• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
The Answer

Kenny Golladay 2018 Outlook

How are people feeling about him this coming season?   He showed some serious potential last year and I’m pretty high on him.  especially in dynasty.  

• Like 1

I really like him in Dynasty as well. I was pretty high on him last year, and then he kinda disappeared. When I did see him in games, he seemed a little lost and Marvin Jones coming on strong kinda hurt him as well.. He and T.J. Jones seemed to spit snaps pretty evenly last season, but I'm hoping that changes this year and he makes a leap. He has a great opportunity to be the redzone guy for Detriot.

• Like 1

I felt great about him last year, was thinking he learns on the fly and becomes a starter in 2018.   Then, Marvin Jones just balled the F out, to his credit.   Golladay is a good player but I'm not sure how much he can produce for fantasy's sake right now.  Needs an injury I think. 

On 3/21/2018 at 5:38 AM, BrianM said:

I felt great about him last year, was thinking he learns on the fly and becomes a starter in 2018.   Then, Marvin Jones just balled the F out, to his credit.   Golladay is a good player but I'm not sure how much he can produce for fantasy's sake right now.  Needs an injury I think. 

Ebron being gone helps his TD upside.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:38 AM, BrianM said:

The minute I saw an interview with stafford after Golladays big td game where he said Golladay has a lot to learn, makes alot of rookie mistakes in terms of knowing where to be on the field  and situational football but he had a good game because those were designed plays;  I passed and didnt buy into the hype. 

maybe this offseason he steps up his understanding of the offense and they will use him more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

Buy while he’s still cheap.

He needs a Tate or Jones injury to be more than a flier, though.

7 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Agree for redraft, I was thinking along the lines of dynasty.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Golladay is supplanting TJ Jones as wr3 this year. And the Lions use a lot of 3 WR sets. 

Agree dynasty outlook is stronger than redraft, but Kenny will take a step forward this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Golladay is supplanting TJ Jones as wr3 this year. And the Lions use a lot of 3 WR sets. 

Agree dynasty outlook is stronger than redraft, but Kenny will take a step forward this year. 

I think he may be the most talented WR on the team, but he needs seasoning.

• Like 4

kinda reminds me physically of a young josh gordon. when he gets on the field in 3 wr sets i hope he does'nt get lost behind the vet wrs. if he hits the weight room and expands his route tree, he will be a good wr in this offense. dynasty is the place to own him now. maybe as a wr 4 or 5 or so and hope he breaks out a bit for more consistantcy.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 1:32 PM, not an nfl scout said:

kinda reminds me physically of a young josh gordon. when he gets on the field in 3 wr sets i hope he does'nt get lost behind the vet wrs. if he hits the weight room and expands his route tree, he will be a good wr in this offense. dynasty is the place to own him now. maybe as a wr 4 or 5 or so and hope he breaks out a bit for more consistantcy.

Golladay has the talent, though I don't know if weight room or route expansion would help him as much as simply more time on the field.

Kenny-Golladay-Second-Touchdown-Detroit-

• Like 1

Pretty excited about my Golladay dynasty stock. He made some pretty impressive catches.  6’4 220 4.50 is WR1 prototype form, hope he develops towards that this year.  

• Like 1

I was hoping for fireworks last year and he teased early on, but I still love Kenny Golladay's prospects (even in redraft) as he's the kind of guy I'm always bird dogging a year early for my leaguemates.

On 3/25/2018 at 2:00 PM, petekrum said:

I think he may be the most talented WR on the team, but he needs seasoning.

Agree.  He flashes big time potential every so often.  Might just take a bit to develop.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:05 AM, fakespike said:

Pretty excited about my Golladay dynasty stock. He made some pretty impressive catches.  6’4 220 4.50 is WR1 prototype form, hope he develops towards that this year.  

After Week 1 last year, it looked like Golladay would dominate the Lions WR corps, would develop into either Gollatron or Megaday with only Rotoworld to decide which...

but then he quieted and Marvin Jones stepped his game up considerably. I see Golladay continuing to develop, though an increase to his targets is a key indicator regarding the speed of his development.

There's always the hope that Golladay advances while Marvin Jones pursues his singing career: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/02/04/detroit-lions-marvin-jones-wows-katy-perry-american-idol-audition/305404002/

3 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

After Week 1 last year, it looked like Golladay would dominate the Lions WR corps, would develop into either Gollatron or Megaday with only Rotoworld to decide which...

but then he quieted and Marvin Jones stepped his game up considerably. I see Golladay continuing to develop, though an increase to his targets is a key indicator regarding the speed of his development.

There's always the hope that Golladay advances while Marvin Jones pursues his singing career: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/02/04/detroit-lions-marvin-jones-wows-katy-perry-american-idol-audition/305404002/

Marvin Jones was always good. He just happened to face the #1 difficult CB schedule for the first month of the season.  His breakout ROS didn't just happen.

With the terdlet HC gone, look for more opportunities for Golladay. That was what was holding him back. No more let's keep it close and try and luck into a win in the 4th Q. The chains have been removed form the offense even with the new HC being a defensive minded coach. He has been around a point scoring machine long enough.

On 3/29/2018 at 6:19 AM, FavreCo said:

With the terdlet HC gone, look for more opportunities for Golladay. That was what was holding him back. No more let's keep it close and try and luck into a win in the 4th Q. The chains have been removed form the offense even with the new HC being a defensive minded coach. He has been around a point scoring machine long enough.

Caldwell >> Patricia

DET will be lucky to win 7 games, let alone the 9 games that wasn't good enough last year to save Caldwell's job.

12 minutes ago, NYR Fan 116894 said:

".....now that the FO got rid of the dead weight holding back this team from joining 21st century NFL football."

Haven’t heard much about Kenny this summer.  Anyone got anything?

16 minutes ago, The Answer said:

Haven’t heard much about Kenny this summer.  Anyone got anything?

IMO, Marvin Jones had a minor knee injury two weeks ago, Golden Tate a hard hit over the weekend, and unless either of these two suffer a significant injury Golladay will not be fantasy relevant in 12-team leagues. His upside is good if things change though, and he’s a solid dynasty bet.

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2018 at 4:04 AM, joshua18 said:

Caldwell >> Patricia

DET will be lucky to win 7 games, let alone the 9 games that wasn't good enough last year to save Caldwell's job.

Nope.  Caldwell was a terrible head coach.  He's a great guy, and a hell of a motivator, but his in game decisions were some of the worst I've seen in 35 years as a Lions fan.  He was lost on the sidelines, and completely incapable of making adjustments.  And his conservative approach cost the Lions several wins.  They should have been a 10-11 win team last year, at least.  The jury is obviously still out on Patricia, but it's hard to imagine they regress, especially with the major additions to the run game.  I also expect Patricia to take the chains off Jim Bob Cooter, and allow him to actually apply pressure to opposing defenses, rather than just playing ball protect when holding a small lead.  

Edited by Honolulu Blue Balls
  • Like 3

On 4/14/2018 at 4:04 AM, joshua18 said:

Caldwell >> Patricia

Actually a losing team is better for the prospects of a WR so I'm fine with Lions playing from behind.

Honolulu, you must be my brother from another mother. I agree 1000% !

Now that doesn't guarantee a better record as each season has it's own way of playing out. Schedule could produce tougher competition which could produce losses while playing much better. But if the Lions can't beat the Bears or similar level teams that are middling at best then i will give Caldwell more credit. Last year with the playoffs on the line they got taken to the woodshed by Baltimore & Cincinnati. You can't tell me that those both weren't winnable games.