BrianM

Rex Burkhead 2018 Outlook

Well I agree with what Cotton Jones is saying about everything being relative.   If I drop Rex, who am I gonna pick up?  The best RBs available in my league are the likes of Ivory, CJ Anderson, Smallwood, perhaps Ty Montgomery.   I could make that switch, but then those guys will just be buried on my bench and I don't consider any of them as potential league winners.   So I might as well stick with Rex knowing how that he has a better chance to be that lottery ticket than anyone available on waivers.   Now if I ever get into a jam and need the spot due to byes, injuries, whatever...then yeah, he's likely the first to go.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JediMasters said:

Is he a drop?  Is this backfield Michel's?

Survey says:  Yes

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Is he a drop?  Is this backfield Michel's?

I'm afraid that this may be the case. Michel is running like Ronald Jones but the coaching staff think they have Saquon Barkley.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, wayzupusc said:

Was expecting:

sa16795xavtx1000.jpg

What I got instead:

Things+we+found+in+the+walls+while+remod

Post of the year my friend!  Congratulations! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^^^ I concur ^^^^ LMAO

Where are the NE Pats fans. What are the sentiments locally in New England about the backfield?

Edited by nonstopfan

8 hours ago, wayzupusc said:

Was expecting:

sa16795xavtx1000.jpg

What I got instead:

Things+we+found+in+the+walls+while+remod

Congratulations.  A 600 year old butter knife worth millions is much better than a digital Swiss Army knife.

On 9/24/2018 at 6:00 PM, BronXBombers51 said:

I can't tell if this dude is a drop because it's Michel's backfield or a hold because Michel might stink.

Can't tell either. I want to drop but who ever knows with the Pats. I'm deciding to hold for 1-2 more weeks to see what happens.

Unfortunately I think he will be a for sure drop after another game. Getting gordon and edelman back soon and he was already banged up and not getting much run. I think they use Michel in the former Blount role and White as the usual passing down/hurry up back.

The only plus I can think of is that the Pats lost both games they went away from him a bit. Maybe they’ll think of getting him more involved. Other than that, it’s pretty dismal.

On 9/24/2018 at 6:19 PM, nonstopfan said:

^^^^ I concur ^^^^ LMAO

Where are the NE Pats fans. What are the sentiments locally in New England about the backfield?

I dropped him last week this time for a claim on Brieda and got him for 15 percent fab. I think his knee might be a real issue. But White is best pass catcher and might take over full duties. I saw him run through people to win Superbowl. I'm more interested in White than anyone. With Michel I worry he is a fumble away from doghouse. I think Bellicheck trusts White the most. And Burkhead took hindseat to Michel. Burkhead seems third in pecking order.  

Meh. I think he's a hold, pending the size of your league and whats on WW. We still don't really know who the goal line back is and even though he wasn't being used a rusher I would take a few targets a game if that's how it plays out.

Sucks to waste a 5th round pick but at least I don't have to deal with all the uncertainty of holding and then the potential that he may have been a fantasy star later in the season after I dropped him.

He was last weeks drop anyway. 

Rest up, Burkhead! Heal fast!