lolcopter

Jeremy Hill 2018 Outlook

16 minutes ago, fingers said:

Why has this guy stunk for a couple years? I want to believe

two words. Marvin Lewis

12 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

What if this guy is just the next Gilly?

Could be... but he doesn't cost much (free).

2 hours ago, mdw5048 said:

What if this guy is just the next Gilly?

Not to sound like a snarky turd...but do we really care? He's a FA pickup who is a possible decent bye week fill-in. 

I'll say this for him, he played at Cincy at around 235, and I read recently that he's gotten his weight down to 225, which was roughly his playing weight at LSU. Maybe there's something here...not sure. But he's worth a FA grab to check it out and see. 

With Gillislee gone, Burkhead and Michel banged up already, he’s lookin like a nice pickup to me.

Seems like he’s been around forever but only 25 yrs old — just 2 yrs older than Sony. Plus he has a double-digit TD and 1000yd season under his belt.

Who’s to say he isn’t tabbed as the lead dog week 1?

I’m almost tempted to add him. He’s probably nothing, but he could be something. Remember when no one thought Blount would be the guy in NE? Next thing you know he was leading the league in rushing TDs. Hill could be their next Blount 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

With Gillislee gone, Burkhead and Michel banged up already, he’s lookin like a nice pickup to me.

Seems like he’s been around forever but only 25 yrs old — just 2 yrs older than Sony. Plus he has a double-digit TD and 1000yd season under his belt.

Who’s to say he isn’t tabbed as the lead dog week 1?

Never know with NE. Heck, with Hoodie at the helm, Ralph Webb may be the week one starting RB in NE with James Develin getting the big-back totes. Lol. 

• Like 1

I’m excited, but not remotely for week 1. I think their standard 5 skill set is Hogan/Dorsett/Gronk/White/Rex. Some Patterson. Brady should play most of the game in the shotgun as that is how they attack aggressive, talented D lines historically. White will be their feature RB. 

Take the flyer for sure; don’t bail after week one if he’s uninvolved. 

On 9/1/2018 at 3:26 PM, phisouza33 said:

Any status updates on Rex and Sony? 

Man, I remember thinking Gilly was the next Blount and took him in the 5th round last year. It looked like a great choice... for like two weeks. 

That said, I am all for taking Pats RBs late since there is always at least one that is fantasy relevant. Hill is a late round flier who we know is good enough to produce RB1 numbers. Maybe he finds that magic from a few years ago?

seems to be the odd man out between burkhead, white and sony, but those are usually the ones hoodie leans on...

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Hill's smooth transition to the Patriots offense made Mike Gillislee (who opened the 2017 season as the team's No. 1 running back) expendable, ESPN's Mike Reiss reports. "He's done a lot of good things to this point, had a good spring and summer," coach Bill Belichick noted of the former Bengal. "He certainly adapted quickly."

Of course, Hill's context is different than Gillislee's was last year, with versatile Rex Burkhead, pass-catching ace James White and promising rookie Sony Michel (knee) -- when healthy -- also on hand. Where Hill fits into the team's deep backfield is that he provides a power element that could translate into a share of opportunities in short-yardage situations. Given the Patriots' tendency to go with game-plan/game-flow specific carry distribution, Hill's weekly production figures to vary. Still, if he ends up emerging as the team's preferred option around the goal line, he could provide a degree of fantasy utility in TD-heavy formats.

16 minutes ago, jeffnsee said:

Dropped my kicker for Hill, i think he's a darkhorse to play the Blount role

It's just crazy that everyone has written him off for the likes of Burkhead and James White.

The best RB in NE is almost always the one that never gets hyped up: See Dion Lewis and Blount over the last three or four years. The hyped ones bust every time (Gillislee, Ridley).

The only thing that is certain in this backfield is the consistent uncertainty.  I expect Rex to be the guy this year but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Hill blows up in a game or two, just because Hoody can.

RBs flourish in this offense but the only question is, who is going to get fed each week.  It is all game planning and if Hoody expects one RB to do better he will feed them for that game.

I don't blame anyone for taking a flyer on Hill, especially if Rex can't do it because of his knee.....  Sounds like Rex is gtg but who knows with NE.

15 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

The only thing that is certain in this backfield is the consistent uncertainty.  I expect Rex to be the guy this year but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Hill blows up in a game or two, just because Hoody can.

RBs flourish in this offense but the only question is, who is going to get fed each week.  It is all game planning and if Hoody expects one RB to do better he will feed them for that game.

I don't blame anyone for taking a flyer on Hill, especially if Rex can't do it because of his knee.....  Sounds like Rex is gtg but who knows with NE.

Rex is 28, coming off injury and is oft injured... last season was a career best for him. Guy is going to get "fed" the ball all of the sudden? With White, Hill, and Michel on the roster? Maybe he pulls a Woodhead and gets all the TDs or maybe they feed the guy who can actually handle 250 touches a year until Michel is good to go.

22 hours ago, RoboFroogs said:

It's just crazy that everyone has written him off for the likes of Burkhead and James White.

The best RB in NE is almost always the one that never gets hyped up: See Dion Lewis and Blount over the last three or four years. The hyped ones bust every time (Gillislee, Ridley).

Ridley was legitimately hyped after his 2012 season because he ran for 1,263 and scored 12 TD. 

I posted in the Burkhead thread that I wouldn't be shocked to see Hill and Burkhead take the Ingram-Kamara role. Not saying I expect it, but wouldn't be shocked to see it happen. 

Just now, Flyman75 said:

I posted in the Burkhead thread that I wouldn't be shocked to see Hill and Burkhead take the Ingram-Kamara role. Not saying I expect it, but wouldn't be shocked to see it happen. 

Except Burk isn't Kamara.... neither of them is. Ingram Kamara is lightning and thunder. Hill and Burk is just thunder and thunder. Had Dion Lewis still been there, he was lightning. Sony might be lightning. I'm sure there's a reason Kamara is going top 10 as a backup...