohawks said:

Since you are clearly a fan of fallacies, i'm sure you heard of the fallacy fallacy.

Just because there is a fallacy in my post, that does not remove the post from being correct. While my post may just barely qualify as ad hominem due to arguing your motive, it is still a very valid argument. The amount of times people on this forums pump up players to make themselves feel slightly better or bash players for the same reason is absolutely ridiculous. 

You also come into this thread after one single game. A week in which Elliot got 4, Crowell 5, Johnson 7, Breida -0.5, Hyde got traded to a bad situation, Michel got injured, Lynch got injured, and etc. I would hardly consider the competition performing so much better than Clement. While he clearly did terrible, coming in and counting your chickens before they hatch while bathing in self-aggrandizement isn't the most appealing combination either. 

I feel bad that I missed this post.  I never said your argument was invalid because you used ad hominem.  

I simply disapproved of such tactics.  Here are the facts.  I made criticisms of Clement several weeks ago when it was not popular.  

Rather than responding to the substance of my post, you assigned me a subversive agenda:  that I was only criticizing Clement because I had missed out.  I consider this a juvenile tactic.  You don't know what I think; and it was complete speculation on your part to presume you knew my intentions.  The reality is that I didn't feel I missed out.  I dropped Clement precisely because of concerns which have since proven to be valid.  And even if I had such a petty motivation, I still think it would behoove you to focus on substance rather than speculate on motivation.  None of this is an example of the "fallacy fallacy."  I am simply sharing my normative preferences for argument. 

Second, in the most weaselly of moves, you suggested I was "bathing in self-aggrandizement."  Again, let's look at the facts.  (1) I made an innocuous post questioning Clement's value - no ego involved.  (2) You took that as an invitation to dismiss my points by speculating on my motive.  I don't think you are entitled to play victim in this scenario.  

You don't get to try to punch someone in the face, swing and miss, fall flat on your back, and then have your victim not say anything.  You don't want me to gloat?  Don't open yourself up to gloating by needlessly attacking people.  What goes around comes around.  

But, you know what, just for you, I think I will take that self-aggrandizement bath given Clement's stud performance this week.  

I have four words for you and the handful of morons who rec'd your post:

I told you so.  

Don't give up on Clement yet lads.  Jacksonville has a tough defense.  Not Clement's day today, but I still believe Clement is better than Smallwood.

6 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Not sure why ppl were thinking Clement could take over as the lead back. He's not even as good as Sproles in his 30's.

Speaking of Sproles, when he comes back is he going to muddle the waters even more or going to get the majority of touches?

Will be interesting to see what the Eagles do at the trade deadline. And also next week is the bye to give Clement some time to heal up as he doesn't look 100%. Smallwood still can't pass protect worth a damn and hasn't been running all that great. Eagles need to figure out their backfield and this is coming from an Eagles fan. I'm sick of the rotation by Duce Staley and seeing some RBs get too many touches and others too few. The rotation just hasn't made much sense since they lost Ajayi.

I trust Pederson to right the ship during the bye. If they don't acquire a RB I expect Clement to get more usage. But Clement has definitely struggled running lately, which could be due to nagging injuries.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Don't give up on Clement yet lads.  Jacksonville has a tough defense.  Not Clement's day today, but I still believe Clement is better than Smallwood.

I'd like to hang onto Clement, but it seems like he's now the 3rd RB, and probably 4th when Sproles returns. It's not like he struggled against the Jaguars tough defense. He simply was hardly even used. 

I've held onto Corey so far through thick and thin even when everyone was bailing on him before, but it's really tough to keep this up. This week in particular with half my team on a bye including Corey. It's not even that pretty out there, but I'm looking at replacing Corey with guys like Ito Smith and Elijah McGuire as possible flex players this week. Short of them, I'm wondering if I do keep a RB on the bench this week, should I be keeping the rookie Josh Adams over Clement.

Unless it is a 16 team league I do not see how you can hold onto clement? What are you hoping for? 15 touches and 90 yards with a td? Even in the giants game he was outtouched by smallwood. The coaches prefer smallwood and now prob adams over him. 

Clement's cost me 2 weeks in a row, but when you're in desperation mode with RBs, that happens I guess. I feel like the time to bail is now given the BYE, but I don't know. Maybe nagging injuries have played a role--but he's had chances to take more of a lead back role, and it just hasn't happened.

There is no bigger Clement truther than myself, but he has to be dropped in all but the most dire of situations. 

I still believe Clement is by far the most talented back in Philly, but everything out of his control is working against him. Pederson is determined to use 3 backs, no ifs, ands or buts about it. And Wentz has shown he's far too aggressive to even think about checking down to a RB.

The only way a RB is valuable in Philly is if it is a player like Kamara, Barkley, DJ, etc... . Clement will have a game or two the rest of the way that makes managers rush to get their waiver claim in, but it's all for not. Pedersons vision will simply not allow a fantasy relevant RB.

It is time to move on. RIP Corey, I love you.

No talk on this guy in weeks? Put up 8.2 and then 13.75 points past 2 weeks. Not the best but better than some. Any thoughts this week? Hows it look with Sproles coming back