Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, moeron22 said:

Are you taking him over guys like Carson, Penny, Alf?

Oh yes.  I am also taking him after I pick up three RBs in the first three rounds, White in the 9th-ish and Clement in the 11th-ish.  So, I get prepared to pick whatever I like by the time Clement is easily available, his adp might be rising as we speak.  I am not counting on Clement one bit.  Pure stash money baby. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat

7 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I tried to pick him in the 9th, but the site glitched.

Took him a round or two later.

Don't have Ajayi

Wow, I got him last round in every draft I was in. I was shocked people weren't more bullish on him. 

4 hours ago, jmausen said:

What???????

Smallwood was injured the second half of last year. 

He took all the 1st team reps preseason week 3.

Pederson is the king of RBBC.  Don't expect anything else.

Smallwood might not even be active on game days. That and he's been injured every year. 

Just now, South Carolina said:

Wow, I got him last round in every draft I was in. I was shocked people weren't more bullish on him. 

someone in my league must be on these hanging out in these rw forums....

Clement is this year's bitcoin (Engram was last year).  The writing seems to be on the wall.  Or, this can become a Derrick Henry thread too.  However, I think Clement has the right type of talent to fit into this Eagles team and make a damn ruckus.  so..hold on for your dear life to your Clement.  #hodl

7 minutes ago, moeron22 said:

Are you taking him over guys like Carson, Penny, Alf?

I'd consider Penny but not Carson or Alf.  Then again, it's all in your needs and when you suspect folks to pick people up.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Clement is this year's bitcoin (Engram was last year).

Clement is a better pick than Engram was last year. Engram would've been a TE2 if the entire Giants offense didn't get injured in Week 1 last year. You'll need similar luck for Clement to be startable in fantasy. That said, I own him.

1 minute ago, jujuonthebeat said:

Clement is a better pick than Engram was last year. Engram would've been a TE2 if the entire Giants offense didn't get injured in Week 1 last year. You'll need similar luck for Clement to be startable in fantasy. That said, I own him.

I love Ajayi but I'd be shocked if he makes it through the season. Clement has #1 talent for sure. If you don't think so watch his Superbowl tape. 

• Like 2

I love Ajayi but I'd be shocked if he makes it through the season. Clement has #1 talent for sure. If you don't think so watch his Superbowl tape. 

Played 14 games last year and 15 the year before. RBs average 13. Bogus narrative. You hold Clement for talent and potential, you don't expect anything to happen with it.

1 minute ago, jujuonthebeat said:

Played 14 games last year and 15 the year before. RBs average 13. Bogus narrative. You hold Clement for talent and potential, you don't expect anything to happen with it.

Agree totally. He's a low risk, high reward pick. If you draft him to start your an idiot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jujuonthebeat said:

Thus far Ajayi hasn't missed a lot of games. But the guy has knee issues. People could try to shrug it off like it was noise if it wasn't for all the missed practices. Now, I don't know if it'll catch up to him this year. But I'm guessing it will sooner than later, which maybe makes Clement a bit more appealing than he otherwise would be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Agree totally. He's a low risk, high reward pick. If you draft him to start your an idiot.

Clement has definite bye week fill in potential even with Ajayi healthy. Gets used in the red zone, best pass catcher on the team, many touches left to fill. You think they're gonna give 300 carries to a guy with both knee and foot problems now who cant even practice week to week?

Clement is garbage to you guys, but Matt Breida is the second coming. Got it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

Clement has definite bye week fill in potential even with Ajayi healthy. Gets used in the red zone, best pass catcher on the team, many touches left to fill. You think they're gonna give 300 carries to a guy with both knee and foot problems now who cant even practice week to week?

i think they both own clement. what are you talking about? 

Just now, pushaZ said:

Read my posts. I love Clement. He's totally legit. All you have to see is his Superbowl tape.

• Like 1

Read my posts. I love Clement. He's totally legit. All you have to see is his Superbowl tape.

Sorry just got carried away with these damn Breida boys

They're like locusts this year

• Haha 3

Just now, panthers93 said:

i think they both own clement. what are you talking about? 

Hehe. I think he's a little confused 

• Confused 1

Just now, pushaZ said:

Sorry just got carried away with these damn Breida boys

They're like locusts this year

Breida is no Clement, not close.

I have Clement in a league, but he's essentially a handcuff right now. I'm not surprised when any handcuff goes undrafted. I'm hoping Thursday night proves me wrong. 

Got him back as my draft just finished. Ajayi's knees are worse than people think or know in my opinion. 

Clement doesn't have all the measurables and speed but he's a good football player. I have no problems planting a flag here in 2018. 

Coaching staff loves him and he scored three house calls in a  playoff game, I'll bet on that. 

• Like 1

Yeah I got Clement everywhere I could myself... Every draft I had to draft him earlier and earlier though and every time people gasped.  The talent is there just have to see how much opportunity he gets.  Even with Ajayi there Philly's offense is going to be so good there will be more than enough to go around for Clement to get his.

• Like 1

Nice lil stat on Clement

2nd rated rookie RB pass blocker behind Jamaal Williams per PFF

7th rated RB overall in pass blocking

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

How early do i need to go to make sure i get him?

How big is your league and which picks do you have?