Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

26 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

To gauge trade value, tried moving him for Jacksonville, defense, got declined, guess I need to wait patient til ajayi blows his knee, then move him

That owner is dumb. He's worth more than a defense in any league. I got Mack Hollins and a 2019 mid round pick for him in a deep dynasty league. Not a huge return, but better than a damn defense.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Source?  Fake news until I see a link

Sadly for Clement fans, it's not fake. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Tim McManusVerified account @Tim_McManus 1h1 hour ago

Replying to @MikeClayNFL

I still think it will be RBBC but they’re establishing a mentality for Ajayi, who looks to be in line for the most work, assuming health.

I probably agree with Tim, but it's still not super inspiring for Clement. A 50/30/20 RBBC doesn't make Clement more than a flex, at best, until further notice. 

5 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I probably agree with Tim, but it's still not super inspiring for Clement. A 50/30/20 RBBC doesn't make Clement more than a flex, at best, until further notice. 

It’s not like we are breaking the bank drafting Clement. You are drafting him for the upside he presents if/when Ajayi breaks down. He’s already been sidelined for 8 days as recently as last week dealing with “lower body injury” and the knees are a serious concern. It takes one dumb hit, turn, or spin for clement to be thrust into the limelight. I got him for $5 in my Auction. If he doesn’t pan out so be it, I’ll drop him. But I’m definitelt hanging onto him early to see what happens with Ajayi.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Blurb says the Eagles are planning for Ajayi to be the guy week 1. Same blurb says Alshon and Wentz likely out,  so it isn't like they're hiding injuries.  

They've been handling him with kid gloves trying to make sure he's ready. The real question is can he stay ready once the season starts. I suspect lots of missed practices for him

Clement will still prove to be a RB3/Flex with Ajayi starting this year.

Based on where we all drafted Clement, I would hope you don't need to rely on him Week 1.

Just kick back and observe.

Based on how the Eagles use their RBs and that Super Bowl performance, I wouldn't call Clement a "poor man's Tevin Coleman". More like a suped up version in my eyes.

• Like 2

This guy will most likely be Tevin Coleman-lite all year as long as the Eagles defense stays upright and the offense resembles 60-70% of what they had last year.

Eagles are all prime for regression, but they will still be a top-3 team. 

I think we need to see Ajayi practice before we get worried about people on Twitter talking up Ajayi as "the guy" and "the dude"

Edited by pushaZ

2 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I think we need to see Ajayi practice before we get worried about people on Twitter talking up Ajayi as "the guy" and "the dude"

Agree. I mean, what are the coaches supposed to say. "Ajayi may or may not be the guy. We're all high on Clement. Wait and see approach." I mean ... they have to say Ajayi is the guy right now. Anything otherwise, would not be "politically correct." He's the starter, for now. But CC not far behind.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:57 PM, ajs723 said:

Sadly for Clement fans, it's not fake. 

I still really like Clement's upside... But how much should this news drop him down our draft boards?

1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

I still really like Clement's upside... But how much should this news drop him down our draft boards?

Zero.

Clement is a hard core HODL

23 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Agree. I mean, what are the coaches supposed to say. "Ajayi may or may not be the guy. We're all high on Clement. Wait and see approach." I mean ... they have to say Ajayi is the guy right now. Anything otherwise, would not be "politically correct." He's the starter, for now. But CC not far behind.

Ajayi is in a contract year, while Clement is cheap for multiple seasons. No reason for PHI not to run Ajayi into the ground this season.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

So much for all that Clement hype.

I know right. Still a hold for me right now, but losing grip. Might have to 86 and pick up WR depth instead. ??‍♂️

Just now, jtbgator said:

I know right. Still a hold for me right now, but losing grip. Might have to 86 and pick up WR depth instead. ??‍♂️

Lol if you're that short sighted you dont deserve him.

Losing grip? He was just one of the best players in the Super Bowl last time he played. Don't see a guy being a 300 tote dude when he can't even practice... Clement is still a top 30 RB ROS. WR Depth comes and goes but you only have one shot at Clement this year cuz your league mates aren't so skiddish

Poster who came in here and threw cold water to douse the heated euphoria in here  was right.   :lol:

6 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

So much for all that Clement hype.

What was the hype? Clement is in the same position he was in a week ago, and a month ago. A good running back in a timeshare behind a possibly fragile starter. I say possibly because thus far I don't think Ajayi has missed a ton of game, but he always seems like he's close. I never really thought that Ajayi was sitting out because he was seriously hurt. More like he's going to need to be managed with kid gloves to get through the year.

Doesn't seem like there's any hype priced into his ADP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

What was the hype? Clement is in the same position he was in a week ago, and a month ago. A good running back in a timeshare behind a possibly fragile starter. I say possibly because thus far I don't think Ajayi has missed a ton of game, but he always seems like he's close. I never really thought that Ajayi was sitting out because he was seriously hurt. More like he's going to need to be managed with kid gloves to get through the year.

Doesn't seem like there's any hype priced into his ADP.

Yeah people seem to have little to no grasp on the situation. I'm quite high on Clement, because I believe that if Ajayi goes down, he has massive upside. There's nothing more to it. I can't imagine it being likely that he's a Top 32 back by the end of the year. The next RB being picked is LeGarrette Blount. Who would you rather have in the late rounds? Give me Clement, and it's not even close.

If you're in Yahoo, just watch the game Thursday and keep him on your bench. If it is obvious that he's JAG based on the gameplan, you can always drop him from your bench for someone playing Sunday.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kball09 said:

If you're in Yahoo, just watch the game Thursday and keep him on your bench. If it is obvious that he's JAG based on the gameplan, you can always drop him from your bench for someone playing Sunday.

Smart. Drop if he duds. Keep if he does well.