The Answer

Kenny Golladay 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

IT is so depressing how he just gets like so few targets. Jones lit it up so it is not as if Stafford was force feeding a jobber wr on the other side. all 3 guys are boom or bust. At least it was not like last week when a jobber te got the 2 passing TDs.

• Like 1

Can’t trust any Detroit receivers. KG is their best WR and can hardly get targets. Tate, their slot guy looks pretty pedestrian because he isn’t getting the ball either. They’d rather run Kerryon and lose. The emergence of KJ is the worst thing to happen to the WRs of Detroit.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

Rendered a useless bum by this poor excuse for a coaching staff. Let's run KJ all game long and get blown out and ignore our stud WRs. Good gameplan guys! ?

8 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Rendered a useless bum by this poor excuse for a coaching staff. Let's run KJ all game long and get blown out and ignore our stud WRs. Good gameplan guys! ?

Coaches kill players. Like Schotty in Seattle. Those idiots will run run run and lose. The only reason Seattle didn’t lose is because they were playing Detroit. 

7 minutes ago, TheINC said:

They didn't run KJ all game, Stafford was terrified the entire game. KJ only ran 8 times and got 8 dump off passes, 12 of his passes were wimpy 5 yarders to Tate and he heaved it up to Jones. Stafford played like a punk and got rid of the ball as fast as he could. 

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Coaches kill players. Like Schotty in Seattle. Those idiots will run run run and lose. The only reason Seattle didn’t lose is because they were playing Detroit. 

Like Nagy in Chicago. Sad but true. Just didn't think the Lions would completely abandon what gave them success by the mid-way point of the season. It's great to have a run game and all, and KJ looks like a beast, but Lions won't win many games doing this moving forward.

4 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

They didn't run KJ all game, Stafford was terrified the entire game. KJ only ran 8 times and got 8 dump off passes, 12 of his passes were wimpy 5 yarders to Tate and he heaved it up to Jones. Stafford played like a punk and got rid of the ball as fast as he could. 

If it was 1 game then no biggie, but this is 2 games in a row of seeing next to no volume at all. Last week Xavien Howard covered him so I get it, this week?  Seattle is far removed from the legion of boom these days.  I'll still be rolling him out sadly, but not trusting him one bit.

Edited by TheINC

Just now, TheINC said:

Like Nagy in Chicago. Sad but true. Just didn't think the Lions would completely abandon what gave them success by the mid-way point of the season. It's great to have a run game and all, and KJ looks like a beast, but Lions won't win many games doing this moving forward.

They didn't try to run the ball, Stafford just sucked and went to dump offs to KJ and Tate. 13 runs, 40 passes on the game.  This debacle was on Stafford. Regardless, you can't trust Kenny with Stafford playing as he is. 

23 minutes ago, Balthazar said:

Looks like Tate is in the process of being traded.  This is HUGE news for Golladay owners!

Only speculation he is being traded

41 minutes ago, Balthazar said:

Looks like Tate is in the process of being traded.  This is HUGE news for Golladay owners!

Not going to happen. Sorry.

42 minutes ago, Balthazar said:

Yawn......no way that happens.  Lions are not giving up....

They aren't going to re-sign Tate. If they can get something for him, good on them. They have Golladay and Marvin. Not far-fetched for them to trade Tate at this point.

3 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Yawn......no way that happens.  Lions are not giving up....

Bears Vikes 4-3

Packers Lions 3-4

Tight division wow, any of these teams can win the NFC North.   

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

They aren't going to re-sign Tate. If they can get something for him, good on them. They have Golladay and Marvin. Not far-fetched for them to trade Tate at this point.

Their Head coach is trying to make an impact his first year of coaching, if they don't get offered a deal that favors them completely they will likely use him up for a playoff run then move on in the off season under the new regime. 

Gruden is not the norm when it comes to teams openly tanking and trading off players so early in a season. 

edit: I will say trading Tate would also depend how highly they feel about his replacement, I have no idea about that so that's the wildcard here. 

Edited by Zak0221

6 4 and a  total athletic freak 

yeah i'll hold onto this 

thanks. 

golloday will beast again, he is physically more athletic than most others 

he just needs more opportunity. 

selling low dumb 

useful playoff draws weeks 14-16

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Bears Vikes 4-3

Packers Lions 3-4

Tight division wow, any of these teams can win the NFC North.   

Exactly.....why would a team one game out of first start trading off valuable assets?  It’s not like the Lions are the NY Midgets or the LA Pacifists. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Tate is a beast.....they can win their division if they play more consistently. 

They just traded for Snacks. I doubt they would trade Tate. I think they’re trying to plug holes so they can win the division.

Relax.  They're not trading or Tate.

This is exactly what I warned you all about earlier this season, and you all laughed me off and said "NO HES A WR1 BRO".  He can't go off every week.  There are lots of talented mouths to feed and no particular pecking order.  He will get his again, and he will dud again.  That's just the way it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

Relax.  They're not trading or Tate.

This is exactly what I warned you all about earlier this season, and you all laughed me off and said "NO HES A WR1 BRO".  He can't go off every week.  There are lots of talented mouths to feed and no particular pecking order.  He will get his again, and he will dud again.  That's just the way it is.

I guess you are a Superstar for a reason. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dsaints said:

I guess you are a Superstar for a reason. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1