Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kidtwentytwo

Players it's time to give up on

Rich Hill? Liriano?

I know some people are holding on, hoping that they'll return to form? However, they are taking up a valuable roster spot on alot of our benches.

Swisher

Konerko

Butler

Brett Myers

Brad Penny

JR Towles (if you haven't already)

Hafner

OK, there have now been no fewer than 9 players from my team mentioned in this thread. Yikes.

I love these topics. This gives me an idea of how cheap I can go out and get some of these guys that you all have mentioned. The smart owners out there reading this will find one or two guys mentioned in this topic and target them for a trade and watch the proven players turn it around.

my outfield consists of three bums who i'm hating on but im keeping them all

ERIC BYRNES - In the lineup for the first time this week in place of braun...haha gs

NICK MARKAKIS - This second half thing better not be bull**** because i want to murder him right now

BRAD HAWPE - ...he isn't doing too much

i was lucky enough to have picked up quentin right away to stop the poor batting average, i also have francoeur :S

braun has of eligibility now so i can put him there

i jsut put them on my bench until they heat up

considering hawpe, especially since i also have chris young in my dl spot, and furcal not playing for who knows how much longer..

a 1-9 from edwin encarnacion is just making me want to cut him even more, and i probably will....

both byrnes and markakis are buy low candidates...

i'd hold onto both of them. if they continue to struggle until the end of june, i'd sell then.

Sheffield B)

JJ Hardy :)

Rick Ankiel

Umm, why Rick Ankiel?

.289 8 HR 25 RBI's 26 Runs?

Yeesh

Richie Sexson

While hitting 30HR, he'll bat .240. For a fair 2 category player, his average isn't worth it.

i dropped byrnes in a 12 teamer 2 weeks ago and he's cleared waivers and been a free agent ever since

that is not a good league

I have to start Swisher (and Longoria B) ) lately due to Encarnacion and markakis being godawful.

Having Longoria and Encarnacion has been great for me, they seem to be slumping at different times!

Swisher

Konerko

Butler

Brett Myers

Brad Penny

JR Towles (if you haven't already)

Hafner

i think some players on this list is more like a buy low player,

Butler is a solid player and will end up hitting over .300 when the season ends,

Konerko , swisher the white sox power will kick in when it gets hot and they play at home.

Brett Myers is someone i cant wait to give up on.

Im waiting for one more bad start and he is history.

He is topping out at 89 MPH and getting pitches in the middle of the plate.

Does anyone think I should dump him now and get Andrew Miller??

I'm starting to wonder what is up with Roy Oswalt. It's hard to drop a guy like that, but still yet, I think I would rather have Cueto right now.

Brett Myers is someone i cant wait to give up on.

Im waiting for one more bad start and he is history.

He is topping out at 89 MPH and getting pitches in the middle of the plate.

Does anyone think I should dump him now and get Andrew Miller??

I don't want to drop Myers because he has ace potential and I know he'll come around with another one of the teams in my league and kick my a** if I drop him.

I don't want to drop Myers because he has ace potential and I know he'll come around with another one of the teams in my league and kick my a** if I drop him.

Should I drop him for Andrew Miller or B.J. Ryan??? Or keep him??

Brett Myers sucking big time this year was pretty predictable, to be honest with ya (to me at least).

I avoided him like the plague in all of my leagues.

I am aware that Swisher was already mentioned, and I already got rid of him. Maybe, it will come back to hunt me, but I was getting sick of seeing him hit (not hit for the matter).

here are guys i dropped at various points this season, in time order:

andruw jones for carlos quentin

rich hill for cliff lee

gary sheffield for milton bradley

johnny cueto for greg smith

one guy i fantasize about dropping is jim thome.

i draft this guy every year and always swear ill drop him during his slumps...until he starts jacking towards the end of the season...

utility guys are the worst to own...

I agree on Swisher.

I waited a long time before cutting him because I thought he would turn it around but he was killing me. I picked up Hermida for him in one league, and Longoria in the other.

Rich Hill? Liriano?

I know some people are holding on, hoping that they'll return to form? However, they are taking up a valuable roster spot on alot of our benches.

any guy who had was BETTER than JOHAN SANTANA and who is actually improving in the minor leagues...is worth at least a spot in my book...

im just hoping he can find 75% of that magic he had...well worth it....

definite gamble though...but the upside is TOO much to ignore...

rich hill worried me because his control was WAY off and showed no signs of improving and then him hurting his back just added to the problem...