Bastardo!

Cooper Kupp 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I really don’t understand this concussion protocol crap. These are grown men playing a sport for money they’re not children 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattmac0912 said:

I really don’t understand this concussion protocol crap. These are grown men playing a sport for money they’re not children 

 

Welcome to 2018.   You’ll also be disappointed that your 8 track collection is outdated 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattmac0912 said:

I really don’t understand this concussion protocol crap. These are grown men playing a sport for money they’re not children 

This is exactly the mentality that makes it such a huge issue.  Concussions are no joke.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

This is exactly the mentality that makes it such a huge issue.  Concussions are no joke.

 

And yet they’re impossible to prevent in the game of football.  League trying to minimize them and they still happen every week- every game in fact (many still happen and go unreported)

 

The concussion protocol and all the other surrounding stuff  is the pound of flesh the NFL has given to keep this modern gladiator games going for the time being. It can’t continue in its current state if society really cares about concussions (spoiler alert: I don’t think they do).

 

Kupp probably gets cleared this week but I doubt Cooks does give his history.

Edited by cheezor42
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

 

It’s football mate they don’t like it they’re welcome to work a 9-5 like us mere mortals. The risk is what made football fun. These pansy rules are why it’s dying a slow death 

Hey bro - then go play some Fantasy Rugby then...those guys don't give a crap about concussions and injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

 

It’s football mate they don’t like it they’re welcome to work a 9-5 like us mere mortals. The risk is what made football fun. These pansy rules are why it’s dying a slow death 

Here, here!!!!  I'm with you man.  Who cares if these guys can't remember their name when they hit 45?  I need my fantasy points!  

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams coach Sean McVay is "hopeful" Cooper Kupp (concussion) will be cleared to play this week.

He said the same of Brandin Cooks, who is also dealing with a concussion. "They felt good today. They didn’t have any symptoms or things like that," McVay said. "We’ll go through the standard operating procedure, and if everything checks out...then we’re hopeful to get those guys this week." McVay's optimism is promising, but both players still have hurdles to clear before they are ready to go. If Kupp sits, TE Gerald Everett could see an expanded role.

 

Source: therams.com

Edited by chud12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Optimism is nice but I’m not sure there is much to take away from that report.

 

 

Its actually an extremely good sign for both players that Monday they made it through step 1/5 being symptom free.  Chances are given the reports so far that both feel good and have no symptoms means they’ll progress through the other 4 steps on-schedule thru the week.  

 

Possible delayed syptoms show up but it’s a miracle both had no day after symptoms.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With how good the rams D is and having gurley, you could sit both of them and probably still win the game by 10 points by the third. Denver can barely put together 2 tds against mediocre teams. My opponent has Kupp, id like them to stay precautionary and give him the week off. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

With how good the rams D is and having gurley, you could sit both of them and probably still win the game by 10 points by the third. Denver can barely put together 2 tds against mediocre teams. My opponent has Kupp, id like them to stay precautionary and give him the week off. lol

 

seahawks just ran all over them and hung 30+ points...
If they don't have symptoms he and cooks play, if they do, they won't.  Fastest way to lose in the NFL is to underestimate your opponent and needlessly bench your 2nd and 3rd best offensive weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

 

seahawks just ran all over them and hung 30+ points...
If they don't have symptoms he and cooks play, if they do, they won't.  Fastest way to lose in the NFL is to underestimate your opponent and needlessly bench your 2nd and 3rd best offensive weapons.

This is the broncos, as a freeman owner, i want no part of this. The rams will not let that happen in back to back weeks....Btw, robert woods says hi. He is very undervalued.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

This is the broncos, as a freeman owner, i want no part of this. The rams will not let that happen in back to back weeks....Btw, robert woods says hi. He is very undervalued.

 

OK well good luck hoping that peddle-to-the-metal McVay decides to give his star players "precautionary rest" even if they are symptom free and eager to play and he's repeatedly been quoted that he hopes they'll be ready this week.  Two weeks in a row this Rams team has been boat raced and I promise you McVay isn't approaching the game with your sense of certainty.

 

Edited by cheezor42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#LARams

HC Sean McVay says WRs Brandin Cooks and Cooper Kupp won’t practice today, but did participate in the walk-thru. They’re progressing well in the protocol.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On pace for an obscene 1490 yards and 17 touchdowns and he missed half a game...

I never expected this sort of output.  How much does he come back to earth?  Does he come back to earth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

On pace for an obscene 1490 yards and 17 touchdowns and he missed half a game...

I never expected this sort of output.  How much does he come back to earth?  Does he come back to earth?

 

I don’t think so really. It looks like he is the #1 receiver on the team and this offense is goat worthy. At this point I expect about 90/1200/13 so that’s a little regression, but still mid to top tier WR1. 

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WR1 ROS without a doubt. If you can get WR1 value in a trade, go ahead. But he's a player who - even if he fulfills the current 1500/17 pace - is still gonna be undervalued entering 2019 fantasy drafts. My suggestion: Just enjoy!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dsaints said:

Is anyone worried about the snow impacting Kupp's production? 

 

You can't sit him if he plays so it is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know the percentage of Kupp's routes that are ran out of the slot or where to find this information?  A matchup with Chris Harris would worry me quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harris has been good this year, hasn't given up a score. I'd also like to know if Harris will be locked on Kupp. Anyone have any knowledge on the Broncos D?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McVay moves his WRs all over the field. Asking what CB is most likely to cover Kupp or the other LAR receivers isn’t going to give you the full picture of potential output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.