Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

Plus no one has emphasized they will used Clement to save Ajayi's health so Ajayi can stay effective for them in real life.

Ajayi is obviously good and they'll want to keep him fresh (if he is even active). Therefore Clement will get his in that scenario as well, at the very least

Does anyone think with Sproles coming back that its going to cut into his upside/production?  I think he's a steal where he is going but Sproles and him play the same type of role... Haven't heard much on Sproles status.

7 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Plus no one has emphasized they will used Clement to save Ajayi's health so Ajayi can stay effective for them in real life.

Ajayi is obviously good and they'll want to keep him fresh (if he is even active). Therefore Clement will get his in that scenario as well, at the very least

That is exactly what a smart organization would do. I think Philly is that 

There's also a lot of confusion regarding the difference between committee backs and 'feature' or bellcow backs. There's this misconception that a feature back gets 90% of a team's positional touches, and that's simply not true. Theres much less difference (or need) between a player like Fournette (58% team snaps last year, albeit injury) and someone closer to the 40-45%. Clement has already had a role, that role is doubtless increasing, and there's already value beyond what his ADP costs to pick him. Think Lewis and Henry in TEN. 

Pack that in with the Ajayi health concerns and this is an easy pick, and every savy owner should have the dude rostered. 

• Like 2

I think this is a true committee backfield, rather than a RB competition, and that’s exactly how the coaches want it.

I like Corey Clement’s talent and o-line looks good, but each week a different RB could be featured.  I think this backfield should be targeted in Fanduel/DraftKings.

An injury to Ajayi would change things...

46 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Just a handcuff. Why all the excitement?  Ajaji is the clear #1.

Just when the thread is heating up, there is always one guy to come in and throw cold water all over the place.

I love it!  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Just when the thread is heating up, there is always one guy to come in and throw cold water all over the place.

I love it!  :lol:

Was thinking the exact same thing!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nyg350 said:

Struggling with the decision for my last roster spot: handcuffing up Melvin Gordon with Ekeler vs. the upside of Clement, especially with the mysterious ailment of Ajayi.

Thoughts on Clements upside? Any updates on Ajayi's injury (I can't find anything, it just seems like he hasn't practiced in almost 2 weeks). 

People on this board hate on Ajayi because he burned them last year. Ajayi is a good back. Clement has a chance to be an even better one though, he was dynamic in a limited sample last season. Clement has plenty of upside in this offense and is well-worth a flier at the right price.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MJ10162 said:

People on this board hate on Ajayi because he burned them last year. Ajayi is a good back. Clement has a chance to be an even better one though, he was dynamic in a limited sample last season. Clement has plenty of upside in this offense and is well-worth a flier at the right price.

What's the right price?

17 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

What's the right price?

He's going around 140 consensus and that's nonsense imo. He's going inside the Top 120 on FFC and I think that's more reasonable, I'd say he's like a 10th round guy. I'd rather have a RB in that range that can be an RB1/RB2 with injuries than a guy with flex upside that'll have a secondary or committee all year (which is Clement's floor anyway).

• Like 1

As a Patriots' fan, I love to hate this guy.  As a recent Badger Business Alumni, I love to love this guy.  As a fantasy player, I hate to love this guy.

Realistically, if Ajayi is healthy there won’t be too much here. Not to rain on the parade or anything but at best it would be an annoying split.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Realistically, if Ajayi is healthy there won’t be too much here. Not to rain on the parade or anything but at best it would be an annoying split.

I hear you but maybe they limit JA’s touches for health reasons and go something like 60/40 split? Maybe 30 to CC and 10 to Sproles? CC can catch too. 

6 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I hear you but maybe they limit JA’s touches for health reasons and go something like 60/40 split? Maybe 30 to CC and 10 to Sproles? CC can catch too. 

Let’s say it is a 60/40 split. Give the team 2,200 rushing yards which is slightly better than last season. 

Have to give around 450 to the 3rd down backs which leaves 1,750. That’ll give Clement around 700 and Ajayi will get most of the GL work. Sure, there will be some catches and what not but you are looking at a bye week fill which isn’t bad for his ADP but nothing special.

If Ajayi gets hurt than it’s another story. I own both guys and I’d love for one to take over fully. It’s an automatic RB1 behind that line and in that offense.

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Let’s say it is a 60/40 split.

If Ajayi is healthy, it will be more than a 60/40 split. But that is a BIG if.... 

31 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He's basically what Tevin Coleman has been the past few years, maybe a poor man's version. High end handcuff/lotto ticket with some stand-alone value. But you are right, if Ajayi stays healthy all year Clement won't break out. 

• Like 2

Historically CC has dominated red zone touches. That role will decrease this year, but likely from Sproles, not Ajayi. I'd be really surprised if Ajayi got over 50% of the team carries this year: that's just not how Philly works and they already have multiple incentives to pace his usage. 

36 minutes ago, Mahomet said:

Historically CC has dominated red zone touches. That role will decrease this year, but likely from Sproles, not Ajayi. I'd be really surprised if Ajayi got over 50% of the team carries this year: that's just not how Philly works and they already have multiple incentives to pace his usage. 

Haha sproles is old as hell, this dudes arrow is pointing up

Blurb says the Eagles are planning for Ajayi to be the guy week 1. Same blurb says Alshon and Wentz likely out,  so it isn't like they're hiding injuries.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Blurb says the Eagles are planning for Ajayi to be the guy week 1. Same blurb says Alshon and Wentz likely out,  so it isn't like they're hiding injuries.  

Source?  Fake news until I see a link