BrianM

Rex Burkhead 2018 Outlook

Meh.  I think he's more valuable in a real life NFL sense to the Patriots than he would be to any of us in fantasy.

It'll certainly be crowded.  Michel, White, Burkhead, even CP84 if they continue with that.

I don't see him coming in and taking a significant amount of catches away from White.  

Probably will have the occasional red zone looks, perhaps a wheel route TD, but that's hard to predict.

• Like 2

He is actually available in my Dynasty League which surprised me. Wonder if I should pick him up.....

I see Rex as insurance only, he can replace Michel and White.  But if White and Michel are healthy Rex might get the same snaps as Patterson was getting when both were healthy.  Barner will be inactive and Rex can play special teams too.

• Like 1

Don't think he has much relevance in typical 10-12 team leagues but grabbing him in my deep leagues. Could instantly be an RB2 if White or Michel misses time. 

Don't see him having much value barring injury.  But he will hurt the value slightly of both Michel and White.  When healthy he gets around 10 to 15 touches a game.

52 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Don't see him having much value barring injury.  But he will hurt the value slightly of both Michel and White.  When healthy he gets around 10 to 15 touches a game.

If he gets 10-15 touches a game, he'd have plenty of value. I'd be surprised if he got that many touches now with White and Michel playing as well as they are, but crazier things have happened. 

3 minutes ago, MayorMcCheese said:

If he gets 10-15 touches a game, he'd have plenty of value. I'd be surprised if he got that many touches now with White and Michel playing as well as they are, but crazier things have happened. 

Michel is banged up, it hurts michel and slightly hurts white but who knows, i’ll take a chance

If you have an empty IR spot that`s where he belongs, especially in PPR formats. 

Last season the team certainly screwed up James White's fantasy season after bringing in Burkhead, but maybe this season they know that Burkhead shouldn't cut into his workload at all.

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Last season the team certainly screwed up James White's fantasy season after bringing in Burkhead, but maybe this season they know that Burkhead shouldn't cut into his workload at all.

Yeah like Belichick cares...it will end up being RBBC to preserve all of the RBs for their playoff run.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Yeah like Belichick cares...it will end up being RBBC to preserve all of the RBs for their playoff run.  

Never said he cares.  Was just stating a fact about what happened last season and what hopefully won't happen this season.  They don't need nor never needed Burkhead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Never said he cares.  Was just stating a fact about what happened last season and what hopefully won't happen this season.  They don't need nor never needed Burkhead.

+1

This guy is FF irrelavant ...hopefully my competition picks him up.

MIchel is fragile. He was hurt in preseason and got hurt again a few weeks ago.

If Michel goes down again, Rex might get the carries. Or they can go back to Patterson.

Point is, if you have the room, hes not a bad stash.

RB is a complete non-entity on the wire.  There aren't any upside pickups out there in my 12 team league.  You could do worse than Burkhead, but his upside isn't very high.

Sony has had trouble staying healthy this year.

New England gets Miami week 14 and Buffalo week 16.

You can likely stash Rex in an IR slot for the time being, minimizing any risk associated with picking him up.

I think it's an ignorant move to turn your nose up at Rex right now, especially if you are a Sony owner.

• Like 1