midlip

Jay Bruce 2018 Outlook

So boring that nobody even talks about him?   Seems like a .240 85 27 85   floor with still a bit of upside for .255 95 35 100 

Nice bargain in the 150+ ADP range

thoughts? 

he is boring but boring players like Bruce can certainly help you win. A great value for someone who is most likely giving you 30 + HRS and 100+ RBI. His average wont hurt you too much

I think the Mets have an actually formidable lineup barring injuries, hopefully it clicks and Bruce is right in the middle of it

I see this from  February 25..

• Feb 25, 2018 • 1 min read Update Feb 25, 2018, 3:55pm

Bruce is experiencing plantar fasciitis in his left foot and is considered day-to-day, Matt Ehalt of The Bergen Record reports.

Bruce dealt with the same condition a season ago, so it's a little concerning that he's already dealing with a flareup this early in spring training. The Mets are hopeful that a few days of rest will remedy the situation and put him back on track to enter Opening Day at full strength.

how much of a concern should this be?

this from February 27..

Jay Bruce (foot) will make his spring debut on Tuesday.

Bruce has downplayed the severity of the situation, but the Mets decided to take it slow after he came down with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. They likely wouldn't be putting him back out there unless he felt close to 100 percent, so it's safe to say that the issue is behind him.

Uh oh... Mets training staff  :wacko:

Last time I had a player with plantar fasciitis was Corey Dickerson and it limited him to about 60 games, this is definitely something to monitor. 

25 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Last time I had a player with plantar fasciitis was Corey Dickerson and it limited him to about 60 games, this is definitely something to monitor. 

he's in there today and promptly went 0/3 w/ 3K's and an error

so

there's

that :P

Posted (edited)

Bruce hasn't had a hit since last Friday. :angry:

`

Edited by SpecialFNK

5 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

`

What's really depressing is I traded Moustakas to get him right before his current slump started. 

18 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

`

I'm expecting (betting on) a big, possibly monstrous, night from him tonight.

2 hours ago, meh2 said:

I'm expecting (betting on) a big, possibly monstrous, night from him tonight.

I was hoping you're right, I guess he's got a few AB's to go. Wisler looking good so far 

1 minute ago, mavsfan23 said:

I was hoping you're right, I guess he's got a few AB's to go. Wisler looking good so far 

Yeah, 0 for 2 so far. Just hit a rocket that Freeman made a diving catch robbing him of a double and possible RBI. Seemed like a prime spot- Wisler is terrible against lefties, it’s in a bandbox for left-handed power hitters, and the wind is blowing out.

buy low from someone who doesnt know this is what he does, hot and cold streaks for dayssssssssss

On 4/20/2018 at 10:59 AM, kmoore1521 said:

buy low from someone who doesnt know this is what he does, hot and cold streaks for dayssssssssss

<_<<_<<_<

sitting today, he's just been brutal while the Mets are winning, he has plantar facia which is very painful i've had it, same injury Zimmerman had when he had those 2 lost years, i have him on a few teams, not sure what to do, Choo is available in some of my leagues

9 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

This guy was dropped in my 12-teamer. 

A little early to give up on 36 dongs last year, no?

IMO yea too early id hold tight but some might not have the patience which is understandable 

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

IMO yea too early id hold tight but some might not have the patience which is understandable 

I'd be all over him but the foot injury scares me some. He is also prone to terrible slumps but I'd still bet on him finishing with respectable power numbers. 

Bruce currently has an 8 game hitting streak. but should there be any concern over his hard hit? he is way down at 21.6 hard hit%. is this just small sample size?

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=9892&position=OF

mlb.com has Bruce at 90.24 average exit velocity. MLB average is 89.11.

http://m.mlb.com/player/457803/jay-bruce

Thought his ADP was a steal given his numbers last year, think the PF is messing with him?

Is the foot still bothering him? He’s been batting pretty high up in the lineup but has produced jack squat for a good while now. Not expecting a great avg, but where’s the power/ run production? 

I've been hanging on to Bruce hoping he'd break out, but I'm losing hope. May be time to let him go

Just now, mi26 said:

I've been hanging on to Bruce hoping he'd break out, but I'm losing hope. May be time to let him go

Plz do cause i too am waiting, hes brICE right now but he will become Bruce as he always does, ask me in a month and my tone may change tho

On 3/20/2018 at 11:00 AM, midlip said:

So boring that nobody even talks about him?   Seems like a .240 85 27 85   floor with still a bit of upside for .255 95 35 100 

Nice bargain in the 150+ ADP range

thoughts? 

I can't see him making it to 17 HRs, let alone 27 HRs.

Is there a more worthless overpaid bum in all of baseball than Jay Bruce?  Well I guess other than Chris Davis?