Bastardo!

Cooper Kupp 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

He was also pretty old for a rookie (he's already 25).

And Kupp ran a TE-ish 4.67 40 at the combine.  So Adam Thielen is actually quite a bit faster.

1 hour ago, jmausen said:

He's #3 on the depth chart.  Their TEs were useless last year.

Replace "I don't know the routes" Watkins with Cooks.  Assume Woods is healthy and on the field.  TEs are more involved with the red zone.

He's a lock as the slot receiver on every play, led the team in targets as well as red zone targets. Has a "special connection" with Goff that's only getting stronger this year, and Goff doesn't know how to throw deep.

Cooks been traded twice in 2 years, Watkins landing a huge contract despite his awful stats presumably because Andy Reid knows how good Watkins really is and that X receiver slot just can't get quality targets under Goff.

Cupp going for 1000-7 as his floor at a bargain basement price

4 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

He's a lock as the slot receiver on every play, led the team in targets as well as red zone targets. Has a "special connection" with Goff that's only getting stronger this year, and Goff doesn't know how to throw deep.

Cooks been traded twice in 2 years, Watkins landing a huge contract despite his awful stats presumably because Andy Reid knows how good Watkins really is and that X receiver slot just can't get quality targets under Goff.

Stop passing along your misinformed opinions as fact.

Jared Goff narrowly missed the list, finishing 11th among qualifying quarterbacks. The second-year pro boasted a 95.8 passer rating and 35.4 percent completion rate on deep throws, but threw just three touchdown passes of this sort. The Rams are committed to surrounding Goff with playmakers on offense, but they'll need to find a replacement for departed deep-throw weapon Sammy Watkins.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921980/article/alex-smith-matthew-stafford-head-top-deepball-throwers-of-17

Just now, smeeze said:

Stop passing along your misinformed opinions as fact.

Jared Goff narrowly missed the list, finishing 11th among qualifying quarterbacks. The second-year pro boasted a 95.8 passer rating and 35.4 percent completion rate on deep throws, but threw just three touchdown passes of this sort. The Rams are committed to surrounding Goff with playmakers on offense, but they'll need to find a replacement for departed deep-throw weapon Sammy Watkins.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921980/article/alex-smith-matthew-stafford-head-top-deepball-throwers-of-17

Lol k bro

I just watch the games

On 8/8/2018 at 12:01 PM, milesberg said:

Kupp, barring major injury, has a permanent spot on my Dynasty team.  He is basically the Rams version of Jordan Reed despite not getting classified as a TE.

I get what you mean. I don't think you are crazy. 

Hard working, blue collar WR. Like him over Woods and Cooks. Rock solid, high floor WR2 in all formats. Maybe even more in PPR.

29 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

What do we think of Kupp after last night’s game? WR2 in PPR?

I got a feeling his bad games are going 2 be 10-12 points, one of the safer floors. Yea I’d say wr2 sounds about right. Prob won’t every kill us but the blowup games prob won’t be their. 

There’s definitely good chemistry between Kupp and Goff, should have a high floor most weeks, especially in PPR. If you missed the game, Goff missed Kupp in the endzone when he was wide open. Expect lots of Kupp TDs.

Kupp seemed like Goffs first read in key situations - 3rd down, red zone, etc.   The trust is there and I think because of the strength of this offense and the nature of his role, the targets will be there weekly, despite the other talented pass catchers beside him.  He will be an ideal WR3 for a lot of people this year I think.  

I remember him in college being a literal unstoppable touchdown cyborg at eastern WA.  The way they use him in the redzone I think they know this is one of his strengths.  If Gurley isn't punching it in, then more often than not it will be Kupp who gets the bucket.  I could see Kupp having a 900 yard, 10 TD year if things break right.

2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Kupp seemed like Goffs first read in key situations - 3rd down, red zone, etc.   The trust is there and I think because of the strength of this offense and the nature of his role, the targets will be there weekly, despite the other talented pass catchers beside him.  He will be an ideal WR3 for a lot of people this year I think.  

I remember him in college being a literal unstoppable touchdown cyborg at eastern WA.  The way they use him in the redzone I think they know this is one of his strengths.  If Gurley isn't punching it in, then more often than not it will be Kupp who gets the bucket.  I could see Kupp having a 900 yard, 10 TD year if things break right.

If he played all 16 games last year then he would have gotten 900 yards. I think 1000 is definitely doable. I’m also very optimistic on his TD totals too, ten wouldn’t be crazy but I’d say he’s a lock for eight.

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

If he played all 16 games last year then he would have gotten 900 yards. I think 1000 is definitely doable. I’m also very optimistic on his TD totals too, ten wouldn’t be crazy but I’d say he’s a lock for eight.

Good point, I just didn't want to get ahead of myself with my projections and crown him a high end WR2 prematurely.  I too don't see any way he gets less than 8 TD if he gets this many redzone looks and plays a full 16.  He's too damn good at scoring touchdowns.  He will be locked into my flex henceforth pretty confidently.

• Like 1

Love what I saw. Rams ran the 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE set the entire night and as someone pointed out earlier, Goff looked his way on 3rd down and in the RZ. 

Solid WR3 with WR2 potential. I'll agree he has a solid floor but there should be some 20 burgers sprinkled in.

31 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Guy is super consistent.  On pace for 1048 and 8.  That's right around WR8 last year.

You mean consistent enough to be a strong flex play or WR2 start every week?

Edited by vinovinovino

3 minutes ago, vinovinovino said:

You mean consistent enough to be a strong flex play or WR2 start every week?

Easily. 

On 8/29/2018 at 9:54 AM, pushaZ said:

Goff doesn’t know how to throw deep? Lol. Do you bother to even watch the games? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BackwardsKRay said:

Goff doesn’t know how to throw deep? Lol. Do you bother to even watch the games? 

This is actually a common narrative out there about Goff. It's amazing how many people have no idea what they're talking about.

I've said it over and over in the Cooks thread, Goff is one of the most accurate deep passers in the league. 

• Like 1