The Answer

Kenny Golladay 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

Truth be told we just need this kid to get it going. 

 

We've seen it, it's in there, he just needs more opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 11 vs Carolina looking tasty after watching that secondary get destroyed Thursday. A decent performance this week would be a nice boost to those looking forward to that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kid's separation average is at 2.8 yrds which is decent.  Don't know why Stafford doesn't throw as much to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Lockout King said:

This kid's separation average is at 2.8 yrds which is decent.  Don't know why Stafford doesn't throw as much to him.

this past game, I think it was play calling.  They tried to develop deep balls, but Stafford was sacked before the route was fully developed.  That's why there were 10 sacks and 7 passes to riddick in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lockout King said:

This kid's separation average is at 2.8 yrds which is decent.  Don't know why Stafford doesn't throw as much to him.

Where and how do you come up with that stats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dams513 said:

this past game, I think it was play calling.  They tried to develop deep balls, but Stafford was sacked before the route was fully developed.  That's why there were 10 sacks and 7 passes to riddick in my opinion.

So today can’t be easier with Mack right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 5:22 PM, Cleanface said:

I'm benching him this week for Boyd, which I think is the better play even if KG was still doing OK.

 

First 5 weeks were GOLD baby.  Hope he gets his groove back bc I need him.  

 

 

 

 

He's done nothing since opponents put their top corners on him.  Amazing how much harder it is when you have to beat #1 corners instead of #3 CBs. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

He's done nothing since opponents put their top corners on him.  Amazing how much harder it is when you have to beat #1 corners instead of #3 CBs. 

 

 

 

 

That's a pretty speculative and simplistic look at it tbh.  There are a lot of variables going on.

 

Kenny made plays that have nothing to do with who was guarding him.  Not worried about talent tbh.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

He's done nothing since opponents put their top corners on him.  Amazing how much harder it is when you have to beat #1 corners instead of #3 CBs. 

 

 

 

Nope, the problem is he’s not getting the ball. He can beat any corner in the league but if the offensive line isn’t giving Stafford time for the play to develop then that’s a problem. It’s also the coaching staff not making adjustments. This guy is very versatile so if Stafford isn’t productive they need to draw up more plays for KG in the slot and stop trying to go deep. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Nope, the problem is he’s not getting the ball. He can beat any corner in the league but if the offensive line isn’t giving Stafford time for the play to develop then that’s a problem. It’s also the coaching staff not making adjustments. This guy is very versatile so if Stafford isn’t productive they need to draw up more plays for KG in the slot and stop trying to go deep. 

 

Rem8mds me a bit of the problem Eli was having with Odell.  No protection as well but somehow the Giants figured out Odell has to get the ball. Detroit doesn’t feel as compelled to get the ball to KG.

 

i really should not wait and dump him for Captain Kirk.  Sigh.....he who hesitates loss.......I really don’t see this getting fixed. 

Edited by TennisMenace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Nope, the problem is he’s not getting the ball. He can beat any corner in the league but if the offensive line isn’t giving Stafford time for the play to develop then that’s a problem. It’s also the coaching staff not making adjustments. This guy is very versatile so if Stafford isn’t productive they need to draw up more plays for KG in the slot and stop trying to go deep. 

 

No he can't. He feasted on scrub CBs and has done nothing since defenses focused on taking him away. Due for a good game eventually but laughable that he was hyped so much a month ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

No he can't. He feasted on scrub CBs and has done nothing since defenses focused on taking him away. Due for a good game eventually but laughable that he was hyped so much a month ago

That’s on the QB. Calvin Jonson had a stretch in 2015 where he had limited catches. 3/44, 1/16, and 1/19. One of those games was actually 1 reception on one target. But I guess Calvin was just trash too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

No he can't. He feasted on scrub CBs and has done nothing since defenses focused on taking him away. Due for a good game eventually but laughable that he was hyped so much a month ago.

This guy is trash. His name is Calvin Johnson circa 2014 and 2015.

AC32A5F0-A6FF-4796-80FC-15E17C0B507D.jpeg

BDC6E7DD-65FC-460C-A22F-48CC90358646.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

No he can't. He feasted on scrub CBs and has done nothing since defenses focused on taking him away. Due for a good game eventually but laughable that he was hyped so much a month ago.

Surprisingly, these are his ranks on Football Outsiders

DYAR (defense adjusted yards above replacement)  ...#8

DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average)  ...#1

 

You can't catch what isn't thrown your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, psygolf said:

Surprisingly, these are his ranks on Football Outsiders

DYAR (defense adjusted yards above replacement)  ...#8

DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average)  ...#1

 

You can't catch what isn't thrown your way.

 

Amen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Time to drop in 3, 2, 1....

 

Started him as my flex this week and am glad that I did. With MJ potentially out next week with the knee injury or limited, even as the only option on a bad offense KG is still a good option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 3:39 PM, The G Man said:

Benching him this week. Don't like the match up or lack of targets (7 over the last three games, are you kidding me???). 

 

Good luck to those that are rolling with him. He'll probably go off since he's on my bench!

Yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lockout King said:

They were down by 30 pts, before they started chucking it.... 

 

Really? Can you expand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lockout King said:

They were down by 30 pts, before they started chucking it.... 


Mathew Stafford is mediocre at best QB who takes up way too much cap, making him one of the worst values of any players in the NFL, so they're probably going to be down a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, got burned by him 3 weeks in a row, finally benched him last minute this week. Its gonna be like this, huh ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.