Bastardo!

Cooper Kupp 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I don't think it is necessary to "have a thing" for Marques Colston to make these arguments.  For a stretch of his career, Colston was one of the most dominant red zone forces in the entire NFL.  Kupp is a completely different type of player.  

Would it be necessary to "have a thing" for Jerry Rice to say Wayne Chrebet was a good solid NFL receiver, but he was no Jerry Rice?

Kupp is physically a different style player. 

But in the red zone he's who Goff looks to first.

31 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Kupp is physically a different style player. 

But in the red zone he's who Goff looks to first.

Agreed, Colston lined up in slot a lot, but lets not forget he was a 6'4 220 converted TE. Completely different game

How do people feel about this dude in dynasty?  Had a pretty solid rookie year and seemed to develop instant chemistry with Goff.  In full PPR, I like his outlook, even with Cooks and Woods around.

31 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

How do people feel about this dude in dynasty?  Had a pretty solid rookie year and seemed to develop instant chemistry with Goff.  In full PPR, I like his outlook, even with Cooks and Woods around.

I had him in one of my dynasty leagues, and shipped him away this summer. 

Frankly, I don't think Goff is that good. I think McVay surprised the heck out of the league with a terrific scheme to get going, but the league eventually catches up. 

Woods and Cooks are locked up long term. There's no point in the next 3 years that you can point to and say "here's where he starts getting 120 targets" 

39 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I had him in one of my dynasty leagues, and shipped him away this summer. 

Frankly, I don't think Goff is that good. I think McVay surprised the heck out of the league with a terrific scheme to get going, but the league eventually catches up. 

Woods and Cooks are locked up long term. There's no point in the next 3 years that you can point to and say "here's where he starts getting 120 targets" 

120 targets is a pretty high bar. Only a dozen guy went over 120 targets last season. I don't think anyone is expecting Kupp to be an every week WR1. 

However, Kupp did play at a pace for over 100 targets last season. That's nothing to scoff at. Cooks is there now, but Watkins was there last year. As a security blanket/chain mover/slot receiver I don't think Kupp's role changes. What could change is his familiarity with the NFL, and his rapport with Goff. Most players improve from year 1 to year 2. 

I think Kupp is an awesome value and would project him for about approximately 100 targets, 70 catches, 900 yards. The guy is also great redzone threat, so WR2 seems wholly within reach. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

76-1068-6

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

What's your projection for Cooks, Woods, and Gurley? 

His Kupp projection is a little high, but let's say 180 catches, 2200 yards,  and14 TDs for those 3. 

• Like 1

Kupp, barring major injury, has a permanent spot on my Dynasty team.  He is basically the Rams version of Jordan Reed despite not getting classified as a TE.

3 minutes ago, milesberg said:

Kupp, barring major injury, has a permanent spot on my Dynasty team.  He is basically the Rams version of Jordan Reed despite not getting classified as a TE.

ADP may be 5th Round by late August. 

1 hour ago, milesberg said:

Where does this comparison come from? Kupp  isn’t that big so I don’t get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Seems to run a lot of the same routes as Reed did for his head coach back when he was OC at Washington.

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Reed isnt that big either.

Woods and Cooks will each get a hefty number of targets.  And Gurley is the centerpiece if this offense.  I really like Kupp (Adam Thielen West?) but there are many mouths to feed in this passing offense.

This guy is gonna be the Rams top WR for years to come. He established an immediate connection with Goff last year and all reports out of camp are great. He Is going to be the team's primary redzone receiving option. Played the last 8 games of the season at a 120 target 88-1100-6 pace. High end WR-2 this year no doubt. 80-1000-8 is well within reach.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Digitalpower35 said:

I’m surprised not a lot of love on this guy. I took him at 7th round and it might be a little bit of a reach but he has so much upsides. 

This guy fell pretty hard in my league to the end of the 9th round, and that is where I took him. I think he's going to be a lot better than people think, and will be Goff's favorite target and he's the biggest end-zone receiver. While it's unlikely, it would not shock me if he scores double-digit TDs. 

4 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Kupp’s college stats look pretty awesome, why isn’t he more highly regarded? Was he playing against weak competition? I really don’t know anything about college ball.

Yes he was playing against weak competition, but he dominated at a staggering clip. 

On 8/28/2018 at 9:47 AM, daethfromabove1979 said:

Kupp’s college stats look pretty awesome, why isn’t he more highly regarded? Was he playing against weak competition? I really don’t know anything about college ball.

21 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Yes he was playing against weak competition, but he dominated at a staggering clip. 

He was also pretty old for a rookie (he's already 25).

23 hours ago, Digitalpower35 said:

I’m surprised not a lot of love on this guy. I took him at 7th round and it might be a little bit of a reach but he has so much upsides. 

He's #3 on the depth chart.  Their TEs were useless last year.

Replace "I don't know the routes" Watkins with Cooks.  Assume Woods is healthy and on the field.  TEs are more involved with the red zone.

23 hours ago, TheFire said:

This guy fell pretty hard in my league to the end of the 9th round, and that is where I took him. I think he's going to be a lot better than people think, and will be Goff's favorite target and he's the biggest end-zone receiver. While it's unlikely, it would not shock me if he scores double-digit TDs. 

This. Will end up the #2 on the team more than likely