Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kidtwentytwo

Players it's time to give up on

Travis Hafner has been on my bench for a very long time...

I have to say Mike Jacobs is looking to be slowing down. I liked what I was getting out of him (starting him in righty heavy weeks), bu I was always uneasy about his OBP. I dropped him for Francisco, who deserves a shot I think.

Lots of names that shouldn't be here... I'll just give one. Paul Konerko.

Yeah Iwas going to say Konerko

its harder in an AL only league. I just gave up on Washburn after his last bad outing, and of course he pitched better than Wang today. Go figure.

Another guy that I would love to improve on but can't, is Jim Thome. The guy is old and is looking like it more so than ever. His powerful slow swing is causing him to strikeout consistently. But his power does still remain, he's towards the top of the league in both homers and RBI.

Hawpe for sure. Rios getting close

First one guy mentions Markakis. Now Rios is getting thrown in.

To me, it's time to give up on this thread.

Got pretty tempted to letting go of Votto to beat people to Rich Hill's return. Votto is one of 3 1B's and 6 of's I have but I manage to play him almost daily. That .240+ avg has got me down, but he seems most expendable to cut lose when I do need to stretch my rotation with an additional arm. It's a non keeper league fyi. Ahh the good ol days of him batting .300 (last month)

i dropped byrnes in a 12 teamer 2 weeks ago and he's cleared waivers and been a free agent ever since

Billy Butler 1 HR .260 Avg

Delmon Young 0 HR .270

Butler's been killing me, in a keeper league but I need help now to win it this year and am not sure I can do it with him pulling my team down for the rest of the year.....since there isn't much on the ww I'm going to hang tight for a couple of more weeks....maybe try dealing him for someone looking to get younger rather than drop him. Also have Konerko, but like I said b4, not much on the ww...and I won't be able to deal him.....old and declining....a mistake

Got pretty tempted to letting go of Votto to beat people to Rich Hill's return. Votto is one of 3 1B's and 6 of's I have but I manage to play him almost daily. That .240+ avg has got me down, but he seems most expendable to cut lose when I do need to stretch my rotation with an additional arm. It's a non keeper league fyi. Ahh the good ol days of him batting .300 (last month)

hang onto votto....he was terrible in the first half last year and still finished the season at 300 with 20+ homers....he'll go thru his ups and downs but will finish right where you'd expect him to

Managers it's time to give up on: Willie Randolph, Ned Yost.

Take a look at my roster and imagine how I feel. Half of the names on my team are listed in this thread! I'm currently sitting in 9th place. I didn't expect to win my league, but I at least thought I was good enough to finish 3rd or 4th! Maybe I still will, but this is awful right now. Oh, and to add insult to injury, I recently have had Jeff Kent and Edwin Encarnacion on my team, too! They have been jettisoned for Ethier and Cantu.

Johnny Cueto

Everyone else agree with this...I just picked him up off the ww so haven't had to endure his swoon....I'm hoping he'll straigthen things out and contribute the rest of the way. Though, I did see his start against the Dodgers last week and he was all over the place...didn't seem to have a clue on how to pitch....had great stuff...but didn't know how to use it..

I'm about ready to toss away Gary Sheffield in one league. His shoulder is all messed up. And a DL trip is on the horizon.

Yeah Iwas going to say Konerko

I think he is still a buy low guy. He will still get 25-30 hr's and he will go on a run. We just don't know if it will be during the month of june or july

Yeah after reading through this thread, I dont believe we should be taking this seriously. Hafner I can see people giving up on him because he has sucked this bad for atleast a year now, but to say Rios and Markakis is rediculous. There upside alone should make you WANT them, not get rid of them. Markakis always starts slow, Rios has no protection right now but Wells will be coming back in a month or less and he will go back to his usual ways.

Guys I would be willing to give up on now- Hafner, Helton (might be able to get you avg, but hes getting old and has stopped mashing like the old Helton for over a year now) and Barry Zito

Corey Patterson for the Reds case..

0-8 3 k's today for Ol Corey

As an aid, maybe this thread can help - if after looking at your player more objectively, then fine - make the move. I'd just point out that one of the reasons you're posting here is to get affirmation of your move, which then means you should consider when multiple members are countering your idea.

(The above refers not just to Markakis owners, but owners of underperforming players in general).

I traded Mussina for Cakes at about this time last year. He powered me to a 2nd place finish in a 14 team league.

Konerko (old and hand injuries are a b*tch). I dropped him for Gordan yesterday.

Homer Bailey

Travis Hafner

Manny Parra

Barry Zito :)

Brad Hawpe

Johjima

Michael Bourn

Kalil Greene

Nick Swisher

Sleeper Dump:

Prince Fielder B)

Nick Swisher

That's the name I was thinking. He's been on my bench for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Even during their winning streak, he wasn't showing much at the plate. He's firmly entrenched on my bench but I just don't have the guts to drop him. In a league less than 10, he should have dropped long ago.

M

Considering all the hype around him before the season started... I'm going to throw out J.R. Towles. I'd have already dropped him if there was anything else on the WW in my league.