• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
TekilaAF

Melky Cabrera 2018 Outlook

Any thoughts on whether or not to pick him up this year?  Or is he bound for retirement at this point?  He seems to be the forgotten man the past few years and one of the remaining unsigned agents who doesn't get a lot of coverage.  He has been a good and cheap fantasy option past couple years, even though he has been aging.

6 minutes ago, TekilaAF said:

Any thoughts on whether or not to pick him up this year?  Or is he bound for retirement at this point?  He seems to be the forgotten man the past few years and one of the remaining unsigned agents who doesn't get a lot of coverage.  He has been a good and cheap fantasy option past couple years, even though he has been aging.

IDK, paid $4 at auction for him on Sunday, might take a injury, or a minor league deal which I heard he turned down a few weeks ago.

Yea I'm pretty sure this guy is done. No fantasy value to be had here

10 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

He'll be signed mid-season by someone.  He still wants to play.  

Yea but buy who? We're a couple days from opening day and no ones interested 

16 minutes ago, gatewoodkid4 said:

Normally I would say yes but the track record of players that sign after spring training is not good.  In a 16 team league there probably isn't much on the wire so despite what I said I would pick him up.   Another concern is what happens when Chisenhall returns.  He probably would be limited to play against left handed pitchers.

Debut, hitting 6th today and playing RF. Anything to see here? Or are we looking at a messy platoon once Naquin and Chisenhall make it back? 

49 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Debut, hitting 6th today and playing RF. Anything to see here? Or are we looking at a messy platoon once Naquin and Chisenhall make it back? 

Not out of the question he plays 1B against RHP.  I doubt he will hit much though.  These guys with late starts to the season never have worked out in the past.

He's had 42 at-bats in AAA this year, so he's not coming in completely cold, and he was fairly productive last year as a roster-depth kind of player. He's probably worth a flyer in a super-deep league, but it's a dice roll where the odds don't really favor him once the rest of their outfield gets healthy. I wouldn't use a top waiver claim or high FAAB bid on him, but in deep leagues where you're churning a roster spot, it wouldn't be the worst thing to take a chance.

Wow I was blindsided by this news. I knew he was working his way up but thought I'd have more notice. Need to activate this guy somehow.

Nice problem to have but I'd completely forgotten he was on my roster.