ajs723

Theo Riddick 2018 Outlook

On 11/14/2018 at 8:13 PM, Leopard said:

Even if Marvin Jones plays, riddick is worthy of a flex...if he's out...I can see dump passes for days. Stafford will be getting the ball out of his hands quick vs Carolina. 

Overall, riddick is a very sneaky good play this week. 

I agree, I keep looking at him on waivers. Riddick is basically the slot reciever for Detroit right now in Tate's old role, and Stafford likes throwing to him. He is a really tempting sneaky flex play this week imo. Most of us probably don't want to drop anyone for him yet, but that could change after Sunday. He's an easy add to see what happens, could pay off ROS. Decent floor, he isn't getting carries but 6 and 7 catches the last 2 weeks he should be a safe bet in ppr.

Desperation flex play for me this week.

M Jones extremely unlikely to play so Stafford will dump off to him when seeing nothing further downfield while scrambling for his life.

Riddick will make the catch, gain 3 yards, and then fall over trying to avoid the first tackler.

This will happen about 8 times. Which will be fine by me.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Land Of Real Beer said:

Riddick will make the catch, gain 3 yards, and then fall over trying to avoid the first tackler.

Lol this is quite true. 

Super sneaky PPR flex with Jones out. Quietly 7/36 and 6/60 receiving past 2 weeks. 10.6 and 12 PPR points in my league.

19 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Carolina is tough against rb who catches ball. 

But how are they against slot receivers? This is essentially the position that Riddick has been playing.

Yep, especially with Jones out, Riddick will be getting mucho targets and lining up in the slot for the most part.  He's been trending that way since Tate was traded but now they'll need him even more.

Would not surprise me in the least if he went like 11 catches for 60 yards this week with no Marvin Jones, maybe 2 rushes for 8 yards or something. Carolina will likely put all their effort into stopping the run and double teaming Golladay with the other receivers being complete trash. 

James White on a much worse offense. Potential is there but for the last 3+ seasons has proven to be not dependable for anything above RB3 production.

15 hours ago, chrismikayla said:

I just picked him up in case the injury to Johnson is serious. He should be a decent flex play in PPR

I'll probably do the same, why not.

• Like 1

If you need a GOOD flex this week, how can you pass up on riddick...I know I'll be playing him. 

No KJ, Blount can't run at all, bears defense will get to stafford quickly - riddick is going to be heavily involved 

Why does Yahoo have him projected as the #10 PPR running back this week?  Seems super high, but is projected 16.88 points. Higher than Fournette, White, Chubb, a lot of good RBs...

2 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Why does Yahoo have him projected as the #10 PPR running back this week?  Seems super high, but is projected 16.88 points. Higher than Fournette, White, Chubb, a lot of good RBs...

Circumstances. Depleted RB corps and a team that’ll likely be passing all game. It only makes sense due to him being about the only RB left that can catch passes.

Edited by FitzMagic

16 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Picked him up but no idea what to expect.  Does he only play on 3rd downs?

With KJ hurt I don't think anyone is really sure what his role will be this week. Typically, yes, he is strictly a passing down back ( I think a single carry this year) but he has been playing in the slot quite a bit as well with Tate gone

• Like 1

No riddick carries will be irrelevant because he is not good at running the ball.  3.4 career average, 9 carries on the season he might get 5 carries for 10-15 yards.

1 hour ago, Leopard said:

Anyone starting him today? I am torn between riddick and Gus 

I am currently starting Gus but feel like today is the perfect time to start Riddick. Anyone have any thoughts? I just don’t know what to expect from Gus.

36 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

I am currently starting Gus but feel like today is the perfect time to start Riddick. Anyone have any thoughts? I just don’t know what to expect from Gus.

Same thought between him and duke. Touch choice!

36 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

Im in the same dilemma. Lamar Jackson said theyre gnna throw vs the raiders so the probably drops gus's value.